JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was bound to happen. 4 walk ins to hospitals so far. Over 100 cases found.

4.6 shootings per day average in Portland in 2022. As I recall last years official average was 3.5 shootings per day.

I find myself increasingly indifferent to idiots shooting idiots.

GO DARWIN!!
Regular kids can be idiots at times. In fact I think it's part of being a kid probably. My guess is there were non-gang banger kids there too but just a guess as I really don't know.

It was bound to happen. 4 walk ins to hospitals so far. Over 100 cases found.

4.6 shootings per day average in Portland in 2022. As I recall last years official average was 3.5 shootings per day.
We strive to break records. Portland is a city of winners.

Sure ain't the same city I grew up in... ☢️
That's the truth! In my youth we would head into "the city" on the weekends from the sticks. Not once did feel unsafe walking down West Burnside, eating on NW 23rd, listening to music at LaLuna or bowling at Grand Central. We knew to stay away from 82nd Ave and we didn't wear red and blue. Pretty basic stuff.

Last night I took my 15 year old daughter to a concert at the Moda Center. Parked a half mile away in a pay to park lot. Graffiti and the remnants of car windows were what we noticed first exited the car. Told my daughter to be very careful when she kicked a pile of leaves. I didn't want her to have a needle stick her through her Chuck Taylors. We Had to walk through a bum camp and step around the urine on the sidewalks to get to the show. Stressed to my daughter to keep her phone in her pocket and her head on a swivel. Gave her instructions to run to the nearest open business if something we to happen. She was confused so I cleared things up by saying that if we had any altercations, got robbed, someone tried to grab her I would handle it and she would need to make a fast exit. Explained to her that the man laying in the grass was probably just passed out. All that in just 15 minutes in foot taking her to first rock concert in the city

During the concert I was distracted by the thought of losing my catalytic converter, having the pistol locked and hidden in my trunk getting stolen or even the whole car.

On the way home heading down Weidler there were a case of road rage a few cars ahead of us with a distinct "pop pop" and the two cars went speeding off in different directions.

It was everything we have come to expect from Portland and then some. It is definitely not the same city it once was.

Regular kids can be idiots at times. In fact I think it's part of being a kid probably. My guess is there were non-gang banger kids there too but just a guess as I really don't know.
I wouldn't define a "regular kid" as one that shoots others with guns outside of self defense / war. Once someone uses a gun with intent to do harm outside of those situations the term "regular kid" no longer applies because the extreme vast majority of kids do not do that and therefore it is not "regular."

I wouldn't define a "regular kid" as one that shoots others with guns outside of self defense / war. Once someone uses a gun with intent to do harm outside of those situations the term "regular kid" no longer applies because the extreme vast majority of kids do not do that and therefore it is not "regular."
As stated above in post #8, I was not talking about kids doing the shooting, only kids attending an event.

Who, besides the suspected shooter, was shot? The story said people were wounded and specifically said the 11yo may had shrapnel. Just trying to be clear that other victims were actually shot and not just implied they were shot.

People scrambling could be trampled, hit by cars or even shot. Vague writing leads to questions.

Who, besides the suspected shooter, was shot? The story said people were wounded and specifically said the 11yo may had shrapnel. Just trying to be clear that other victims were actually shot and not just implied they were shot.

People scrambling could be trampled, hit by cars or even shot. Vague writing leads to questions.
Video on the article page says 21, 18, 16 year olds had gunshot wounds, 11 yo had shrapnel wounds.

I thoroughly enjoy the twisted statistics that come after these things hit the media.

How they refuse to admit crime is rising by posting statistics that show gun deaths are actually lower year after year. Lol!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top