JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ah, right. In order to maintain a degree of harmony and not upset too many of you guys at the same time, I've pulled my 'offending' posts, in the certainty that anybody can look up the figures the same way that I did, and make their own call.
Well, I, for one, was not offended by your posts (takes a helluva lot more than what you wrote to make me crave a thicker hide). I was merely observing that the UK seems to have less reported "mass shootings" than the US does, but it has more stabbings, vehicular run-overs, and acid attacks than are reported in the US. :s0092:

As an aside, I recall that most of those shivvings, run-overs, and acid-splashings in the UK were typically committed by male individuals of Middle Eastern persuasion, but I wasn't there to witness it myself. It's just what NPR was reporting...

Last Edited:
Sorry, the definition is not 2.

mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are "actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter's use of a firearm." The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a "mass killing" as "3 or more killings in a single incident."

In the 1980s, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defined mass murderer as someone who "kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location" (Krouse and Richardson, 2015). In 2013, Congress defined mass killing as a single incident that leaves three or more people dead (Pub. L. 112-265, 2013).

But we live in a day in which we change definitions to fit the agenda, hence the ever changing (made up) term "assault weapon."
So the FBI dropped the number of dead to qualify as a mass shooting from 4 to 3?

So the FBI dropped a new definition of mass shooting to a lower number of dead?

Cross posting! ;) :D

My take is the US does have more, true, mass shootings than other countries, but I contend that other countries are not immune to mass shootings. Canada is a recent example, their gun laws havent stopped them.
There are other differences that affect this outcome like social, geographical, and economic metrics. We have a lot of neglected kids and adults in the US.
Or suicide bombings, or....

Well, I, for one, was not offended by your posts (takes a helluva lot more than what you wrote to make me crave a thicker hide). I was merely observing that the UK seems to have less reported "mass shootings" than the US does, but it has more stabbings, vehicular run-overs, and acid attacks than are reported in the US. :s0092:

As an aside, I recall that most of those shivvings, run-overs, and acid-splashings in the UK were typically committed by male individuals of Middle Eastern persuasion, but I wasn't there to witness it myself. It's just what NPR was reporting...
All totally true. Most knifers are black. Don't recall the last running-over, but he may have been white, but not of UK origin, and most all acid attacks are carried out by Pakistanis as punishment for perceived sinful behaviour by a sister or girl cousin.

All totally true. Most knifers are black. Don't recall the last running-over, but he may have been white, but not of UK origin, and most all acid attacks are carried out by Pakistanis as punishment for perceived sinful behaviour by a sister or girl cousin.
Making such a logical and obvious observation here can cost you your job and a lifetime of scorn and death threats.

I'm retired, and have no job.

A lifetime of scorn and threats?

Hah! I'm left-handed, red-headed, half-Irish and Jewish - I've heard it all before.
Ah, but are you the result of an illegitimate birth and a stepchild?

It's a well-known fact that in America, if you're a left-handed, red-headed, bastard stepchild, you get all the whippings... :s0140:

I find it interesting that 6 people were killed today by one suspect in Mississippi and not making headlines....
Its not even being described as a "mass shooting"....

I find it interesting that 6 people were killed today by one suspect in Mississippi and not making headlines....
Old white dude. You'd think the MSM and the antis would be all over this like stink on shiit... :s0092:

1676698310321.png

Just a thought but this might be a good question to ask of them.

I realize there is no one specific name attached to the article but with any luck you might get some kind of answer from someone at NPR - or maybe not.
Mass shootings are not mass murders. Many gang members are terrible shots. Lots of wounded bystanders. Gun Violence Archive includes every shooting even justifiable homicides.

Old white dude. You'd think the MSM and the antis would be all over this like stink on shiit... :s0092:

View attachment 1367674

This is not what I think of when I think of a "Mass Shooter". This is more of a domestic issue, where I consider a mass shooting when someone shoots/kills multiple strangers at a mall, school, church, etc. as opposed to targeted individuals. Same thing goes for gang bangers banging each other.

This is not what I think of when I think of a "Mass Shooter". This is more of a domestic issue, where I consider a mass shooting when someone shoots/kills multiple strangers at a mall, school, church, etc. as opposed to targeted individuals. Same thing goes for gang bangers banging each other.
Agree, but doesnt this story fit their definition of 4 or more?

With all due respect...This "what defines a mass killing" is a useless debate. One, two, four, five, twenty-five injured or killed? Doesn't matter, if that one or two were yours. Shouldn't matter if those four or five weren't yours.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top