JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think a lot of it is due to projection.

The people calling for bans can reasonably imagine themselves acting in a way akin to what a fruit loop did, so in their fear they want someone to make sure they can't get access so they won't do the same.

It's not that they don't trust us. It's that they don't trust themselves, and figure everyone else has the same disease in their head.

I've said this for years.. libtards are irrational, unreasonable, emotional types who would indeed likely act out at some point if the extra power was handed them. Projection, indeed, good call

Did the constitution and bill of rights just appear out of thin air? No, they were created through discussion and compromise.
I will not go away, I have as much right to be here as you do. I served my country willingly, and just because we don't agree on a few things does not not give you the right to stifle my ideas. That is un American.

There is ZERO wiggle room in the BORs.. only fools and tyrants who have over the years eaten away at our liberties like termites. These I call domestic enemies, and if you served then you swore an oath to defend the Republic and BORs with your life to stop them. At this point it might be unseemly for me to suggest the method.. but the more sage heads here will discern my intent

Hate to tell you this but the militia was the people, not a government agency at the time the 2nd Amendment was written. The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with an organized branch of the government.

I'm a huge student of that era (my ancestors were in the thick of it) and the militia had to be ready to rock N roll in minutes (minutemen? They were the quick reaction force, to hold the line until the regular militia could mass) in order to defend against brutal indian raids. The intent was the instant citizen soldier ready to defend community, possessions and lives against all comers. The Brits began to realize that this system could be used against their increasing tyranny, so April 19th, 1775 happened.. over intended weapons confiscations at the armoury at Concord

Seems we are headed for part 2, for the same arrogant tyrants are raising their surly heads again. See you all this Saturday at Black Rifle Day at the WA State Capitol. It starts at 11 AM and runs to 2 PM. I'll be packing a 7.62 NATO HK clone and I won't be alone

Well said my friend! I know a lot of people think Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist but (NOW) just about everything he has brought to light in the past has now come true. I like him and I like his show. For the last 2 weeks I have been watching and recording every show. They are now solely dedicated to everything that's going on with confiscating our guns and everything the main stream media (sewage stream) won't report because they're controlled! Rock on Alex Jones!!!!!!! Probably get a lot of negative feedback for liking Alex Jones but....

We need everyone who can and will fight. I don't totally trust AJs because he does not reveal enough of the core issue, (he well knows it, too, maybe he's being cagey) but if he literally fights with us then I will think well of the man

I also didn't totally trust him in the past but now, he and his family have been threatened with being shot. It's true, it was braodcast on a few main stream media shows. I couldn't believe it until I actually watched it! I gotta tell ya, he has the documents and video to back up everything he says on his show. And, he's ready to stand with US! I'm just wondering why he hasn't been taken out? Some say he's too high profile but I disagree. If they want him gone, he's gone because the politicians don't care any more if you're high profile or not. Seriously, if you don't want to subscribe to his radio show, you can listen to the audio portion for free. I think you'll like it.

First off the obvious: the semi-autos are not assault weapons. Get past that. From that point forward, it doesn't matter what one person likes or dislikes. The desire for any weapon is all that is needed and when we start sniping at each other over a particular weapon we have lowered ourselves to the same level as those that are right now trying to take all weapons away from us. They know how to divide and conquer. Weapons are like members of the opposite sex, one person's dream is another person's sweathog. Quit letting the commies devour us.

Nobody is going to take our guns. That's just bait from the gun industry. As the population grows, there will be as many more smart people and caring people as the idiots and murders you so fear. You might want to learn Spanish, though. In the meantime, though, find something real to fear, like bigotry and ignorance and phony religiosity. Why not try spending some of that ammo money and some of your precious time in this world helping care some poor and infirm person in your area who's lost hope in humanity. Take some needy children under your love and protection. I'm pretty sure, your religion teaches you that is the path to salvation, and that you should "fear no evil." I've checked the Bible, and it doesn't say anything about fighting off the Feds, or even the Romans. Have some courage. Courage is nourishing. Fear is poison. Be kind. Be well.

Salted Weapon is correct. Besides, all a poor, illegal and/or lazy person has to do is apply for welfare of some kind, like 60% of the people now, and they will get all the help they need from the Gov. Be advised I'm not including the unemployed people looking for a job, (jobs that are non-existant). And again, Salted Weapon and what he said is correct. If you want to peddle your Hippie attitude, go somewhere else! PLEASE!! Notice I said PLEASE as not to offend you! Thumbs up to Salted Weapon :s0155: This is a war and the Gov is bringing it!

Nobody is going to take our guns. That's just bait from the gun industry. As the population grows, there will be as many more smart people and caring people as the idiots and murders you so fear. You might want to learn Spanish, though. In the meantime, though, find something real to fear, like bigotry and ignorance and phony religiosity. Why not try spending some of that ammo money and some of your precious time in this world helping care some poor and infirm person in your area who's lost hope in humanity. Take some needy children under your love and protection. I'm pretty sure, your religion teaches you that is the path to salvation, and that you should "fear no evil." I've checked the Bible, and it doesn't say anything about fighting off the Feds, or even the Romans. Have some courage. Courage is nourishing. Fear is poison. Be kind. Be well.
What do you think gun registration is for? Only law abiding citizens are required to register guns a criminal is not required by law to register guns because it is a violation
of there 5th amendment rights. Confiscation followed registration every time in history. When there "reasonable gun control" measures don't work confiscation will be next.

Nato-223 spraying out of a 30 round clip will tell you they are destructive. I live my gun and if a gun lover was a thing I am he, I truly love the pure raw power they have and beauty all the same. I have many weapons and not one assault weapon never have and never will.
I personally for me see no use for them.

Come on brother.. "Nato .223"? "30 round CLIP"? and lastly "Assault Weapon/Rifle"?
You are not a gun lover, I think you'd know a little more than that if you were..
Second, its that very mentality that will destroy our 2A rights.
Our Constitution mentioned NOTHING of "Hunting or Sporting" purposes.. that was and still is a GIANT smoke screen play made by the libtards and anti gunners everywhere here in the states to wiggle their way between our Rights and Firearms.. and the sheeple eat that crap right up.. because.. they are morons.

You may have no use for them but millions of Americans do. They are the modern sporting rifle, hunting, competition, collection, a tinker toy for the garage-gunsmith, home defense and yes defense against our tyrannical government.

I'd suggest looking at every country where there was a registration for all their "scary firearms".. soon after there was total confiscation and yes lastly there WAS (In many countries) mass murder and genocide by the very governments that aimed to protect the people by disarming them. Go figure.

Of course the more structualized countries didn't have mass genocide, however the greatly increased numbers in overall crime (B&Es, assault, rape and murder) went up with the loss of the peoples right to bare arms and defend themselves.

I have mine because I always wanted. Had it for 2 years and have never fired it yet. I don't care if I never fire it. I own it, it is mine and no one will take it away. Have a Mini-14, and a 9mm AR too. Been shooting since I was old enough to lift a gun. Cannot comprehend what they think is wrong with guns or responsible gun owners. Will resist in any way necessary to keep my God given, and Constitutional rights. They are not authorized to take those rights form any American and never will be.

becuse i dont like assult rifle that should be my choice not to have one not some one make the choice for me and i dont a high cap mag that should be my choice to not to have somebody step in and take our rights away bleave in the right to bear arms and the gun dont kill is the person does it dont take the guns away put the person behind bars or take that person out in the street and burn him alive when he commits a crime with a firearm get rid of him

Which assault weapon were you talking about?
as·sault/əˈsɔlt/ Show Spelled [uh-sawlt] Show IPA
noun
1. a sudden, violent attack; onslaught: an assault on tradition.
2. Law. an unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.
3. Military . the stage of close combat in an attack.

The rock that Cain killed Abel with in the world's firts murder, a dager, a poison dart, the slingshot that killed Goliath. Seems to me it only becomes an assault weapon whan an assault is committed otherwise it is just annother inannimate object.
Lars Larsen had the best answer to the question, "Why have a semi-automatic fire arm?" He said if it is a right there need not be a question. Freedom of Religion says that we have the right to worship God however we choose and no one need ask why we need to go to mass or the petacotal church and so on. By the same token no one need ask what kind and type of firearm I have because the constitution says it is a right which shall not be infringed.

Packed two black rifles today at the record and epic Olympia campus event.. IMO it was at least 4,000 pro gunners, lots of our amazing ladies, and at least 1,000 open carriers

I carried an AR15 (my gals) and my PTR 91, cross strapped, and two Don't Tread on Me flags

I'm very proud of all you who showed... kudos!

As the shootings have brought to light the assault weapon a gun of choice I was curious outside of the obvious 2nd amendment, why Assault Weapons and What are they good for?

Full Auto's are already banned and anyone ever see a semi auto- with Nato-223 spraying out of a 30 round clip will tell you they are destructive. I live my gun and if a gun lover was a thing I am he, I truly love the pure raw power they have and beauty all the same. I have many weapons and not one assault weapon never have and never will.
I personally for me see no use for them.
if ignorance is bliss you are in nirvana
for a true gun lover would not call call his lover's parts the wrong name:s0140:
go back to bloomburg and company, and tell them you Failed miserably :monty:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads