JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now, before you assume my maturity level, or to tell me what I would hate, you had better think for a minute about who you may be trying to "school".

I have seen first hand what happens to people when their right to self defense is taken from them. I have seen this, because I have done this. I have also seen real fear. Combat is an ugly thing, men don't die with dignity when shot. I have been in places where people have "absolute rights" to do things to others, I have had those rights.

Don't you dare come on this forum, where you are very much a minority in your way of thinking, with all of your thirteen posts, from nowhere near the Pacific Northwest, and pretend to know anything about me or others like me. I never called you any kind of name or treated you with any disrespect. Nor did I aim to make assumptions about the way you think and why.

You have made it perfectly clear in all of your thirteen posts how you feel. You came here, you should be the one to "play nice". I've said it before, and I'll say it again for you now, since you are new here:

What part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand? Don't bother answering, I'm not interested in any more of your assumptions, and you have been relegated to the ignore list.

Great Post!

While I disagree with your religious views, I do agree with everything else you posted 100%!!!!!!

It's a very figurative thing...Soldiers are always told "there are no atheists in foxholes", but if you are in that situation, you tend to be too busy to do anything, or think about anything else... I am just not an organised religion guy. Everyone gets their spirituality on in the way that's best for them. That's what I was getting at. Metaphorical and s**t!

The Armalite AR-15 was first introduced as a hunting rifle, then the rights were sold to Colt who then went after the military sales and made it into a select fire weapon.
So I guess the intended use of the AR-15 was hunting.

Will do. Thanks. I really mean no offense to anyone. I want all our constitutional rights to be preserved. But, I don't want the acts of crazy people to be used as an excuse by anyone in government to restrict our rights. There are those in government on the left and on the right, with maybe good intentions and maybe with not so good intentions, who would stupidly or slyly diminish our rights as individuals in one way or another. Let's not make the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I think a lot of it is due to projection.

The people calling for bans can reasonably imagine themselves acting in a way akin to what a fruit loop did, so in their fear they want someone to make sure they can't get access so they won't do the same.

It's not that they don't trust us. It's that they don't trust themselves, and figure everyone else has the same disease in their head.

Really? A FUDD comes here and asks "why own a type of firearm but I know all about the second amendment so don't point to that"??? WTF? First off, the second amendment isn't about hunting.

"A well regulated Militia (government), being necessary to the security of a free state (government militia fighting invaders to keep us free), the right of the people (not the government, the PEOPLE) to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" Which means because the government has Arms, the people have the right have Arms. It follows that the people should have the same type of Arms.... your so called "assault weapons"

Does that make it clear??? The second amendment isn't about hunting!!!
Hate to tell you this but the militia was the people, not a government agency at the time the 2nd Amendment was written. The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with an organized branch of the government.

This country was founded on a constitution and a bill of rights.

So, you are wrong, go away!

Did the constitution and bill of rights just appear out of thin air? No, they were created through discussion and compromise.
I will not go away, I have as much right to be here as you do. I served my country willingly, and just because we don't agree on a few things does not not give you the right to stifle my ideas. That is un American.

Did the constitution and bill of rights just appear out of thin air? No, they were created through discussion and compromise.
I will not go away, I have as much right to be here as you do. I served my country willingly, and just because we don't agree on a few things does not not give you the right to stifle my ideas. That is un American.

Yeah, they all had a discussion, worked out a plan, wrote a document and said this is how we roll.

Tell me more of your plan to hold a new constitution convention.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top