JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know we have Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley as our Senators, with one having a house in NYC (has it sold? I vaguely remember it being on the market recently?) , either owned by his wife or they lived there for a long time because wife is a NYCer.... (Wyden). So Ron is very likely a lost cause, but his term ends Jan 2023, so we could remind him he may very well lose his Senate seat over this? Jeff's term ends 2027.

Here is the rub, there are a lot of Repubs who think they are "Safe" going into the mid terms, so they can flip knowing they are still safe until 2024, unless they get recalled, and they know that's unlikely, and they also know only 10 need to flip to make it happen, so they don't really have a lot to risk in voting to pass what the loudest screamers demand! Counting on them to do what's right is counting on getting royally screwed, by our own hand! DO not sit idle and let this land on the floor and get put to a vote, it very well can go for a vote and it very well can get passed!
There is no recall on Congressvermin--we tried it on Tom Foley, when it went against him he went crying like a little b!tch to a Federal judge and got it declared invalid and gave him his seat back.

Yes precisely @Ura-Ki

Again. 4 of the 5 Republican Senators leaving office at the end of this term, have voted in favor of gun control.

Roy Blunt

Pat Toomey

Richard Burr

Rob Portman

These 4 are IMO likely to add to the Dems +Indep's 50. That puts them at 54 votes to Republicans 46.. They would only need 6 +Ms Harris to 8 votes to do a filibuster proof passage.
Manchins already sold his soul for the watered down Build Back Better. West Virginia voters are a weird bunch but they won't stand for a big gun bill. He knows that.

I see this as a good thing, basically what he says in the vid, getting Benita's final ruling which would be quite a bit more forceful! While the 9th could challenge it, they would ultimately be in conflict with SCOTUS and would get a summery reversal with prejudice which is really bad news for them!
Let us hope and pray... the more middle fingers they stick in SCOTUS's face hopefully the more wrathful and Hellfire & Brimstone the responses become. I would pay good money to see Thomas begin such a smackdown with the words "Now listen here you little sh!ts..."

Seems unlikely that this would pass the Senate. If by some miracle it does, I'd assume an immediate injunction and then an escalation through the courts where it would be thrown out due to the strictures that Bruen just specified.

I think a lot of senators are thinking about 1994.
Hopefully so. They lost 53 seats (https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/when-bill-clinton-passed-gun-reform/488045/), and suffered long-lasting political attrition as a result.

Clinton himself said that "passing the 1994 federal assault weapons ban "devastated" more than a dozen Democratic lawmakers in the 1994 midterms — and cost then-Speaker of the House Tom Foley (D-Wash.) his job and his seat in Congress."

It's a losing issue for them. Whether or not current politicians are cognizant enough to figure that out is anyone's guess.

I think a lot of senators are thinking about 1994.
Here's hoping they do. A lot of gun-grabbers got their pink slips.

"They were mad about this whole weapons ban and the Brady Bill, and they probably took 15 of our House members out. That was their number, they said between 15 and 20, and I'd say, at least on the low side, they were right .." — Slick Willie​

IF we see the Red wave, it's gonna be epic!
We gotta win the Governors race here in OryGun, or it won't matter, its Betsy or Death at this point, any choice besides her is a WIN for the Leftists!

IF we see the Red wave, it's gonna be epic!
We gotta win the Governors race here in OryGun, or it won't matter, its Betsy or Death at this point, any choice besides her is a WIN for the Leftists!
Betsy would be a terrible choice to have she's too hard right, she would do as much or more damage to the state as Brown has. We need someone more moderate yet liberal (yes you can be both) that's not super heavy left or right. If we end up with one that's really heavy left or right, they well do more harm then good. If the state is going to try for a Republican Governor, it has to be someone who's moderate yet liberal or it won't work. A good chuck of Oregon is independents and undecideds, going hard left or right will cost those votes. It sucks but finding someone who is appealing to people in the valley is how you win it since almost 2/3 of the votes are in the valley.

Betsy would be a terrible choice to have she's too hard right, she would do as much or more damage to the state as Brown has. We need someone more moderate yet liberal (yes you can be both) that's not super heavy left or right. If we end up with one that's really heavy left or right, they well do more harm then good. If the state is going to try for a Republican Governor, it has to be someone who's moderate yet liberal or it won't work. A good chuck of Oregon is independents and undecideds, going hard left or right will cost those votes. It sucks but finding someone who is appealing to people in the valley is how you win it since almost 2/3 of the votes are in the valley.
how!? is she "too far right"!? When Christin Drazan called Betsy a carbon clone of Kate Brown!? :s0153::s0076:

how!? is she "too far right"!? When Christin Drazan called Betsy a carbon clone of Kate Brown!? :s0153::s0076:
She is far from a carbon copy of Brown. I've seen and read the things she wants to do if elected and even before she is. In words used by those on the left "she is a religious zealot who want to push her religious beliefs and opinions onto all of Oregon" it's an little over the top description but not to far off. This is not the person you want as the main candidate, she'll lose most or all of the moderate votes. She is running as non-affiliated but she would run as republican if she could.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top