JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She is far from a carbon copy of Brown. I've seen and read the things she wants to do if elected and even before she is. In words used by those on the left "she is a religious zealot who want to push her religious beliefs and opinions onto all of Oregon" it's an little over the top description but not to far off. This is not the person you want as the main candidate, she'll lose most or all of the moderate votes. She is running as non-affiliated but she would run as republican if she could.
In the words of those on the Republican side/far Right; as in Christine's....

The Republicans would like to remind everyone that Betsy used to be a Democrat....

The Republicans would like to remind everyone that Betsy used to be a Democrat....
So just because somebody use to be a Democrat that's automatically makes them a bad choice? I don't like any of them, I don't hind that. But I do think basing your vote solely on whether or/not someone belonged to a different party, is the wrong choice or even just because they're the same party. People blindly following party lines is what got us into this mess.

So just because somebody use to be a Democrat that's automatically makes them a bad choice? I don't like any of them, I don't hind that. But I do think basing your vote solely on whether or/not someone belonged to a different party, is the wrong choice or even just because they're the same party. People blindly following party lines is what got us into this mess.
No; I'm saying that Betsy is not as far Right as the Dems are saying, and not as far Left as the Reps are saying she is. A simple look at all three's voting records will be rather enlightening. Drazan's record on gun control isnt really clear but she has voted in line with the anti police/Dems on some police bills..... Johnson's record on gun control has been consistent, voting against her D party every time. Kotek on the other hand has voted in favor of gun control every time.

Drazen is a RINO big time, and pretty mushy on the big issues, especially the 2nd, which means she isn't saying because she KNOWS her stance would piss off a bunch of voters, and is likely anti gun.

Kotex is as hard core leftist as they come, she makes K8 look downright conservative, and is extremely dangerous to freedom across the board, you want gun control and higher taxes, she's your gal, she is the spawn of Hitler hisself that one!

Johnson is about as close to the middle as they come, and brings all that with her. Her politics are pretty even across the board, and she is NOT a Dem or Repub, she is an Independent, which means she isn't locked into one parties ideals or marching orders, and is very well placed to clean out the stalls in Salem's offices, as she says, "an equal opertunity pisser off'er" and her 2nd stance is rock solid, and more importantly, she supports all of our rights and she is a very pro Sheriff kind of person! She is also proven to be fiscally sound, not raise taxes to fund pet projects but use what's there and get more done with out all the special interest!

Indeed, when both major Parties are gunning and attacking Betsy Johnson.... you know something's up. Back to the topic. We need to pressure Ron Wyden and remind him that if he votes for the AWB, he may well lose the incumbent Senator seat come November.

I was skeptical at first, but I watched the first debate and Betsy Johnson has won me over. She highly intelligent, tough, and has common sense. Of those three women she is the best embodiment of the Pioneer Oregon Spirit. And I think she can connect with the business community.

Kotek is more of the same pie in the sky big government "programs and services" (and taxes) that hasn't worked and doesn't work. She is overly invested in social justice, like we don't have a million watchdogs in that camp already. We've done the Kotek thing already and we need something new in Oregon. We need a new look.

Drazan is just another politician.

My .02

Drazan is just another politician.
Yeah. What stood out was "we don't need more restrictions" as opposed to " I will make it a priority to repeal Oregon's gun control laws and to work toward a return to full Constitutional 2A rights for Oregonians"..

Yeah Betsy says "some" is OK in the sense of raising age to buy firearms, and a few things... but remember, she's gunning to take votes away from Kotek.

Yeah. What stood out was "we don't need more restrictions" as opposed to " I will make it a priority to repeal Oregon's gun control laws and to work toward a return to full Constitutional 2A rights for Oregonians"..

Yeah Betsy says "some" is OK in the sense of raising age to buy firearms, and a few things... but remember, she's gunning to take votes away from Kotek.
I had the opertunity to ask her about some of that, just a few quick questions, and I am convinced she is just paying lip service to the Wokies on "Soft" gun issues, she dosnt loose anything with that stance, and can walk it back once she is in office, should the need come!
I also asked her what her thoughts were on the recent SCOTUS rulings, and she said she fully supports the high courts rulings, Including the repealing of Roe! She did point out that Or. is a pro choice state, but much work needs to be done, which I take as code speak for she supports both sides of the issue, pro life and also pro choice and her comment of much needing to be done tells me she is looking at things with a pro life lenses but sees we need to address the core issues nobody talks about!

So why exactly arent you guys reporting those individuals to the FBI for a Code 18 violation? Its a conspiracy to deprive peoples rights. So get on it and report them anonymous.

So why exactly arent you guys reporting those individuals to the FBI for a Code 18 violation? Its a conspiracy to deprive peoples rights. So get on it and report them anonymous.
Because the FBI and head of DOJ are firmly in their pockets, from the activities they've been doing?

Like I've said before... even though reporting them to the FBI anonymously for 18 USC 241 and 242 violations, makes sense and should be done and have been done... there is still that pesky thing of discretionary actions; ie, if the AG and FBI Director decides its in their best interest to prosecute... they would. As of now, who is the AG/head of DOJ outside SCOTUS? Merrick Garland.
If DOJ and FBI refuse to prosecute members of Congress for violating 18 USC Sections 241 and 242; who can? that is why like I have said elsewhere... until SCOTUS call for the DOJ and County Sheriffs to enforce their decisions, its still largely a paper tiger. On paper, States are defying the SCOTUS, even Congress is defying SCOTUS, the DOJ is not enforcing the SCOTUS decisions and rulings, the Alphabet Agencies are doing "business as usual" defying SCOTUS and Congress..... I honestly don't know what the People can do legally. I've never gotten a clear answer as to what powers can the County Sheriffs use to arrest Federal govt agents and officials without involving the DOJ directly (FBI, US Marshals)

Yeah and thats where the problem lies. We are all supposed to be equal and the law is the law..if you are guilty of it it shall not matter who you are. I have not seen any footnotes saying 'under discretion of the DOJ'. Either the crime has been committed or not, period.

I see the the SCOUTS rulings as a failsafe to ignore laws that are being made that contradict those rulings, to me those laws are void if they were ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS.

Yeah and thats where the problem lies. We are all supposed to be equal and the law is the law..if you are guilty of it it shall not matter who you are. I have not seen any footnotes saying 'under discretion of the DOJ'. Either the crime has been committed or not, period.

I see the the SCOUTS rulings as a failsafe to ignore laws that are being made that contradict those rulings, to me those laws are void if they were ruled unconstitutional by SCOTUS.
"You might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride, and once we destroy your property and/or kill you you're not getting anything back. And if you DO survive and win in court, oh it's just taxpayer money which means we stick it to you AGAIN."

Betsy would be a terrible choice to have she's too hard right, she would do as much or more damage to the state as Brown has. We need someone more moderate yet liberal (yes you can be both) that's not super heavy left or right. If we end up with one that's really heavy left or right, they well do more harm then good. If the state is going to try for a Republican Governor, it has to be someone who's moderate yet liberal or it won't work. A good chuck of Oregon is independents and undecideds, going hard left or right will cost those votes. It sucks but finding someone who is appealing to people in the valley is how you win it since almost 2/3 of the votes are in the valley.

3 choices…

#1 Staunch anti-gunner
#2 Weak pro-gun stance and no chance of beating #1
#3 Established pro-gun record and can beat #1

Due to all of the puking carpetbaggers in this state, I'm expecting an outcome of the worst(#1), and hoping for the best(#3).

The optimist in me says "there's still an outside chance" that Independent-minded Oregonians will make their voices heard.

Last Edited:
In the words of those on the Republican side/far Right; as in Christine's....

Yeah well Trump used to be a Democrat but he thought he'd get more votes as a Republican so he sort of became one.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top