JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First off they refer to is a semiautomatic weapons ban not an assault rifle ban.
Here is the official title of the proposed legislation:

H.R.1808 - Assault Weapons Ban of 2022

Within that definition of "assault weapons," they include a number of semi-automatic firearms. Rifles, pistols and shotguns. However, there are many semi-automatic firearms that are not included. Such as M1 Rifle, M1 Carbine (with full stock) , M1A, most Ruger Mini-14's, to name a few. And are listed as exemptions. The exemption list refers to "auto-loaders," strangely, they don't use the word semi-auto with these.

The pistols listed on the ban are not "normal" pistols per se; the proposed legislation appears to be targeting pistol versions of "assault rifles." And things like the Skorpion.

I'm relieved to see that my single shot New England Firearms Handi-Rifle is on the exemption list. I knew there was a reason I was keeping that.

The requirement for no private transfer, I read that as applying only to the "banned" firearms, not all firearms. Correct me if I'm wrong. If so, it will lead to some confusion in states that have not already banned private transfer. Meaning, some firearms will need intervention of a dealer, some will not.

I hear and read on the news that this proposal is doomed in the Senate. Maybe, but pols have a way of pulling off miracle long shots from time to time. "Hail Marys," I think people say.

I've been getting ready for this for several years. At a state and federal level. And the fact that I'm getting on toward the end of a life that includes active shooting. So all of my "assault weapons" less one have already been sold. My lovely Armalite AR-10 is gone. My several M1A's are gone. Many AR's have gone to new owners. Lately I placed one with a pawnbroker on consignment for sale. Even my Remington Nylon 66 went away. I kept an old Bushmaster for my grandson to play around with. As part of the aging out thing, I sold most of my non-offensive firearms as well. I have to say, it's a big relief not to have the security issues that surround firearms ownership.

What's troubling to me is the exemption inclusions. So.... a new model comes out that isn't in the exemption list... does that means it is banned like it is in CA?
I don't think it matters if a certain non-assault weapon isn't on the exemption list. So long as it doesn't have the characteristics of an assault weapon, it's okay.

Just scanning and I didn't see it in there after it was split from the other elements that where removed, but at one point there was also a section that limited transfer of a grandfathered firearm through inheritance.
That's not a feature of this proposal. See section 3, sub para. (2). If you owned it before the date the proposal is adopted, you can keep, sell or transfer it. By federal law. In Wash. state, similar proposals have been more strict.

3A8BCC2C-C386-4BCF-AAE1-99677A5F13E2.jpeg

so now we wait to see what the senate does. will it be a yay or nay.
My understanding is they would need 100% of the Ds and 10 Rs to turncoat for it to pass the senate. Washington gun law guy did a long video that had an opinion on it. I skipped around as I'm not watching an hour video and it's in a random wandering question format.

Skip to 31:23 mark for his opinion on chance to pass in the senate

Last Edited:
My understanding is they would need 100% of the Ds and 10 Rs to turncoat for it to pass the senate. Washington gun law guy did a long video that had an opinion on it. I skipped around as I'm not watching an hour video and it's in a random wandering question format.

Skip to 31:23 mark for his opinion on chance to pass in the senate

They got sixteen R's for the last 2A infringement earlier this year...

We shall see. 4 of the 5 Republican Senators leaving at the end of this term all voted in favor for the last 2A infringment Senate bills. That means if brought to the floor, the anti 2A Party only needs 6 to 8 votes from the not Pro-2A (but "not Anti2a") Party. To be honest, with 2 House Republicans having voted for the AWB House bill and 5 House Democrats who broke with the party to vote against the House AWB bill, the fact that was the margin needed to kill the bill infuriates a great many people. Had tgese 2 voted in line with the Party, it would have been 215 v 215, if the same 5 Dems voted against, including one of our House Reps for Oregon, Kurt Schrader.

"This will never pass" God, I am so sick of hearing that.

That's what many people said about the following:

Mag ban
FTF sales
Mandatory background chesks
Labeling a 10/22 as an assault weapon
Enhanced checks on any semi auto
Indefinite waiting periods

Too many to list over the last 30 years. I hear it all the time. "That'll never pass" yeah, they did.

Anyone who tells you to not worry, dont stress about it, don't waste your time, just slap some sense into them.

Regardless of how unlikely something is to pass. Call, write, email those who were elected to express our voices.

Let me break it down.

1 million people want this anti gun cr@p passed. Of those, 750k write, call, email.

10 million people are against it. 250k write, call, email, while the rest are comfident that it won't pass. So they do nothing.

That governor, congressman, senator, has 750k for and 250k against.

Just what do you think he/she is going to do? Numbers carry weight.

Yes. Even 1 voice counts.

Everyone that believes it won't pass. If you don't make your voice heard.

It most certainly will pass.

The pro 2A far outnumber the Anti 2A. They are just better organized, louder, and they are willing to take 10 minutes out of the day for something they believe in.

You, me, us. We aren't going to change their minds. Facts don't matter, we know that.

Take a few minutes and write a letter/email. Speak out. Be heard.

If you do nothing, then don't complain when you have nothing left.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
Samuel Adams

:s0013:

Here is the rub, there are a lot of Repubs who think they are "Safe" going into the mid terms, so they can flip knowing they are still safe until 2024, unless they get recalled, and they know that's unlikely, and they also know only 10 need to flip to make it happen, so they don't really have a lot to risk in voting to pass what the loudest screamers demand! Counting on them to do what's right is counting on getting royally screwed, by our own hand! DO not sit idle and let this land on the floor and get put to a vote, it very well can go for a vote and it very well can get passed!

Yes precisely @Ura-Ki

Again. 4 of the 5 Republican Senators leaving office at the end of this term, have voted in favor of gun control.

Roy Blunt

Pat Toomey

Richard Burr

Rob Portman

These 4 are IMO likely to add to the Dems +Indep's 50. That puts them at 54 votes to Republicans 46.. They would only need 6 +Ms Harris to 8 votes to do a filibuster proof passage.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top