JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe write OFF/NRA again with some supporting documents? Or, attachments? Or, maybe there is a regulation that supports you opinion? But be polite and have some documentation. Thanks.

Best for every NRA member in Oregon to get after the NRA. Tell them we supported the NRA now its time for them to help support us in this crazy ballot 043 measure.
IF NOT, cancel your subscription with them. Tell them you want the balance of your syubcription refunded back to you.
Might wake them up.

Maybe write OFF/NRA again with some supporting documents? Or, attachments? Or, maybe there is a regulation that supports you opinion? But be polite and have some documentation. Thanks.

I try and be nice to these guys especially OFF but there is so much people don't know about these two groups.
I only want OFF to be aware because for some reason everyone thinks they have the corner on stuff.
I don't trust OFF used to, The NRA well they just fail to do much. They can do their own research, Ive gone this route with OFF before, I just put it out there as for some reason some people follow his lead. I did my duty wrote them, and even posted here the rest is up to them. You get enough rude emails and you start not wanting to talk with these guys here in Oregon, no one like a know it all, so my idea was if I stay away from it maybe they will look into. But thanks for the idea, but they don't seem to care unless its puts them up on a pedestal, so as you can see I am pretty done trying to help them.

If it passes I am on the way out. AZ here I come. I am retired and really don't care to stay in a anti-gun state. It is going to be part of California. See it coming fast. What they do, Oregon does and so does Washington. To bad they are ruining this beautiful state with all the anti's in the world. Wonder whom is paying them off to do this ?? hum ?? Would be interesting to research it.

Best for every NRA member in Oregon to get after the NRA. Tell them we supported the NRA now its time for them to help support us in this crazy ballot 043 measure.
IF NOT, cancel your subscription with them. Tell them you want the balance of your syubcription refunded back to you.
Might wake them up.

If people can't afford both an NRA and Oregon Firearm Federation (OFF) I highly recommend they join OFF. Kevin at OFF has his attorneys ready to file a lawsuit against the proposed ballot title then file another objection to the State Supreme Court under
Oregon, ORS 250.035. These suits cost money and the fact is OFF is alreadyband fully engaged on stopping IP43 from making it on the Nov ballot.

Who knows, maybe that's the original intent, but the wording is too loose within IP 43. One of the sections classifies an assault weapon as this:
  • Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
That paragraph can be interpreted legally this way:
  • Subject #1: Semiautomatic pistol,
  • Subject #2: or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine,
  • Limitation: that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;
It's Subject #2 here that is really broad. Any semiautomatic (comma), centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine (comma), that has a capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Within that sentence, it is describing rifles with different qualifications: Semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire with a fixed magazine. It's the use of the "or" conjunction that is problematic here. They could have said "Semiautomatic centerfire rifle or semiautomatic rimfire rifle" which would exclude bolt and lever action. But they didn't quite state it that way.

I think the wording is such that a court can interpret even a lever action .22 rifle with a fixed magazine as party to the restriction.

All magazine fed semi-autos have the "capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition". Even manufactures who only sell pistols with 10 or less round magazines to stay compliant in all states like Hi Point, accept after market extended capacity magazines

15953d1319240075-c9-too-gangsta-img_0170.jpg

So what we have here is a ban on everything except Cowboy Guns (single action only revolvers, lever guns), pump action and bolt actions. How many thousands of Ruger 10/22 or similar rifles do you think that is?

I sent an email to Second Amendment Foundation in Bellevue, Washington and asked if they were going to help fight it.
No reply was received, so apparently not. So I won't be contributing $$$ to them. Is NRA-ILA going to join the fight?

I sent an email to Second Amendment Foundation in Bellevue, Washington and asked if they were going to help fight it.
No reply was received, so apparently not. So I won't be contributing $$$ to them. Is NRA-ILA going to join the fight?
Not so far. Looks like we need to fight the good fight and encourage everyone we know to vote against these initiatives...

If people can't afford both an NRA and Oregon Firearm Federation (OFF) I highly recommend they join OFF. Kevin at OFF has his attorneys ready to file a lawsuit against the proposed ballot title then file another objection to the State Supreme Court under
Oregon, ORS 250.035. These suits cost money and the fact is OFF is alreadyband fully engaged on stopping IP43 from making it on the Nov ballot.
I have known Kevin for quite a few years, have fought against anti-gun legislation with his team and the subscribers on this board. I am sure that he and his team are on top of this. And, hopefully, the board members will support OFF and will concurrently will be supporting their own interests against this bad ballot measure.

And this is why I'll donate yet again to OFF once I get paid this Wednesday.

If it passes I am on the way out. AZ here I come. I am retired and really don't care to stay in a anti-gun state. It is going to be part of California. See it coming fast. What they do, Oregon does and so does Washington. To bad they are ruining this beautiful state with all the anti's in the world. Wonder whom is paying them off to do this ?? hum ?? Would be interesting to research it.

We are all paying the anti's to spread the anti word via unionized, taxpayer-funded leftist indoctrination centers called public schools.

Last Edited:
We are all paying the anti's to spread the anti word via unionized, taxpayer funded leftist indoctrination centers called public schools.

I haven't seen it. I graduated from Southern Oregon University in 2010, its about as liberal of a university and town as you can get, I don't think I heard one word about guns or gun rights from any faculty or admin. The groups that have been popping up recently seem to be student organized groups.

All I hope it that we all stick together on this. It's the only way we will pull it off.

It is not a joke. This could turn very nasty in a hurry. I have guns that I purchased when I was 12 years old. You could do that back then. I am now 66.

2018 Initiative Petition #44 Draft Ballot Title is here.

Secretary of State Elections Division

oregonvotes.gov

Contact: [email protected] | 503-986-1518 | Toll Free 1-866-673-VOTE

Initiative Petition

The Elections Division received a draft ballot title from the Attorney General on May 1, 2018, for Initiative Petition 2018-044, proposed for the November 6, 2018, General Election.

Caption

Requires firearms be locked during storage/transfer, loss reported, minors' use supervised; imposes penalties/liabilities

Chief Petitioners

Henry Wessinger 1000 SW Vista Ave #1105 Portland, OR 97205

Vincenza Passalacqua (Jenna Yuille) 1704 19th St. NW #9 Washington, DC 20009

Paul Kemp 8710 SE 137th Avenue Happy Valley, OR 97086

Comments

Written comments concerning the legal sufficiency of the draft ballot title may be submitted to the Elections Division. Comments will be delivered to the Attorney General for consideration when certifying the ballot title.

Additionally, the Secretary of State is seeking public input on whether the petition complies with the procedural constitutional requirements established in the Oregon Constitution for initiative petitions. The Secretary will review any procedural constitutional comments received by the deadline and make a determination whether the petition complies with constitutional requirements.

To be considered, draft ballot title comments and procedural constitutional requirement comments must be received in their entirety by the Elections Division no later than 5 pm:

Comments Due

May 15, 2018

How to Submit

Scan and Email to [email protected]

Fax to 503.373.7414

Mail to 255 Capitol St NE Ste 501, Salem OR 97310

More information, including the draft ballot title and text of the petition, is contained in the IRR Database available at www.oregonvotes.gov.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top