JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firearms that IP 43 would classify as "assault weapons". It's not just black rifles:

(1)(a) "Assault weapon" means any:

(B) Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

.22 rifles like the Marlin 60

jpLpbs8.png

and Ithaca X5 Lightning

mQRBM5C.jpg

would be classified as "assault weapons" and would have to registered, surrendered, removed from the state, or destroyed. Even if registered, they could be possessed only on your own property, on private property with the owner's permission, or at a recognized shooting range.

(1)(a) "Assault weapon" means any:

(D) Semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following:

(v) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor or forward pistol grip;

That includes this S&W M&P 22 Compact

LHdXdtn.jpg

and this S&W SW22 Victory .22 pistol

rfMWTll.jpg

because of their threaded barrels. They would be classified as "assault weapons" and would have to registered, surrendered, removed from the state, or destroyed. Even if registered, they could be possessed only on your own property, on private property with the owner's permission, or at a recognized shooting range.

There are gun owners commenting on Oregon Live that they will sign the petition and vote for the measure. They don't own black rifles and think the measure wouldn't affect them. They might be in for a rude surprise if they don't realize some of their "nice" guns have been classified as "assault weapons". If they don't register or get rid of them within 120 days of the measure going into effect they would be unknowingly be committing a felony.

Gun Owners better step in and make everyone aware of what is really going on. Maybe go to Oregon Live and let everyone know. We are gonna lose this battle if we don't all work together..ME, I am outta here if it passes. Arizona here I come,.

Gun Owners better step in and make everyone aware of what is really going on. Maybe go to Oregon Live and let everyone know. We are gonna lose this battle if we don't all work together..ME, I am outta here if it passes. Arizona here I come,.
Idaho for me. Fought this battle in Kalifornia and saw our "rights", flushed despite every organized effort to thwart the unassailable Dem majority in Sacramento. Retired here hoping the fog would stay in Frisco'...NAW!..You're right, as every time one of these measures has been floored it's passed with a few beyond egregious exceptions. Thinking no rational voting body would allow this is something like the head in the sand deal. It won't impact the outcome and the view never changes.

I am retired also. Paid our farm mortgage off. Thought we had it made. Wrong. We have to many idiots living here now. A thought I had. Wonder how much those guys got paid to write up that ballot measure and whom paid them..

Idaho for me. Fought this battle in Kalifornia and saw our "rights", flushed despite every organized effort to thwart the unassailable Dem majority in Sacramento. Retired here hoping the fog would stay in Frisco'...NAW!..You're right, as every time one of these measures has been floored it's passed with a few beyond egregious exceptions. Thinking no rational voting body would allow this is something like the head in the sand deal. It won't impact the outcome and the view never changes.

How long will Idaho be free? I drove back from SLC a few weeks ago and the growth in the Boise metro is jaw dropping. I's now almost solid from Micron at the east end to Nampa in the west. This urban belt will do to Idaho what Portland/Salem/Eugene have done to Oregon and Seattle through Olympia are doing to Washington. All you can buy is time.

(v) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor or forward pistol grip;

Oh ok. So only if the Barrel is capable of accepting a forward grip

See, you guys are fine. There are no pistols where the barrel itself as a picatinny rail on it.

It should be legal to punch someone in the nuts when they dont already know a pistol with a forward grip is a highly controlled firearm.

Oh ok. So only if the Barrel is capable of accepting a forward grip

See, you guys are fine. There are no pistols where the barrel itself as a picatinny rail on it.

It should be legal to punch someone in the nuts when they dont already know a pistol with a forward grip is a highly controlled firearm.

It's wording like that that will kill this piece of garbage. :)

It's wording like that that will kill this piece of garbage. :)
I certainly hope that ends up being the case. I also hope enough people
Who care about their rights vote this time around, and bring the winds of change to Salem...

Otherwise, it'll be the winds of war... Because you know the rabid electorate is salivating to enact laws like this, they owe it to Bloomberg and Soros...

How long will Idaho be free? I drove back from SLC a few weeks ago and the growth in the Boise metro is jaw dropping. I's now almost solid from Micron at the east end to Nampa in the west. This urban belt will do to Idaho what Portland/Salem/Eugene have done to Oregon and Seattle through Olympia are doing to Washington. All you can buy is time.
Good question. Wish I had the answer. What seems to be going on is the work put into training the upcoming generation by the left is,"paying off". And that may not be something we can change. Used to live in Nampa-Caldwell in the Seventies and always regretted leaving, but had heard that from other guys as well, about the metro areas around Boise and even northern parts of Idaho around Sand Point becoming more liberal-progressive. Still probably do one more bust out if this legislation passes and becomes law. Have to see when the dust settles.

Nowhere to run = stand and fight for your rights

Nowhere to run = stand and fight for your rights
No intention of running, don't think I won't stay for the fight.Have every intention of doing just that. As I said earlier, once the dust settles will take it from there. It's a numbers game now, getting folks to vote if this actually gets on the ballot. Believe they still need 88,000 signatures to get that done?. Is that correct?. Regardless, Idaho is still a solidly Republican state by who's in office now. At my age it would be a great place to "graduate" off the Mudball from. Just my op.

If people can't afford both an NRA and Oregon Firearm Federation (OFF) I highly recommend they join OFF. Kevin at OFF has his attorneys ready to file a lawsuit against the proposed ballot title then file another objection to the State Supreme Court under
Oregon, ORS 250.035. These suits cost money and the fact is OFF is alreadyband fully engaged on stopping IP43 from making it on the Nov ballot.
Been a member-supporter of OFF since moving to OR. Plan on continuing that for the forceable future. Seems to get more action going than the NRA although am still a life-patron member, seems Oregon's the NRA's unwanted stepchild. They're slow to act on our behalf from what I've seen. The local NRA rep is Steve Vreeland at [email protected] #208-936-7206. Will be contacting him tomorrow.Recommend any other members so inclined do the same.

Last Edited:
My tube-magazine bolt action old OLD .22 rifle is now an assault rifle under this bill.

Bolt-action rifles aren't affected, only semiautos.

I asked people on OregonLive which of these firearms would be banned as "assault weapons" under IP 43:

ruger-precision-rifle-18008-65-24-bbl-10rd-pmags.jpg
rfMWTll.jpg

a) the rifle
b) the pistol
c) both the rifle and the pistol
d) neither the rifle nor the pistol

Many people assumed the black scary-looking tactical rifle is an "assault weapon" of the type that would be banned. But the correct answer is b) the pistol (because it is semiauto and has a threaded barrel). The scary black rifle is a bolt-action Ruger Precision Rifle that would not be classified as an "assault weapon" and wouldn't be banned. But the little .22 pistol would be classified as an "assault weapon" and would be banned by IP 43.

Bolt-action rifles aren't affected, only semiautos.

I asked people on OregonLive which of these firearms would be banned as "assault weapons" under IP 43:

View attachment 456436
View attachment 456437

a) the rifle
b) the pistol
c) both the rifle and the pistol
d) neither the rifle nor the pistol

Many people assumed the black scary-looking tactical rifle is an "assault weapon" of the type that would be banned. But the correct answer is b) the pistol (because it is semiauto and has a threaded barrel). The scary black rifle is a bolt-action Ruger Precision Rifle that would not be classified as an "assault weapon" and wouldn't be banned. But the little .22 pistol would be classified as an "assault weapon" and would be banned by IP 43.

Neither. If it is not being used in an assault it is not an assault weapon. Don't ride on their crazy train. Do not use their verbage.

I certainly hope that ends up being the case. I also hope enough people
Who care about their rights vote this time around, and bring the winds of change to Salem...

Otherwise, it'll be the winds of war... Because you know the rabid electorate is salivating to enact laws like this, they owe it to Bloomberg and Soros...
I filed a complaint over the ballot title wording, with the Oregon Secretary of State; hope you-all do the same! I demanded the title be changed or the measure ruled invalid as written.

I filed a complaint over the ballot title wording, with the Oregon Secretary of State; hope you-all do the same! I demanded the title be changed or the measure ruled invalid as written.
Also submitted my complaint. Ask for honest titling, Semi Automatic Firearms Ban, Registration. Criminilazition of current owners as felons and prison time.

Kept it within the 15 word limit :rolleyes::eek::oops:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top