JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess none of the liberals are aware that a gun registry is against federal law, I guess that is just a small issue

Firearms Owners protection act of 1986:
No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

29572542_1828245507206073_8783077543391745861_n.jpg

I guess none of the liberals are aware that a gun registry is against federal law, I guess that is just a small issue

Firearms Owners protection act of 1986:
No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

No sure, but I doubt that Federal law can be imposed on the State; but this does help.

FACT: NO LAW ABIDING CITIZEN HAS EVER USED A " ASSAULT WEAPON " IN A CRIME.
(YES I REALIZE THERE IS NO SUCH THING ), BUT NO LAW ABIDING CITIZEN HAS EVER USED ONE COMMITTING A CRIME.

If you look at every damn shooting there were laws broken not including the actual shooting that's how stupid a ballot measure like this is, all these shooters broke laws that had they been enforced would have stopped these crimes.

In Washington for Pistols a Department of Licensing form must be filled out containing: Buyers Name, Addy, Make, Model, Caliber, Serial# and sent to DOL, supposedly for 6 years and I think in Oregon it's to the State Police for 5 years..

So, for anyone to say there isn't some form of registration already traking place is just not happening.

FACT: NO LAW ABIDING CITIZEN HAS EVER USED A " ASSAULT WEAPON " IN A CRIME.
(YES I REALIZE THERE IS NO SUCH THING ), BUT NO LAW ABIDING CITIZEN HAS EVER USED ONE COMMITTING A CRIME.

If you look at every damn shooting there were laws broken not including the actual shooting that's how stupid a ballot measure like this is, all these shooters broke laws that had they been enforced would have stopped these crimes.

There are only two recorded murders committed with legal full auto weapons and both were law enforcement officers and they used their department issued M-16's.
One guy killed his cheating wife and another guy killed his neighbor over a barking dog.

Did not realize this forum is mostly full of feel good posts. Lots of tough talk but nobody who will actually get off their butts and fight back.

If Initiative 43 passes you have nobody but yourselves to blame.

Just know the anti-gunners are mobilized. Hell just 50 people collected over 3400 sponsorship signatures for Initiative 43. Yet here we seat. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not realize this forum is mostly full of feel good posts. Lots of tough talk but nobody who will actually get off their butts and actually get involved to fight back.

If Initiative 43 passes you have nobody but yourselves to blame.

Just know the anti-gunners are mobilized. Hell just 50 people collected over 3400 sponsorship signatures for Initiative 43. Yet here we seat. :mad:

50 people at an anti-civil rights protest managed 3400. That's not very good for them if you look at their timeline and how many signatures they have to get. Good luck getting 1/3 of those signatures with 1/3 of the people on a monday-thursday standing outside Fred Meyer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestions ( Mini Rant ) for helping this Ballot Proposal. ( not Pass or even get on the ballot)
  1. Tell everyone you know, my son didnt know and his boss owns a gun shop and didnt know. Don't assume everyone is aware if even a gun shop didnt.
  2. Ask all firearms leaders even this forum to organize with other groups to have one huge massive " Civil Rights Protest "
  3. Stop talking about the rifles you own on forums that could be banned this only gives antis cannon fodder.
And by God will everyone stop saying GUN RALLY. You have a Constitutional Right to Bear Arms. That is your Civil Right Call it what it is... so tired of Gun Rally this and that.
I am not worried about losing guns as much as WE should be worried about losing your civil rights.

Rant Over !!:s0146:

<broken link removed>

IP-43 is not using paid signature collectors. I'd suggest reading about oregon ballot initiatives and the procedural guidelines, as well as IP-43 petitioner's signature collection time frame. Obviously IP-43 is serious but this idea that we are doomed to fail is based emotions and not reality.

I already knew they are not using paid signature collectors given the fact I read their initiative application.

I also read the entire oregon ballot intiative procedures and guidelines and spoke several times with the Oregon Elections Division Administer for State Initiatives. With all due respect I am confident I know more about the process and procedures than you. A lot more. How do you think I was able to list the Initiative qualification steps and timeline? Duh.

As far your comment, "doomed to fail is based emotions and not reality". It's not emotion, it's based on data. I attended a few of their organizing meetings, strategy sessions and their intiative kick off meeting last Thursday to understand what they are up to, their organization, and their ability to get the required signatures.

Not only are they well organized and well funded they have support from many anti-gun organizations. They have a deployment plan that will put 1000+ signature volunteers on the ground once the Election Division authorizes their signature gathering. Like I said, they gathered 3400+ signatures in just two days with only 50 volunteers just think how many signatures they will gather with a 1000 volunteers statewide, hint they plan to mobilize a vast army of college students. You got to admire their strategy to keep the face of young people out if front.

And given the anti-gun climate and the motivation of the liberals in this state unless we are able to delay the process they will get it on the ballot and reality is they will get a majority of the vote to pass their ban. That's not emotion its based on today's Oregon political reality.

Last Edited:
I already knew they are not using paid signature collectors given the fact I read their initiative application.

I also read the entire oregon ballot intiative procedures and guidelines and spoke several times with the Oregon Elections Division Administer for State Initiatives. With all due respect I am confident I know more about the process and procedures than you. A lot more. How do you think I was able to list the Initiative qualification steps and timeline? Duh.

As far your comment, "doomed to fail is based emotions and not reality". It's not emotion, it's based on data. I attended a few of their organizing meetings, strategy sessions and their intiative kick off meeting last Thursday to understand what they are up to, their organization, and their ability to get the required signatures.

Not only are they well organized and well funded they have support from many anti-gun organizations. They have a deployment plan that will put 1000+ signature volunteers on the ground once the Election Division authorizes their signature gathering. Like I said, they gathered 3400+ signatures in just two days with only 50 volunteers just think how many signatures they will gather with a 1000 volunteers. And given the anti-gun climinate and the motivation of the liberals in this state unless we are able to delay the process they will get it on the ballot and reality is they will get a majority of the vote to pass their ban. That's not emotion its based on today Oregon political reality.

They stated they are not using paid signature gatherers in the first application. did they lie or change it ?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top