JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eventually, a line in the sand will need to be drawn...
Line should have been drawn long, long ago. It truly is give 'em an inch, they take a mile. There is no compromises when dealing with greedy and irrational adversaries. They have the vampires' hunger. It's never enough and they cannot be satiated.

I've gotten several guys into the hobby that way. Sure, buying a gun is fine, but building one makes it a personal experience.
...and then they learn all about accessories. Hooked!

To me, the elephant in the room, is that gun owners, especially those with strong 2A views, are increasingly a minority, and this will just get worse.

One of the main reasons is the increasing urbanization of the USA.

urbanization-in-the-united-states.png

Urbanization in the United States - Wikipedia

There is no stopping this. It has been happening since the industrial revolution, and population growth is fueling it.

With the urbanization comes a change in attitudes from mixing with the urban culture, and living in the urban environment. A definite shift to the left and against guns.

FT_17.07.05_urbanRuralGuns_household.png FT_17.07.05_urbanRuralGuns_growingUp.png
FT_17.07.05_urbanRuralGuns_views.png

And that is among gun owners. It is even worse with non-gun owners. And it will continue to get worse.

Surveys and graphs are only as accurate as they are sampled. I would suspect in my rural area gun ownership by household is well over 90%. I don't disagree that the US is becoming more urbanized. But I can tell you that as I get older I'm finding more people getting vocal about their freedoms because they recognise that they're starting to lose them. I think if we turned off the news and actually talked to our neighbors we'd find that the common-sensers are still a (very shrill) minority. It's my experience that most non- gunowners are pretty indifferent and usually only vote anti-2A when the issue before them is misrepresented. If we could frame the argument/debate as a freedom issue they would be much more likely to come out on our side. Unfortunately the opposition is great at controlling the language and has no problem with outright lies -- and they have the media. Simply inserting scary sounding buzz words into news stories has a profound impact. Even using innocuous terms in a sinister fashion is a tactic. Seriously, how does a barrel shroud make anything more deadly? But if it gets enunciated with boogyman eyes in front of a news camera, somehow it becomes a dangerous and restricted feature. The deck is stacked. Antis aren't stupid, they're power hungry liars and the 90% of the citizens in the middle just don't seem to know any better.

Certainly voters can and will vote to protect a minority.

But we face an uphill struggle because of how the issue is framed. Most people believe that you have the right to your religious views, and people are coming around on other minority issues.

But when it comes to guns, the issue is framed as "gun violence"/et. al. and most people give little thought to and understand even less what the purpose and history is behind the Second Amendment. Even the NRA does not really seem to understand or maybe does not care.

Add to that the fact that as a percentage, gun owners are decreasing - ditto with those who support gun rights. Conversely, the percentage of people who don't care, or worse, who oppose, is increasing.

On top of that, we have no (or very few) real friends in DC - at least not who really believe in and understand the Second Amendment on principle and not just political expediency (as a means to stay in power or be elected). Most politicians who currently profess to support our rights will gladly throw us under the bus if they think it is necessary to do so.

i haven't seen this posted here yet. if it is, sorry in advance.

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...D1B1D722D5C4AEDAEBB6276AB36.awb-bill-text.pdf

We can she-dawg all we want, but we all know something wicked WILL be coming this way sooner rather than later. By all means call in, write in make your voice heard. But in the end you'd better have all you think you'll need because they will pass a ban and I suspect it will be bigger and badder than any before it. I do not expect the repubes to keep control of anything. Once they lose congress it will begin. The next POTUS will be a demo then all bets are off. We will all look back on this 2-3 year respite with longing.
Laugh all you want but I've been buying 80% receivers, parts, jigs every week for the last year with more coming. I can now build AR's, AK's, HK 91series, 93's, 94's SP-89/MP5 series, FN-FAL's, 1911's and just because they are so damn popular, Glocks. I have all the forming, welding, blasting and finishing equipment. I can cast and swage lead and jacketed bullets for every calibre I own and many I don't. I buy brass for my .mil calibre weapons by 1,000 pound lots from government surplus.

I suggest everyone make haste for the storm clouds are not that far off.

We can she-dawg all we want, but we all know something wicked WILL be coming this way sooner rather than later. By all means call in, write in make your voice heard. But in the end you'd better have all you think you'll need because they will pass a ban and I suspect it will be bigger and badder than any before it. I do not expect the repubes to keep control of anything. Once they lose congress it will begin. The next POTUS will be a demo then all bets are off. We will all look back on this 2-3 year respite with longing.
Laugh all you want but I've been buying 80% receivers, parts, jigs every week for the last year with more coming. I can now build AR's, AK's, HK 91series, 93's, 94's SP-89/MP5 series, FN-FAL's, 1911's and just because they are so damn popular, Glocks. I have all the forming, welding, blasting and finishing equipment. I can cast and swage lead and jacketed bullets for every calibre I own and many I don't. I buy brass for my .mil calibre weapons by 1,000 pound lots from government surplus.

I suggest everyone make haste for the storm clouds are not that far off.

Not laughing at all, give them time, they'll continue to chip away at our rights, and eventually, it could very easily happen. I've lived a great life, in every respect, its not going to be very nice in the near future. But, as long as people continue to vote the liberal ticket, its going to be a one way ride. No doubt its gaining momentum.

I believe the best arena to concentrate our efforts is the judicial branch.

Second is education and bringing others into the shooting sports.

Third is politics.
You could be Andy's and Stomper's "cloak and dagger" advisor when they run for governor in their respective states.

Not laughing at all, give them time, they'll continue to chip away at our rights, and eventually, it could very easily happen. I've lived a great life, in every respect, its not going to be very nice in the near future. But, as long as people continue to vote the liberal ticket, its going to be a one way ride. No doubt its gaining momentum.
Then how did we elect Trumph after 8 years of the most criminally insane executive branch in history. The Democrats are at there lowest power posisition they have been in since after Lincoln (do you remember they tried to assassinate him from before his inauguration until they finally succeeded) . You guys that are immersed in the west coast septic tank have to see what is going on in the rest of the country and join the stampede to destroy the left wing sycophants wherever we find them. They are going crazy right now......it just illustrates we are being effective.

Then how did we elect Trumph after 8 years of the most criminally insane executive branch in history. The Democrats are at there lowest power posisition they have been in since after Lincoln (do you remember they tried to assassinate him from before his inauguration until they finally succeeded) . You guys that are immersed in the west coast septic tank have to see what is going on in the rest of the country and join the stampede to destroy the left wing sycophants wherever we find them. They are going crazy right now......it just illustrates we are being effective.
The democrat stranglehold on the west coast needs to be broken. The most effective way to do that, in my opinion is: a) mandatory campaign finance reform, for every candidate; b) an DOJ RICO investigation into the goings on in Olympia, Salem and Sacramento.

My instincts tell me that the Oregon state capital would find itself pretty vacant if such an investigation were initiated and brought to its logical conclusion. I suspect similar results in Washington State and Kalifornia...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top