JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Come on out and shoot some cool stuff!

APRC%202014%20flyer-L.jpg

Looks like fun. How do you shoot? Pay per mag? Are there silencer demos/comparisons?

Yep, cost to shoot is per mag. It would be nice if a dealer was there with just demo silencers, but the best I've seen was when they limit shooting to suppressed weapons only for an hour.

Actually, I think a separate event for people to demo cans would be a good idea to repeat as I think it has happened in the past.

Anyway, it's great event and a really cheap way to get to shoot a variety of FA firearms. And the waiting time is much shorter too.

I plan on taking my son, that Saturday he turns 13. I think that will be a birthday to remember. Anybody recall how much to shoot a weapon?

I plan on taking my son, that Saturday he turns 13. I think that will be a birthday to remember. Anybody recall how much to shoot a weapon?
It will really depend on the weapon. My son and his friend shot a Barret .50 cal last year for $10 a round. That's a gun he will remember shooting. Most of the FA guns were $20 to $30 to run a mag thru them. There were some belt fed guns that could end up costing you quite a bit.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Same weekend as the USPSA Area 1 Championship match. Poop. Absolute blast of an
event. I can't get the silly grin off of my face for days after.

Does anyone have normal bolt action rifles people can shoot? I've been thinking about a bolt action .308 for a long time, but I'd like to shoot one before I buy.

Edit: What are the rules on bringing in a small back pack?

Last Edited:
Does anyone have normal bolt action rifles people can shoot? I've been thinking about a bolt action .308 for a long time, but I'd like to shoot one before I buy.
The only bolt action rifle I remember last year was the .50 Barret sniper rifle. There might have been a few others to demo suppressors, but that really isn't the focus of the event.

Edit: What are the rules on bringing in a small back pack?
Bring it.

I wish they would have a shoot like it used to be where the line was first come first serve instead of all dealers with rentals.....

I wish it used to be like the old days and have competition shoots with trophies and bragging rights. Like in the 90's. Now it is just a money grab free for all fun shoot. If that is your thing than cool have fun. I like to be competitive when I shoot unless I am just test firing something I built. It used to be really fun to go througfh all there courses of fire.

The only bolt action rifle I remember last year was the .50 Barret sniper rifle. There might have been a few others to demo suppressors, but that really isn't the focus of the event.

Bring it.

Ok. It was probably a crazy thought on my part to think someone might have a bolt action .308. I have no opportunity to shoot one before I buy, and I won't buy one unless I get to shoot one first. I want something that isn't too recoil heavy. I want it to be fun to shoot, so unless I can find one to shoot, I'll probably end up with a .243 or nothing.

I figured small day packs were ok, but I wanted to make sure.

Just wondering for you guys who have been there. Are there any food vendors there?, or is it pack a lunch. Trying to be prepared and not leave to get some grub.

I went years ago,and at that shoot cameras were kind of frowned upon. I did make sure to ask 1st.
Has that changed with the advent of cell phone cameras ? I mean,cameras are everywhere these days,and maybe more acceptable ?

I remember there being some sort of food like you would find at a gun show.
Just don't forget the hearing protection.
My daughter and I were all set to enter, and then my wife decided at the last minute to join us.
I had to give up my Peltor ear muffs, and only use foam plugs.
There was a guy there last year with a full auto .308 rifle that sports a 2-1/2" barrel, and boy does that thing bark.

Last Edited:
People are cool with cameras, but I would stick with taking photos of the person you know shooting, or the firearms themselves. If you don't know the person shooting, courtesy suggests that you ask permission first.

I took photos/video of my son shooting last year with no issues.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top