JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates

Upcoming Dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has passed and there are no upcoming dates
Went Sunday and took my youngest son (12yrs). He brought an old sword that I've had so long I don't know where I got it. It ended up getting a ton of attention, even found out it was from WWI. He had several offers but refused to sell it as he is quickly becoming a history buff. My 1911 has alway been a tad too large for him and of course he finds an old Llama Mini/micro max in 380, it's a perfect scale model of my 1911. I really didn't have a choice, so now he has a new favorite shooter. He went through about half a box of ammo when we got back home breaking it in. Truly one of the best shows in OR, but I did get the best parking spot I've ever had so that says something about attendance.

Went Sunday and took my youngest son (12yrs). He brought an old sword that I've had so long I don't know where I got it. It ended up getting a ton of attention, even found out it was from WWI. He had several offers but refused to sell it as he is quickly becoming a history buff. My 1911 has alway been a tad too large for him and of course he finds an old Llama Mini/micro max in 380, it's a perfect scale model of my 1911. I really didn't have a choice, so now he has a new favorite shooter. He went through about half a box of ammo when we got back home breaking it in. Truly one of the best shows in OR, but I did get the best parking spot I've ever had so that says something about attendance.
I almost went back on Sunday and bought a 94 trapper that I really wanted....still kicking myself

We went Saturday. Were kind of late at about 9:20. When I pulled into the lot I though there was a mistake and there was no show! First time at the fall show. I wish I'd looked at this thread so I could have met some members at their table that I only know from here on the board.

We had nothing to by. Don't need anything, Don't know what I might want, don't have room for any more guns at the time. Need to look at everything though.
Nest time, look to your left when you walk in the door till you spot a gray bowler. Stop by and say hi.
I eye-balled that blade but didn't take a close look. Too many others doing that and I didn't want to get into a deal on something like that not knowing that much about them. Good that he took it home.

Nest time, look to your left when you walk in the door till you spot a gray bowler. Stop by and say hi.

I eye-balled that blade but didn't take a close look. Too many others doing that and I didn't want to get into a deal on something like that not knowing that much about them. Good that he took it home.
Oh, it wasn't for sale. He was just looking for information on it, as he enjoys history. There may still be hope for this generation yet but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll stop bye next time and say hello.

I was there Saturday; it's always a good show. I just finished up my two-month-long home repair project that had been consuming my every non-working or sleeping hour, and it was good to get out of town for a few hours. Well, not totally finished, but finished with the outside part just in time for the rain.

I've been in a bit of a funk lately due to expensive home repairs among other things, and it was odd to wander the show looking at things, and realize that I really had no interest in buying anything. There was a lot of good stuff there, just nothing that I needed or even wanted.

I did have an odd incident with a vendor, still don't know quite what to think about it. I've been going to gun shows for a very long time, and I think I'm pretty well versed on gun show etiquette. This one had me scratching my head a little.

I bought several boxes of ammo from a vendor, and his table helper offered me a very small price break since I was buying so many. I handed him the money, but he had to wait for the vendor to make change. When the helper told him how much change and for what ammo, he said absolutely not, that's the best deal in the show for hard to find ammo, and he stood there berating me about it nonstop for a couple minutes. I tried to interject that I hadn't even asked for a break, it was freely offered, but he was too busy berating me to listen. The table helper just stood there looking embarrassed and apologetic. I'd have turned and walked away except he had my money.

I just waited until he was done ranting, smiled and paid full price, then walked away. 1. I wanted the ammo, and was fine with the price. 2. I felt bad for the table helper, he seemed like an otherwise nice guy. 3. I don't think the vendor is a bad guy, and I might want to buy something from him again in the future. He's a longtime regular vendor who I've seen at the shows for decades. I haven't often bought much from him because I always thought he had a bit of an abrasive personality. Yeah, a little bit. :)

I'm being a little vague because I suspect that all the gun show regulars here could figure out exactly who I'm talking about. It was an odd experience. Funny thing is, I'm really not upset at all, actually slightly amused.

On, and no it's not any of the guys on this thread. I think I've met all of them at one point or another and they're all good guys. Sorry I didn't stop and say hi this time BanjoGeek. Every time I walked by you I think you were busy with a customer. Next time I'll say hi!

I was there Saturday; it's always a good show. I just finished up my two-month-long home repair project that had been consuming my every non-working or sleeping hour, and it was good to get out of town for a few hours. Well, not totally finished, but finished with the outside part just in time for the rain.

I've been in a bit of a funk lately due to expensive home repairs among other things, and it was odd to wander the show looking at things, and realize that I really had no interest in buying anything. There was a lot of good stuff there, just nothing that I needed or even wanted.

I did have an odd incident with a vendor, still don't know quite what to think about it. I've been going to gun shows for a very long time, and I think I'm pretty well versed on gun show etiquette. This one had me scratching my head a little.

I bought several boxes of ammo from a vendor, and his table helper offered me a very small price break since I was buying so many. I handed him the money, but he had to wait for the vendor to make change. When the helper told him how much change and for what ammo, he said absolutely not, that's the best deal in the show for hard to find ammo, and he stood there berating me about it nonstop for a couple minutes. I tried to interject that I hadn't even asked for a break, it was freely offered, but he was too busy berating me to listen. The table helper just stood there looking embarrassed and apologetic. I'd have turned and walked away except he had my money.

I just waited until he was done ranting, smiled and paid full price, then walked away. 1. I wanted the ammo, and was fine with the price. 2. I felt bad for the table helper, he seemed like an otherwise nice guy. 3. I don't think the vendor is a bad guy, and I might want to buy something from him again in the future. He's a longtime regular vendor who I've seen at the shows for decades. I haven't often bought much from him because I always thought he had a bit of an abrasive personality. Yeah, a little bit. :)

I'm being a little vague because I suspect that all the gun show regulars here could figure out exactly who I'm talking about. It was an odd experience. Funny thing is, I'm really not upset at all, actually slightly amused.

On, and no it's not any of the guys on this thread. I think I've met all of them at one point or another and they're all good guys. Sorry I didn't stop and say hi this time BanjoGeek. Every time I walked by you I think you were busy with a customer. Next time I'll say hi!
Looking forward to it. That show is something of a reunion for me as I know a lot of people there having lived there for decades. Always one big social circle and I turn a trick or two now and then.

I went to the show both days bought a bunch of ammo and some magazines at a good price
sold one rifle I did not want anymore to a dealer and then had two of my
guns on display at the McCluskey gunsmith booth

IMG_5007.jpeg IMG_5056.jpeg

If the guy arguing with you has a beard and has a brooklyn accent, that's my uncle Louie. Ignore it, its just banter and that is the way he is.

Grow some thick skin my friend or you wouldn't survive in New York and consider it part of the show.

Louie was the only one at the show with .45 Long Colt ammo cowboy ammo and he had boxes of 7mm magnum along with Hungarian 8x56mm for the Steyr m95s.
Some old guy passed the table and he was happy as a clam finding factory 45 LC that he gave my uncle the 100 dollar bill so fast that he forgot his change.

Had to hunt for the old guy to his ranch truck and my uncle decided to give him another box of it or he can have his change.

After finding him in the parking lot at the front, the old guy was amused that I caught up to him and he said, "oh yeah, I forgot!, sure I will take another box for the same price!"
turns out the guy was 96 years old!! and he was still driving!!!

WHAT THE HELL?? I want to still be driving at 96! :s0048::s0048::s0048::s0048::s0048::s0048::s0048:

Last Edited:
yeah but the full price includes a free berating and long winded kvetch from an old Italian from Brooklyn. That's part of the price of admission.

The full price includes him stabbing me with a fake rubber knife and me giving an Indian death howl for the show.
DAM! I Missed That! 🤣

Like I said, I didn't quite know how to take it, but as I left I was not upset or offended, just amused.

It's not a "thin skin" issue, but rather a cultural one. I've never lived in New York, nor would I ever want to live in New York, so I just didn't know how to take it. What surprised me is the fact that in most places, a deal is a deal. I didn't ask for a price break, but was given one and paid my money in good faith. The boss reneged on his employee's bargain, and chewed me out for a deal that I never even asked for.

The funny thing is, I walked away chuckling to myself, thinking I should be pissed and wondering why I wasn't. It was such a small amount that it really didn't matter, and yeah, he really is quite the character. I wondered if he's the type of guy that comes off as abrasive, but is actually likable once you get to know him. I have friends like that.

Was I supposed to pay more for the berating? Sorry, I didn't know. I suppose I could have left a tip... :D

Like I said, I didn't quite know how to take it, but as I left I was not upset or offended, just amused.

It's not a "thin skin" issue, but rather a cultural one. I've never lived in New York, nor would I ever want to live in New York, so I just didn't know how to take it. What surprised me is the fact that in most places, a deal is a deal. I didn't ask for a price break, but was given one and paid my money in good faith. The boss reneged on his employee's bargain, and chewed me out for a deal that I never even asked for.

The funny thing is, I walked away chuckling to myself, thinking I should be pissed and wondering why I wasn't. It was such a small amount that it really didn't matter, and yeah, he really is quite the character. I wondered if he's the type of guy that comes off as abrasive, but is actually likable once you get to know him. I have friends like that.

Was I supposed to pay more for the berating? Sorry, I didn't know. I suppose I could have left a tip... :D
hmm stabbing me with the fake rubber knife is part of the show.

He is a good dude in the end, just 80 years old and kinda banters about stuff.

In the end, yeah, that's his forte and sunday was a slow day.

The other guy used to co own a cigar shop in Portland and also an antique store before the BLM and covid shut it down.

We had a guy on here give him an uno card, that made him laugh.

20230304_091436 (1).jpg

Last Edited:
hmm stabbing me with the fake rubber knife is part of the show.

He is a good dude in the end, just 80 years old and kinda banters about stuff.

In the end, yeah, that's his forte and sunday was a slow day.

The other guy used to co own a cigar shop in Portland and also an antique store before the BLM and covid shut it down.

We had a guy on here give him an uno card, that made him laugh.

View attachment 1553539
Thank you for the explanation. I was a bit confused is all, didn't know quite how to take it. I'm glad I didn't get offended. I think now I understand why I was amused instead. He's doing pretty good for 80! Next time I see him at a show, I'll be sure to buy some more old ammo from him.

I think I might know who you are. If you usually have your own table there, I think I've bought stuff from you before.

Thank you for the explanation. I was a bit confused is all, didn't know quite how to take it. I'm glad I didn't get offended. I think now I understand why I was amused instead. He's doing pretty good for 80! Next time I see him at a show, I'll be sure to buy some more old ammo from him.

I think I might know who you are. If you usually have your own table there, I think I've bought stuff from you before.
thank you for doing that. Yeah, we usually have Mosin stripper clips, and other nic nac items including FALs, AKs, etc.

But I am usually at the shows helping these two egg heads.

A fun fact about Louie and if you see him ask him about the Red Dawn Egyptian Aks.

He was the one that supplied all of the AKs used in the original Red Dawn movie. Also did the conversion and delivered it.

it's quite historical.

thank you for doing that. Yeah, we usually have Mosin stripper clips, and other nic nac items including FALs, AKs, etc.
That's what I thought, yeah I've bought a lot of odds and ends from you over the years. I bought a nice M1 stock set from you a while back. You've always treated me fairly and I appreciate it.

Fascinating about the Red Dawn thing. I was a kid when that came out, remember it well. Was that where he got the flag that he's so proud of?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top