JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Come on out and shoot some cool stuff!

APRC%202014%20flyer-L.jpg

Looks like fun. How do you shoot? Pay per mag? Are there silencer demos/comparisons?

Yep, cost to shoot is per mag. It would be nice if a dealer was there with just demo silencers, but the best I've seen was when they limit shooting to suppressed weapons only for an hour.

Actually, I think a separate event for people to demo cans would be a good idea to repeat as I think it has happened in the past.

Anyway, it's great event and a really cheap way to get to shoot a variety of FA firearms. And the waiting time is much shorter too.

I plan on taking my son, that Saturday he turns 13. I think that will be a birthday to remember. Anybody recall how much to shoot a weapon?

I plan on taking my son, that Saturday he turns 13. I think that will be a birthday to remember. Anybody recall how much to shoot a weapon?
It will really depend on the weapon. My son and his friend shot a Barret .50 cal last year for $10 a round. That's a gun he will remember shooting. Most of the FA guns were $20 to $30 to run a mag thru them. There were some belt fed guns that could end up costing you quite a bit.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Same weekend as the USPSA Area 1 Championship match. Poop. Absolute blast of an
event. I can't get the silly grin off of my face for days after.

Does anyone have normal bolt action rifles people can shoot? I've been thinking about a bolt action .308 for a long time, but I'd like to shoot one before I buy.

Edit: What are the rules on bringing in a small back pack?

Last Edited:
Does anyone have normal bolt action rifles people can shoot? I've been thinking about a bolt action .308 for a long time, but I'd like to shoot one before I buy.
The only bolt action rifle I remember last year was the .50 Barret sniper rifle. There might have been a few others to demo suppressors, but that really isn't the focus of the event.

Edit: What are the rules on bringing in a small back pack?
Bring it.

I wish they would have a shoot like it used to be where the line was first come first serve instead of all dealers with rentals.....

I wish it used to be like the old days and have competition shoots with trophies and bragging rights. Like in the 90's. Now it is just a money grab free for all fun shoot. If that is your thing than cool have fun. I like to be competitive when I shoot unless I am just test firing something I built. It used to be really fun to go througfh all there courses of fire.

The only bolt action rifle I remember last year was the .50 Barret sniper rifle. There might have been a few others to demo suppressors, but that really isn't the focus of the event.

Bring it.

Ok. It was probably a crazy thought on my part to think someone might have a bolt action .308. I have no opportunity to shoot one before I buy, and I won't buy one unless I get to shoot one first. I want something that isn't too recoil heavy. I want it to be fun to shoot, so unless I can find one to shoot, I'll probably end up with a .243 or nothing.

I figured small day packs were ok, but I wanted to make sure.

Just wondering for you guys who have been there. Are there any food vendors there?, or is it pack a lunch. Trying to be prepared and not leave to get some grub.

I went years ago,and at that shoot cameras were kind of frowned upon. I did make sure to ask 1st.
Has that changed with the advent of cell phone cameras ? I mean,cameras are everywhere these days,and maybe more acceptable ?

I remember there being some sort of food like you would find at a gun show.
Just don't forget the hearing protection.
My daughter and I were all set to enter, and then my wife decided at the last minute to join us.
I had to give up my Peltor ear muffs, and only use foam plugs.
There was a guy there last year with a full auto .308 rifle that sports a 2-1/2" barrel, and boy does that thing bark.

Last Edited:
People are cool with cameras, but I would stick with taking photos of the person you know shooting, or the firearms themselves. If you don't know the person shooting, courtesy suggests that you ask permission first.

I took photos/video of my son shooting last year with no issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top