JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ahh the Lawyers need money too, at least they exist otherwise 3M wouldn't pay bubblegum. 3M has been running real dirty, bubbleguming over people in the military and the whole Covid mask ordeal.... Dirt bags

What?

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 11.55.55 PM.png

I served thirty-three years without getting issued with JS by way of hearing protection. I'm not grousing, just saying.

And yes, I'm pretty much deaf. Just like most vets of my age. Two rolled-up pieces of 4x2 cleaning patch was it - if you were on a range. That was it.

The lawsuit is frivolous and dumb. Did 3M intentionally distribute faulty and ineffective gear or were their efforts in good faith and they just had a crap product?

That being said - Uncle Sam should be taking care of vets whose hearing is irreparably damaged...hearing aids, surgeries, sign language classes, vocational training...

For some reason as I approached age 65 I requested my discharge physical and saw it said that I had hearing loss and Tinnitus so I requested a disability based on that. It took some time and I had to go to their doctor for a hearing test but they awarded me a 10% disability.

The lawsuit is frivolous and dumb. Did 3M intentionally distribute faulty and ineffective gear or were their efforts in good faith and they just had a crap product?

That being said - Uncle Sam should be taking care of vets whose hearing is irreparably damaged...hearing aids, surgeries, sign language classes, vocational training...
You think a bunch of Vets getting boned by 3M and the Government is not lawsuit worthy? interesting take. It was shown that 3M knew, and still distributed them. They test their products before they go out to meet standards osha etc... 3M had to know, they have made non faulty plugs before, after, and during that, saved some money on the government contract and probably charged double the regular cost. And who is Uncle Sam do you mean the Tax Payer, the Tax payer should fix the problem that 3M got paid for and made.

We never got issued hearing protection, you did what you could with what you could find! Cig butts worked some, 9mm rounds worked a little better, and when flying, we had pretty good head sets, but that was only as long as you remained in the aircraft! I'm almost totally deaf in my right ear, and down about 40% in my left, despite those head sets! Wasn't anything I could do about it, and I just deal with it! The V.A refuses hearing aids, but the state backed me up and covered me, so I got one really good aid that seems to work well enough! I don't see how 3M should be liable here, it's not like ear plugs are that effective for military type use, they just barely work for industrial work as it is! Loud explosions, gun fire, loud aircraft or other machines, it all adds up!

We never got issued hearing protection, you did what you could with what you could find! Cig butts worked some, 9mm rounds worked a little better, and when flying, we had pretty good head sets, but that was only as long as you remained in the aircraft! I'm almost totally deaf in my right ear, and down about 40% in my left, despite those head sets! Wasn't anything I could do about it, and I just deal with it! The V.A refuses hearing aids, but the state backed me up and covered me, so I got one really good aid that seems to work well enough! I don't see how 3M should be liable here, it's not like ear plugs are that effective for military type use, they just barely work for industrial work as it is! Loud explosions, gun fire, loud aircraft or other machines, it all adds up!
they sold a product they said provided a level of protection it didn't and then lied about it. Earplugs are very effective against the things you listed... the vibration of these events is what also kills your hearing its not just the loud noise.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top