JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to pick up a Gen 5 GLOCK 19 and saw this ad...ARMSLIST - For Sale: Glock 19 Gen 5 W NS

Is this because no background check is required for a CPL holder and the seller doesn't want to bother with an FFL? From what I read this applies only for when the seller is a dealer. But this also makes no sense since the transfer would have to be done at an FFL anyway and why would the seller care if the buyer gets a background check done at that time?

What a crappy setup, practically designed to artificially slow down a purchase. So basically the local cops think the NICS check is somehow insufficient. I wonder how they justify that.

What a crappy setup, practically designed to artificially slow down a purchase. So basically the local cops think the NICS check is somehow insufficient. I wonder how they justify that.

In WA, its state law for pistol purchases. Police have nothing to do with it besides being ordered to complete the check. The same check occurs with a CPL application. The rationale is if you have a CPL, the check has been already been done and you can take the gun home the same day.

In WA, its state law for pistol purchases. Police have nothing to do with it besides being ordered to complete the check. The same check occurs with a CPL application. The rationale is if you have a CPL, the check has been already been done and you can take the gun home the same day.

ok, that makes some sense. Thanks.

Looking to pick up a Gen 5 GLOCK 19 and saw this ad...ARMSLIST - For Sale: Glock 19 Gen 5 W NS

Is this because no background check is required for a CPL holder and the seller doesn't want to bother with an FFL? From what I read this applies only for when the seller is a dealer. But this also makes no sense since the transfer would have to be done at an FFL anyway and why would the seller care if the buyer gets a background check done at that time?

No, a background is required in Oregon for all sales, excluding ones between family members. What that person is saying, without saying it, is that they'll sell privately with no background check, which is illegal in Oregon, but CHL holders are all "good guys," and the seller doesn't want to bother following the (admittedly unjust) law.

No, a background is required in Oregon for all sales, excluding ones between family members. What that person is saying, without saying it, is that they'll sell privately with no background check, which is illegal in Oregon, but CHL holders are all "good guys," and the seller doesn't want to bother following the (admittedly unjust) law.

No, this is for an ad in Washington so your assumption is off here.

A Seller has the Right to put any "restrictions" he/she wants to in the ad. It might help but it's certainly Nothing to complain about. Unless that's all you can find to do with your life.

Yea, the seller would have to drive into OR and sell it at an FFL.

Long guns you can buy in another state at an FFL (assuming WA and OR only).
This. Ive done dealings with Washington NWFA members multiple times and for handguns, we just had to meet at an OR ffl. Rifle deals can be done in either state i just bought a couple hand guns within the last 3 weeks from a WA resident and all was good.

Sounds like States and their mazes of differing and/or overlapping and/or confusing/contradicting laws are working as planned....
.... nobody can seem to agree now on what's what, here or there, confusion reigns supreme o_O

Sounds like States and their mazes of differing and/or overlapping and/or confusing/contradicting laws are working as planned....
.... nobody can seem to agree now on what's what, here or there, confusion reigns supreme o_O
We (WA) have had the extra check for handguns for as long as I can remember. For my life it's just always been that way. When the Federal required check for all guns went in the "logical" thing to have done would be WA just get rid of the one we had for handguns. It of course did not happen for a few reasons. One being most law makers have zero knowledge of what laws actually say. If the legislature had tried to do away with the decades old law here the media would have a lot of fun. The press here would run stories about the lawmakers trying to make it easier for the "wrong people " to have hand guns. This would of course be bunk but, as soon as a few lefties made the claim the media would run with it as fact. It would never make it through the legislature. It is why I have always told people here wanting to buy a handgun to just get their CPL. Even if they don't want to carry it's just easier. The reason the seller on Arms List said that in his ad was as the LEO here said. The seller does not want to waste his time heading to FFL with buyer who can't actually buy the gun. It's a PITA to do this with someone who does not have a CPL for just this reason. The buyer can't just buy the hand gun and walk away with it without the CPL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top