JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been to ORW a total of once, because it's quite a ways out of my way. Great people working there but they deal mainly in black and plastic. My gun variety covers a more diverse gun type and even includes wood stocks (poking fun at myself here). Not a slant towards ORW but they are pretty much geared towards the typical "Operator gun owner" which is definitely not me. I know if I need something for my AR or plastic pistols they will have it, and that's a good thing as those guns get the lions share of wear and tear. I don't think any single gun shop would keep
everyone satisfied long term, that is why variety is needed.

I've been to ORW a total of once, because it's quite a ways out of my way. Great people working there but they deal mainly in black and plastic. My gun variety covers a more diverse gun type and even includes wood stocks (poking fun at myself here). Not a slant towards ORW but they are pretty much geared towards the typical "Operator gun owner" which is definitely not me. I know if I need something for my AR or plastic pistols they will have it, and that's a good thing as those guns get the lions share of wear and tear. I don't think any single gun shop would keep
everyone satisfied long term, that is why variety is needed.
Agreed. I enjoy stopping in at Guncrafters at Rural & 13th when I'm in Salem. I've purchased several guns there as well as Dillon reloading gear.
Ironically, I've spent 3:1 more at ORW on non-black guns vs black. But for AR gear, that's my go-to.

But they have a points system that they say pays you to shop there, LOL
Too bad nothing is in stock to spend those points on….

They'll lie and say it's in stock. Take your money and then turn around and email you say it's showing an ETA stock date of xxMonthxxxx.

Optic planet sucks. Which is why I roll my eyes everytime a member starts a new thread complaining about them. lol.

It has everything to do with liability and our sh!t justice system in its current liberal state.
Blaming your state politicians is the way to vent your frustrations.

Everything was fine until the AWB was enacted in Wash. including replacement parts and attachments to the ban. So, how should a business list everything that is banned or not banned? We talking about numerous or hundreds of parts. It is easy to restrict sales of an AW and the mags. But to list all the parts that are restricted? Not practical in running a business. Simple answer, Don't sell to Wash. So, if the Wash. gun stores do not sell or order the parts, are you blaming them too?

Simple answer to your frustrations, find another vendor or find another way to get your parts.

Seems like the research shows that some things they are good with and ship right away and others they give wonky ETAs and can take weeks or months to get your item. It comes down to how badly you need to save a few bucks. I've received most everything I've ordered from them in or around the time they predicted but if I ever feel like the wait is too long, I know I can cancel and go elsewhere. Think of them like a catalog where they list a bunch of stuff but only half of it is in stock with them. The other half they have to go order it through the mfg and their prediction of wait time is based on how quickly they can get an order put together with that mfg. + how quickly said company fulfills it. They're basically a middle man trying to hook you up to get their cut but they don't have real time inventory of what they're actually selling.

Blaming your state politicians is the way to vent your frustrations.

Everything was fine until the AWB was enacted in Wash. including replacement parts and attachments to the ban. So, how should a business list everything that is banned or not banned? We talking about numerous or hundreds of parts. It is easy to restrict sales of an AW and the mags. But to list all the parts that are restricted? Not practical in running a business. Simple answer, Don't sell to Wash. So, if the Wash. gun stores do not sell or order the parts, are you blaming them too?

Simple answer to your frustrations, find another vendor or find another way to get your parts.
It's called having friends or out of state. Or get in your car and travel.

I won't sit back and blame vendors/companies/retailers. It's on the shoulders of politicians and those who voted for them.

Blame is laid at the feet of who it belongs. It's not another companies responsibility to bend over backwards, take all the liability, and completely restructure their sales process to sell a $5.00 part.

It's called having friends or out of state. Or get in your car and travel.

I won't sit back and blame vendors/companies/retailers. It's on the shoulders of politicians and those who voted for them.

Blame is laid at the feet of who it belongs. It's not another companies responsibility to bend over backwards, take all the liability, and completely restructure their sales process to sell a $5.00 part.
Plus have you noticed that none of the folks blaming the vendors have offered to let any of the employees come live with them if/when the company gets shut down and they all lose their jobs?

Plus have you noticed that none of the folks blaming the vendors have offered to let any of the employees come live with them if/when the company gets shut down and they all lose their jobs?
Yup. A bit like all the people who want open borders. That is until it's on their front door step.

They are worthless. I had to wait 6 weeks.
I do no business with them and have unsubscribed and remove them from my contacts
They also use "dynamic pricing"
A few other well known sleazy internet companies use this.
They use AI and algorithms to adjust their prices by the minute in real time by looking at the news, state of the economy, relevant markets and who knows what else.
Purveyors of panic buying by the simple minded.

Last Edited:
Optics Planet used to be OK, IIRC over ten years ago when you could call and speak to the owner.
That's not the case any more and I now avoid them.
Funny thing, I recently was on my way to TCGC and remembered that I needed some parts. Stopped in at ORW along the way, they didn't have them, but ordered for me, and the same part was cheaper than what I found at any vendor on the internet. This isn't the first time -- I have consistently found that JP products are less expensive there than buying them over the net without including shipping costs.
I may sound like a shill for them, but no, just a maggot who chooses to buy locally as much as possible.
My OKK was DR'd by at least seven PUYT's but I'll B OK when DEXX arrives. :confused:

The fastest shipping I have gotten from an online order has been from Midway - they were super fast and easy to deal with. They are the only ones who didn't give me the "we are super backed up and will ship out as soon as possible" BS.

The fastest shipping I have gotten from an online order has been from Midway - they were super fast and easy to deal with. They are the only ones who didn't give me the "we are super backed up and will ship out as soon as possible" BS.
Euro optic.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads