JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just thinking about standard capacity mag bans and the, well, if it can only have ten, may as well make them big. came across these.

Questionable quality control, at best. They have also been previously raided by ICE with dozens of workers arrested for being illegal citizens.

So take all that for what it's work.

My feeling with those prices is to just buy the upper. I doubt there is anything special about their lowers making them worth the extra $150+ and it will save you from enduring the background check process and ffl fees. Buy multiple uppers to spread out the shipping fees. Their shipping fees have gotten pretty ridiculous lately. If they bring back the free shipping option, I would buy more stuff from them.

As for 458, do some math on the reloading cost before buying one. 450 bushmaster is much cheaper to load.

458 socom is an amazing chambering for the AR 15 platform and is also very versatile. It shoots subs and supers very well and if you are already invested in reloading for 45-70, all the bullets and some of the powders will work in it. It shines in the hunting realm as well. I know people here who have bought the bear creek version and been happy. I also have heard some crying the blues about non functioning examples. I personally would advocate tromix for all things .458 socom. They are not cheap but building one yourself, starting with a barrel bolt combo is a good way to go for some savings. I have built both a rifle and a pistol in .458 socom using Tromix's matched bolt barrel set as a starting point. They both run flawlessly. Also Tony's warranty policy is the best and is as follows.

Q: What is the warranty on Tromix parts?

A: If you act like a reasonable adult, there is an unlimited warranty on all parts. However, if you act like an azzhole, there is no warranty

Interesting it (.458 Socom) looks to be about 100 to 400 fps slower then a 45-70 with the same weight slug. Not quite up to a full tilt 45-70 load like can be used in something like a Winchester 1885 or Rugar #1 but its still going to have the same ish ballistics of a rainbow. Especially out of the shorter barrels of an AR platform

Interesting it (.458 Socom) looks to be about 100 to 400 fps slower then a 45-70 with the same weight slug. Not quite up to a full tilt 45-70 load like can be used in something like a Winchester 1885 or Rugar #1 but its still going to have the same ish ballistics of a rainbow. Especially out of the shorter barrels of an AR platform
It is not a long range sniper round, but I use it for short range stand hunting and it flattens deer.

It is not a long range sniper round, but I use it for short range stand hunting and it flattens deer.
Very much like the .50 Beo, another AR big bore cartridge. They are all going to be short range freight trains, that is just how the math works out on them. If you want big and heavy and fast you want a .50 BMG. That is going to be a bit heavier to pack than a big bore AR.

My feeling with those prices is to just buy the upper. I doubt there is anything special about their lowers making them worth the extra $150+ and it will save you from enduring the background check process and ffl fees. Buy multiple uppers to spread out the shipping fees. Their shipping fees have gotten pretty ridiculous lately. If they bring back the free shipping option, I would buy more stuff from them.

As for 458, do some math on the reloading cost before buying one. 450 bushmaster is much cheaper to load.
Not sure about the 450 being "much" cheaper to reload other than when you buy new brass, 458 socom is .10 more per case. The plethora of .458 projectiles available far outweighs the slightly higher brass price for me. Neither one is what I would call a high volume proposition so choose whichever one you like. For me already being invested in the 45-70 and having many applicable projectiles, along with the headspacing from the shoulder and not the case mouth, sealed the deal for me.

Not sure about 450 being "much" cheaper to reload other than when you buy new brass, 458 socom is .10 more per case. The plethora of .458 projectiles available far outweighs the slightly higher brass price for me. Neither one is what I would call a high volume proposition so choose whichever one you like. For me already being invested in the 45-70 and having many applicable projectiles, along with the headspacing from the shoulder and not the case mouth, sealed the deal for me.
I would think projectiles would be the area where the cost is significantly higher. .458 projectiles are generally heavier.

Never had a single issue with the BCA uppers I've run. I typically paired them with PSA lowers. I did buy into BCA later than many others and did not have to endure some of their QC problems.

Personally for $240 I'd go with the 50 Beowulf upper as opposed to the 458 Socom.

Questionable quality control, at best. They have also been previously raided by ICE with dozens of workers arrested for being illegal citizens.

So take all that for what it's work.
My .BCA .458 SOCOM works flawlessly, has acceptable accuracy, and came with 3 spent test cartridges. I got to see if I liked that caliber without the fancy brand tax. Take that for all worth... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top