JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I find this very odd. I have no issues with Optics Planet. I order a ton of stuff through them because of good deals and their rewards program. I've had only one issue with them ever where they shipped me a giant camping tent instead of my gun case, but they resolved it and it was just a time delay problem. I've also ordered things like magazine extensions and magazines with more than 10 round capacity and never had any issues. Maybe it has something to do with Washington State regulations vs Oregon, but even with all the Measure 114 BS we had to deal with no issues came up.

I will say they're definitely not experts on the products. They're just a big retailer who focus on volume. Either way I hope your issue gets resolved.

Doesn't matter. Certain companies are now refusing to sell almost anything to Washington. And they have the right to do so. I don't blame them and neither should you.
The way the bills were written are so vague, nobody ever knows if they're in violation of the law...and so they're simply erring on the side of caution. I can't blame them for that.

They keep trying to pass a 10rd limit mag capacity in Oregon but then it goes on to say if the baseplate can physically be altered (which just about anything CAN) then it's also illegal. So with that law, I don't think anyone would want to sell any mags to an Oregonian unless they're willing to risk their FFL.

I know these lawmakers have no sympathy for gun owners in any respect but I would still pass these blunders back to them and show them how trying to follow the laws they've written gets you shafted.

They indeed have every right to operate that way.

However, I do definitely blame them for it.

From a customer service standpoint, itd be prederred if they outright stated their policy or even preventing the order from being placed. Canceling the order 10min later is BS

From a pricipled American standpoint, I see it as pretty chickenbubblegum. Essentially banning things that arent banned is a big cuck on their part.
Following the law is one thing.

Tolerance is how we have gotten to this point, on all fronts. Tolerating degeneracy, immigration, etc Tolerating being sold out on 2A from all fronts... But no one wants to fault the companies who leave us hanging because of muh FrEe mArKeT.

So yeah, I fault them for it and so should everyone else
I can also see things from your perspective. They chose to play in the selling firearms and related accessory business and make a lot of lucre doing so. It comes with the territory to know the laws and to be able to shift and adapt accordingly. A royal PITA? Yes, but again it's part of being in the firearms industry. Every industry has their setbacks and with this one, it's circumnavigating the BS from anti-gun jurisdictions.

Slowest shipping in the business. I swear they use a mule train.
Some people don't care about the speed as long as they can save a few bucks. There seems to be an inverse relationship between convenience and price. The most convenient is me running down to the LGS and grabbing a spare castle nut and trigger guard I forgot to order online. Actually the price was just as low as I could've found online too.

This is why I keep reminding myself to buy from local businesses as often as I can.

I had the same issue with Midway. When I pointed out they were incorrect, they didn't budge and gave me a long line of BS.
I mentally scratched them off of the list of vendors I would buy from.

If you stomp your fleet and clap your hands at optics planet, I hear you get a free coupon for a Karen haircut at the barber of your choice
1701833090314.png

Optics Planet used to be OK, IIRC over ten years ago when you could call and speak to the owner.
That's not the case any more and I now avoid them.
Funny thing, I recently was on my way to TCGC and remembered that I needed some parts. Stopped in at ORW along the way, they didn't have them, but ordered for me, and the same part was cheaper than what I found at any vendor on the internet. This isn't the first time -- I have consistently found that JP products are less expensive there than buying them over the net without including shipping costs.
I may sound like a shill for them, but no, just a maggot who chooses to buy locally as much as possible.

Optics Planet used to be OK, IIRC over ten years ago when you could call and speak to the owner.
That's not the case any more and I now avoid them.
Funny thing, I recently was on my way to TCGC and remembered that I needed some parts. Stopped in at ORW along the way, they didn't have them, but ordered for me, and the same part was cheaper than what I found at any vendor on the internet. This isn't the first time -- I have consistently found that JP products are less expensive there than buying them over the net without including shipping costs.
I may sound like a shill for them, but no, just a maggot who chooses to buy locally as much as possible.
ORW is my go to shop. I'll continue to support them even if it means I spend a little more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top