JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've bought a gun during a period when my CHL had lapsed (oops).

I paid the seller and went back to the FFL 3 days later to pick up the gun.

Is this something many of them will do, hold the gun for the buyer like that? If so that would be good to know now that this law is here to stay. Will have to ask my favorite shop if they would do it this way, or the shop the buyer wants to use before I drive over there. If so it would make selling a handgun a little easier here. If I sold one of mine I would have put the same requirement in my ad for the same reason. Thinking that if the buyer did not have a CPL it would be a waste of my time heading to the shop with them. If the FFL is OK with doing it this way. The (FFL) take the gun and I get to walk with my cash great. I would just warn the buyer ahead of time to make sure they know they can't walk with the gun. Since a LOT of people who live here have no clue how the gun laws here work. I have had an amazing number of people who I mention this too that are shocked. Many who have lived here their entire life had no idea how the law here worked if they had never bought a gun here.

Pretty sure all FFL's will do it.

The kicker is if the buyer fails the BGC the seller has the money and the legal right to pick up the hypothetical pistol.

I will be sure ask before I head out to one. I was dreading more hassle selling due to this. Could picture not only the buyers who would set a time then never show, but the ones who would show up then get mad if they got delayed or if it was a hand gun and they suddenly found out they could not just walk out with it. Will be good to know since I am so far selling one more gun. I sold one hand gun so far since this law went it and I just sold it to the shop to avoid the hassle.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top