JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I lived in Texas for 11 years, wild hogs are invasive species and destroying property and crops as they are in many states. They are delicious and better than white tail if you get them under a 100 pounds. Once they get over 100 people just shoot them and let them lay and rot or try to donate them to shelters

I personally found the "hunt" to be very distasteful.
Ordinarily I would agree if this were a managed, regulated game animal hunt but in the case of these hogs it appears they are nothing but overpopulated vermin so I can't really find fault with a little 'overkill' - providing it is carried out safely which in this case it was a little less than so with the proximity of the other guy shown in the video.

I was once almost shot by an a-hole in a similar situation who began to blaze away at an animal without regard to my location. One bullet hit the ground to my left and the second off to my right.

Vermin or not, everything deserves a clean death. I won't shoot the tom cats if it can't be one and done. The guy in that video needs to be bubblegum slapped with his own weapon.

Vermin or not, everything deserves a clean death.
Oh I agree! I've shot many a jack rabbit with a .45 or .357 mag!

I doubt the guy in the vid expected this to happen, or maybe he did and this is a 'normal' method of hog hunting.

If so I don't think it is anything I would want to be involved with.

I dare say most people here probably would have been blasting away at that hog had it been running towards them, charge or not - especially if they had done their research and seen what feral/wild hogs can do and often do, with their tusks.

Hard to tell for certain, but it does appear the shooter is firing from the hip rather than aiming.

The Reddit post accompanying the vid had the hunter acknowledging that he was indeed shooting from the hip. He stated the reason was that he had been zooming his scope in at 8X on a different hog when the hog he shot ran towards him and he did not have time to adjust the power of the scope back out to 1X. He stated that he would not make that mistake again.

I generally don't watch the videos posted on here, and having the Auto Play thing is a No Go. I personally found the "hunt" to be very distasteful. How do I disable Auto Play so I don't see another one of these?
Well, you had to click on a post about hunting so it wasn't exactly an autoplay situation.

It was TOTALLY an Auto Play! I opened a THREAD to see what it was. I did NOT need to see some moron with a firearm BUTCHERING an animal. YOU can go bubblegum yourself sideways. I don't need your moronic views on bubblegum.

No, actually, I have NEVER seen a bigger moron that should NEVER been allowed access to a firearm, post his GLARING stupidity to the world. If this had been someone in my circle of hunters he would never have drawn another breath! SSS! bubblegum like this is why hunters get get the bad press we do. I would have offed this moron and sent him down a canal siphon.

No, actually, I have NEVER seen a bigger moron that should NEVER been allowed access to a firearm, post his GLARING stupidity to the world. If this had been someone in my circle of hunters he would never have drawn another breath! SSS! bubblegum like this is why hunters get get the bad press we do. I would have offed this moron and sent him down a canal siphon.
So you are talking about murdering someone for making a bad call? Or lack of experience?o_O

nc_ohc=6PTLw_yI7G4AX9FFy6s&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

Look, I apologize for not realizing that someone would get so upset about the vid and therefore not warning the forum members that they might find the vid objectionable. It did not autoplay for me so I didn't think it would for others - sorry for that too.

But if you find it that objectionable, I politely recommend that you not return to the thread and subject yourself to it any more. I also would suggest everybody not getting into arguments about the content.

For that reason, I would ask the mods to close this thread.

Thank you.

If this had been someone in my circle of hunters he would never have drawn another breath!
I was trying to be understanding and helpful but displaying so much anger and trash talk about murdering someone over something YOU do not like or agree with (and is probably legal) is pretty judgemental.

TIme to relax, have a shot or two of some good whiskey and rethink this!

Last Edited:
BS. All hot air. Keyboard warriors. :rolleyes:

Edit: Oops looks like I quoted someone who is no longer part of this community.

I dare say most people here probably would have been blasting away at that hog had it been running towards them, charge or not - especially if they had done their research and seen what feral/wild hogs can do and often do, with their tusks.
I have seen what a hog can do to a man in new Guinea. I would not hog hunt except from an elevated position personally after that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads