JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of the other things I'd love to see schools doing is first aid training and high quality gun shot first aid kits present in every room. These are very easy and affordable steps they could take that would most likely save lives in the aftermath of one of these things.

I don't know what the right age is...maybe 4th or 5th graders and above. But at the start of EVERY school year they could put on a first aid trauma class as part of the biology module or something. Staff should already be trained but it would be a great refresher for them to go through as well at the start of every school year. And with the repetitiveness of it every year, the kids would probably be very good at it after a few years and by the time they got into high school. They could probably be taught the basics in a four hour course, give or take.

One of the other things I'd love to see schools doing is first aid training and high quality gun shot first aid kits present in every room. These are very easy and affordable steps they could take that would most likely save lives in the aftermath of one of these things.

I don't know what the right age is...maybe 4th or 5th graders and above. But at the start of EVERY school year they could put on a first aid trauma class as part of the biology module or something. Staff should already be trained but it would be a great refresher for them to go through as well at the start of every school year. And with the repetitiveness of it every year, the kids would probably be very good at it after a few years and by the time they got into high school. They could probably be taught the basics in a four hour course, give or take.
I like it. Getting back to the practical stuff. Something that you might actually use in real life.

Could the OP parking lot signage be too much of a challenge or a dare? Since most mass shooters/school shooters are just opportunistic cowards (and usually not too bright), the sign should maybe point out a more attractive alternative:
I think the bigger takeaway with the guardian program is just the deterrent factor, likely to drive would be shooters to other targets or reconsider their choices altogether. It does make you wonder.... if only some schools engage in the program and have signage does that make other schools without a more attractive target(?) If so, would it compel other school to adopt the program so as not to attract additional attention(?)

Schools without might just be advertising, "we're a soft target... come hit us!!"(?) The mere fact that the program exists might create a domino affect to opt-in out of a sense of necessity. That wouldn't hurt my feelings at all! ;)

As for would be shooters deciding to skip the school thing and move to greener pastures (IE, malls, grocery stores, etc)... I'm much more okay with that. Not that I'm ok with any shooting but I realize it's part of our reality and while children lack the option and capability to choose to defend themselves... adults do!

I guess the anti's already spoke out on Texas's new law.

Since Texas approved arming teachers and school staff in 2013, 514 school districts out of nearly 1,200 have armed school staff.
National Education Association President Becky Pringle cites arming teachers as a factor in the nationwide teacher shortage.
"When we add safety to the many things they are being asked to do for our students, it's an additional load and it absolutely impacts whether our teachers are willing to stay in the profession," said Pringle.

Isn't the left's mantra.... "If we can save just one child"? What happened to that?? ;)

Having school teachers in my family... the greatest factors for them questioning their profession is poor pay, being forced to teach things they don't personally agree with, unruly children with restrictions on how they may deal with them, too many students that don't speak English and/or have special needs. (Since "special needs" classes were abolished and in the mainstream classrooms now).
The NEA is a giant marxist pile of crap that doesn't care for one moment about actually educating students. The students are simply the excuse they use to pander for more money so they can launder it back into democrat causes and political coffers. Gutting the public school system and getting the children out of those brainwashing centers would be one of the greatest fixes for what currently ails this country.

The nationwide teacher shortage exists because it is not a good financial choice to make to get into a field that will in most instances require significant school debt that in turn receives starting pay that isn't better than many basic jobs that don't need a degree.

Not to mention the bubblegum acting kids and the promoted beyond their competence ceiling administrators who are paid triple or more what the teachers are to sit in an office and ignore the needs of the teachers who are dealing with the feral children.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top