JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"But Schumacher reinterated his belief that the consequences literally did not fit the crime."

reinterated ??:s0153:

Where are the editors/proofreaders? Where do these "journalism" people learn to read and write? :s0076:
No doubt grandpa had something to do with his grandsons criminal upbringing. Who gave the kid the idea it was OK to commit crimes?

Who gave the kid the idea it was OK to commit crimes?
Probably the criminally minded friends he had been 'running' with, potentially due to poor parenting from his mother and father.

I would highly doubt the GF had anything to due with it. Grandparents are typically far enough 'removed' from grandchildren to have any real influence on them - good or bad.

No doubt grandpa had something to do with his grandsons criminal upbringing. Who gave the kid the idea it was OK to commit crimes?
I don't think he was ok with his grandson committing a crime. He's in pain over his loss and can't see that the home owner has no idea what weapons the intruders had nor what their intentions were and feared for his life.

EDIT: clearly there is something wrong with that family's internal culture. Not sure if it came from gramps or not.

I don't think he was ok with his grandson committing a crime. He's in pain over his loss and can't see that the home owner has no idea what weapons the intruders had nor what their intentions were and feared for his life.

EDIT: clearly there is something wrong with that family's internal culture. Not sure if it came from gramps or not.
Just a point of view about gramps talking "fairness", apparently he thought 3 criminals against one home owner was a fair fight. My point is that family values start at the top so the idea of fairness sounds like it came frome him.

so the idea of fairness sounds like it came from him.
And it was most likely just an impulsive remark from him due to what 3M said about him being in pain over his loss.

People will say anything to rationalize things they probably KNOW in fact are wrong but cannot accept the reality of it - kind of like the sister of the brother of the OP of this thread.

Last Edited:
Not a wink of sleep lost here over the store clerk taking him out. My opinion is I really wouldn't mind see it happening more often. With the amount of arrests the 2 in this story had obviously the past law enforcement efforts didn't detour them.

I will say the store clerks efforts finally detoured one of them for good so be it one problem taken care of.

Just a point of view about gramps talking "fairness", apparently he thought 3 criminals against one home owner was a fair fight. My point is that family values start at the top so the idea of fairness sounds like it came frome him.
Life isn't fair.

However, most state laws do state it is fair to shoot a burglar in your home, armed or not. Long standing legal principle:

If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him (Exodus 22:2-3)

Like father, like son, like grandson.
It came from gramps.... then the dad perhaps. Theres just zero reason to not "see" the situation from the homeowners side, ignoring that defies all sane logic and understanding about life.... castle doctrine laws go back thousands of years.
Its selfishness to be ignorant of it, And those traits can and most often do get passed down.

Like father, like son, like grandson.
It came from gramps.... then the dad perhaps. Theres just zero reason to not "see" the situation from the homeowners side, ignoring that defies all sane logic and understanding about life.... castle doctrine laws go back thousands of years.
Its selfishness to be ignorant of it, And those traits can and most often do get passed down.
It is human nature to respond to an adverse situation in an irrational manner.

Blaming grandpa, or the dad is like blaming the GUN instead of the person committing the crime.

Sonny boy had a choice - and made the wrong one.

Grandpa is 'digging a hole' by attempting to rationalize it with his 'fairness' comment.
To clarify im not blaming the parents for the kids choice.

Blaming grandpa, or the dad is like blaming the GUN instead of the person committing the crime.

Sonny boy had a choice - and made the wrong one.

Grandpa is 'digging a hole' by attempting to rationalize it with his 'fairness' comment.
I think the family had more input into the raising of the criminal with regards to behavior, than any firearm did.

If this was from 2019, I wonder how many family members are still alive today. I think he said that was the second one killed. Kind of like those 2 killers in Seattle that were only 26 years old and already had been arrested 63 times and convicted 21 times.
View attachment 1771651
Hopefully seattle never forgets those 2 pillars of the community. In fact, they ought to get their own statue on the corner outside mcdonald's.

I think the family had more input into the raising of the criminal with regards to behavior, than any firearm did.
Well, you are right.

The firearm had NO input into the 'raising of a criminal' since a firearm is an inanimate object but regardless the son made a choice, completely of his own volition, and without regard for how he was - or was not raised.

How often in our lifetimes have we (or maybe only some of us) knew of (or heard about) people who made bad (illegal) choices, on up to committing crimes and we either knew personally, or knew of, the parents to be fine, upstanding, law abiding citizens?

Ever been intoxicated to the point you shouldn't have been driving? I have (more than I care to admit) - and my parents certainly didn't promote me drinking and driving. Never got a DUI fortunately.

Given the linier and singular nature of time, yes, I feel very confident saying that this event has not happened again since then.

Another one like it? Sure, maybe, but not this one ;)
1520100781653.jpeg.jpg

How often in our lifetimes have we (or maybe only some of us) knew of (or heard about) people who made bad (illegal) choices, on up to committing crimes and we either knew personally, or knew of, the parents to be fine, upstanding, law abiding citizens?
Yes, and those kinda parent dont blame the victim for their kids choices. Huge difference

Yes, and those kinda parent dont blame the victim for their kids choices. Huge difference
I agree however I think this is just an indication of the 'times', potentially liberal parents instilling 'projection of blame', and not teaching their children about personal responsibility or the consequences of making bad choices.

I agree however I think this is just an indication of the 'times', potentially liberal parents instilling 'projection of blame', and not teaching their children about personal responsibility or the consequences of making bad choices.
Its definitely a trend thats increasing. Like the Jacob Blake shooting people blamed the cops when he was the one who pulled a knife. They burnt the town down over it... Reinforces projection of blame on anyone else.
Choices have consequences.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top