JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You did the monk thing and got rid of a grand total of one?
yes... The M1D was a fluke anyways, it looks cool, its sorta shoots ok...but that scope sucks donkey balls and it is such a collector piece that I can't really shoot it at all without ruining its value.

Yes, I did the whole sit down in my living room with every single piece and told a story to my wife on how I acquired it.

It was a rather fun event as I explained why at age 18 did I asked my dad to get me the Beretta 92FS after watching Die Hard 2.

Or why this and why that and I still enjoy shooting those guns.

You did the monk thing and got rid of a grand total of one?

yes... The M1D was a fluke anyways, it looks cool, its sorta shoots ok...but that scope sucks donkey balls and it is such a collector piece that I can't really shoot it at all without ruining its value.

Yes, I did the whole sit down in my living room with every single piece and told a story to my wife on how I acquired it.

It was a rather fun event as I explained why at age 18 did I asked my dad to get me the Beretta 92FS after watching Die Hard 2.

I've sold ammo because I couldn't shoot it without ruining its value. Seriously.

I'm not sure I would consider that the "monk way". :s0140:

Send your Beretta off to Langdon Tactical, their trigger job is magical.

You gotta put that stuff in glass boxes so it hurts to get at!
Subsonic 300 BO. When I can load it for 40 cents a round and I have a couple of thousand rounds of factory loads that had ballooned to a buck twenty a round it's a financial call. Let it go, buy more bullets.

Subsonic 300 BO. When I can load it for 40 cents a round and I have a couple of thousand rounds of factory loads that had ballooned to a buck twenty a round it's a financial call. Let it go, buy more bullets.
I have an unopened case of Federal HST 147 grain 9mm I tell you, it is tempting sometimes to sell that off.

I have an unopened case of Federal HST 147 grain 9mm I tell you, it is tempting sometimes to sell that off.
I sold two cases of wolf 9 mm during the Covid panic for $500 per thousand. I felt so dirty. I have resisted the urge to sell some of my 20k primer stock but I did trade a case of wolf 9mm for 5000 BR4 primers.

I've sold ammo because I couldn't shoot it without ruining its value. Seriously.
I've got some neat stuff that I probably won't ever shoot. I have 5 boxes of Black Tip armor piercing WWII 30-06 ammo. I also have a bag of 50 that if I want to shoot, I'd not feel bad about. I've got a few boxes of 30WCF ammo from the 20's, 30's and 40's that's too valuable to shoot. I did have a full box of Government 12 GA buckshot, but I gave it to Tim at Copeland Custom to add to his collection. I've got about 20 rounds loose rounds of the stuff to shoot if I feel the need. As a side note, when I was a kid I made a "blank" out of one of those rounds of buckshot by cutting the case and releasing the shot. When I shot if off in the basement the cardboard wad put a big dent in the solid pine door! Even at that young age (11?) I realized there was nothing "blank" about it!
I sold two cases of wolf 9 mm during the Covid panic for $500 per thousand. I felt so dirty. I have resisted the urge to sell some of my 20k primer stock but I did trade a case of wolf 9mm for 5000 BR4 primers.
If that 9mm was anything like the 45 ACP I had, you may have felt dirty, but you saved your gun{s} from the filth! Not only was the stuff I had very inconsistent, ranging from full power to nearly squibs, it was probably 5 times as dirty as my Unique handloads. I sold the couple of boxes with full disclosure and was happy to be rid of them!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top