JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"One of those shoulder things that goes up" is in reference to an incredibly ignorant interview of Carolyn McCarthy (former US Rep, NY) done by Tucker Carlson. She was talking about the attempt to renew the AWB at the end of the Obama era, and some of the cosmetic features they intended to ban. No one is exactly sure what she meant, but it is assumed it was in reference to a top side hinged stock. If that is what she meant, technically I would guess her name for your folding stock would be "a shoulder thing that goes sideways".
Tucker asked her what a barrel shroud was because she wanted to ban them. She apparently didn't feel the need to know what it was in order to demonize it in pursuit of her agenda.

"One of those shoulder things that goes up" is in reference to an incredibly ignorant interview of Carolyn McCarthy (former US Rep, NY) done by Tucker Carlson. She was talking about the attempt to renew the AWB at the end of the Obama era, and some of the cosmetic features they intended to ban. No one is exactly sure what she meant, but it is assumed it was in reference to a top side hinged stock. If that is what she meant, technically I would guess her name for your folding stock would be "a shoulder thing that goes sideways".
She was referring to a barrel shroud on a shotgun.
eta: Dang it 25 minutes too late on my wisdom dispensation.

When you have so many that occasionally you find a gun that you cannot remember its source or you put one away and forget where……
A couple of years ago I opened the safe and just stared at a .22 that seemed out of place. "Uhhh, where did that one come from?"

Then I remembered it was one my boss loaned me, thinking my grandson could use it! Instead, I gave it the cleaning it REALLY needed, fixed the loose scope and sent it back home.

3% of Americans Own 133m Firearms - AllOutdoor.com

Defined as someone who owns 8 or more firearms - with the average being 17.

If I own 16+ firearms, does that make me a super-duper gun owner?

Hyper gun owner?
I'm an addict. 12 handguns and 8
3% of Americans Own 133m Firearms - AllOutdoor.com

Defined as someone who owns 8 or more firearms - with the average being 17.

If I own 16+ firearms, does that make me a super-duper gun owner?

Hyper gun owner?
I'm an addict. 12 handguns and 9 rifles. No shotguns are bolt guns. All semi autos. Try to focus on parts, ammo, and suppressors with my funds these days, but it's hard to resist a new toy in your collection.

Carlson's question was "What is a barrel shroud?" McCarthy danced around answering but Carlson wouldn't let her off the hook. Her eventual response was "It's the shoulder thing that goes up."

I just stumbled on this thread. One of those threads that never die. :)

As of this Dec.1st, I own NO guns.

I am, however, the "settlor" and "trustee" of a revocable gun trust that, I suppose, would qualify me as a super-duper-duper gun owner.

That is - if I owned any guns.

Which I don't.

Not anymore.

(I don't own any 11+ mags anymore, either. :D)

I just stumbled on this thread. One of those threads that never die. :)

As of this Dec.1st, I own NO guns.

I am, however, the "settlor" and "trustee" of a revocable gun trust that, I suppose, would qualify me as a super-duper-duper gun owner.

That is - if I owned any guns.

Which I don't.

Not anymore.

(I don't own any 11+ mags anymore, either. :D)
Did your trust acquire your old title 1 guns too? I know some people have issue with that I could never understand why.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top