JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
3% of Americans Own 133m Firearms - AllOutdoor.com

Defined as someone who owns 8 or more firearms - with the average being 17.

If I own 16+ firearms, does that make me a super-duper gun owner?

Hyper gun owner?

America's gun super-owners, have amassed huge collections. Just 3% of American adults own a collective 133m firearms – half of America's total gun stock. These owners have collections that range from eight to 140 guns, the 2015 study found. Their average collection: 17 guns each.

[…]

Part of the answer is that owning more than 40 guns is actually fairly common in the United States: there are an estimated 7.7 million super-owners,

Last Edited:
I have 14 guns and counting the only bad thing for the anti gun people is that I'm not rich otherwise I would have 1400 guns or more hehehe they better hope and pray I never win the lottery

I do think there is some validity in this.

I have for some time thought that most gun owners only own a few guns, and that a few gun owners own quite a few guns.

This aligns with the 80/20 rule.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wi...

I.E., 20% of the gun owners own 80% of the guns and 80% of gun owners own 20% of the guns. To put it another way, most gun owners probably own a few guns, maybe one or two - maybe a few for hunting, or maybe one for protection. Those of us who are really into guns own more than just a few - i.e., as much as we can afford and/or that our spouses will allow

I am no longer married if that gives you any idea as to how many guns I own ;-)

Oh by the way I just lost all 14 of my guns in a boating accident they all are at the bottom of the sea right next to DAVIE JONES LOCKER

Guns...yeah I own a few...:D
Andy
DSC05463.jpg
DSC05467.jpg
DSC05469.jpg
P1130847.JPG

The problem with this statistic is it involves answers from a poll of some sort.

When doing a survey one should recognize that not everyone is going to answer said survey, or answer honestly. Then it comes to how many people even had access to said survey.

Isn't statistics fun?

LIBRAL LOGIC ONE YOUR GOOD MORE THAN ONE YOUR A CRAZY PERSON

The interesting thing is that they did not really come right out and say that. They just let the reader make that connection.

The other even more interesting thing is a couple of other facts they asserted and did not make an even more interesting connection:

1) Most of the "gun violence" (and other violent crime for that matter) happens in densely populated poor neighborhoods.

2) Most of the "super gun owners" are white males - probably with middle to upper middle class incomes to afford all those guns.

So - what connection might I take from these two assertions (if true)?

"Super gun owners" are not responsible for most "gun violence".

Conversely, it is those who are poor who are responsible for most violent crime, including "gun violence". Hence, it is the poor gun "owner", who owns few guns, who lives in the dense "inner city" neighborhoods who is more likely to be involved in "gun violence".

A whole lot of stereotyping there - but it is statistics, and those apply to a population, not individuals (just to be clear).

But what is the obvious agenda of the article? Fear the "super gun owner" when the facts point in the opposite direction. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews