JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You seem to misunderstand that most people are not going to give up their comfortable lives, kids and wives for an object they will likely never use other than at the range, statistically speaking. People value high speed internet, Gucci, their home, their job and dancing with the stars as well as that Pumpkin spice Latte.

Hence why you don't see a huge group of people trying to stand up and do anything. So whoever said "if our founding fathers thought like that"...the 56 men didn't have the comforts of today, and they were facing an enemy they could actually beat because they were EQUALS in firepower and technology. We are no longer equals in that regard, and as I pointed out in my examples, once the first person gets shot or killed, the others drop their weapons and run like little girls.

In reality Police will just get you like they get most people. Traffic stops and other home visits...domestic dispute...your wife points out you have an illegal gun...off you go to a federal PMITA prison for 10 years.

So yeah, as I said, your "numbers" argument is invalid. Because it isn't ever going to happen. Hence why you post about it here rather than being out there...because you don't want to be made an example of, and once you are killed or jailed, those supporters will lose their will REAL quick. FACT based on actual events.

"Being out there" - whatever the hell that even means. Your tone seems to be getting increasingly demeaning, as if because I am not picking up a rifle and going on some rampage I'm a 'keyboard commando.' It's just really strange to read. You said you spent time in Afghanistan, is it completely peaceful over there, or are people still fighting? The point being is that even overwhelming superior firepower doesn't guarantee a victory.

"Being out there" - whatever the hell that even means. Your tone seems to be getting increasingly demeaning, as if because I am not picking up a rifle and going on some rampage I'm a 'keyboard commando.' It's just really strange to read. You said you spent time in Afghanistan, is it completely peaceful over there, or are people still fighting? The point being is that even overwhelming superior firepower doesn't guarantee a victory.

Well your posts make the argument FOR an armed uprising. Here they are again....the underlined portion you're arguing for armed resistance to overwhelm the system and that short of police killing that resistance, they are hard to stop. You're certainly not talking about baking cup cakes for them and they are certainly not going to leave you alone standing out there with cup cakes no weapons, so let's face it that's what you were talking about...then in the italicized portion after I made TWO posts to show you the flaws in your argument, you changed to not advocating armed resistance..that's for nimrods...after I pointed out your "overwhelm the system by resisting" is beyond funny...

You seem to have thoughts in your head that don't match actual reality and how the world works, just look at recent events. Nobody is going to stand with you once a few people are arrested or shot and killed. They are not going to go door to door for this stuff. AGAIN, they'll get you during traffic stops, domestic disputes, at the range, etc. One person at a time. Made examples of. THAT fear controls a society who runs on Pumpkin Spice Latte's and The Big Bang Theory...and you're not going to change anything standing there with cup cakes either, so let's not waffle like you meant something different. They'll just take your cup cakes and throw you in prison....

The police can't even realistically handle looters let alone people committed to a cause. Same reason "terrorists" still exists - because despite the most sophisticated weapons of war - people committed to a cause are hard to stop, short of killing all of them.

You seem to misunderstand the power of the police/government. Our system of law enforcement is only "effective" (if you could even call it that) because the overwhelming majority of the population follows the laws. If that fraction grew only slightly it would dramatically overwhelm the capabilities of the system. Factor in that most of the people who work outside the law are morons. If more intelligent and dedicated individuals decided to take up a cause, it would be additionally problematic.

My point? Well it most definitely isn't me beating on a drum encouraging exchanging gunfire with a government entity, that type of bravado is for nimrods, but it also isn't encouraging the acceptance and willing compliance of and in further encroachment on our civil liberties. How I go about that idea is my business :)

Last Edited:
I predict SB braces will be out of stock by this weekend and you will see pravate sellers charging $300 for each one.

Just like bump stocks they can ban ALL of them, not just new sales. I'd go with a pump action shotgun before risking 10 years in prison for something I will likely never use and if I did, would guarantee prison time once the cops show up.

Well your posts make the argument FOR an armed uprising. Here they are again....the underlined portion you're arguing for armed resistance to overwhelm the system. You're certainly not talking about baking cup cakes for them and they are certainly not going to leave you alone standing out there with cup cakes no weapons, so let's face it that's what you were talking about...then in the italicized portion after I made TWO posts to show you the flaws in your argument, you changed to not advocating armed resistance..that's for nimrods...after I pointed out your "overwhelm the system by resisting" is beyond a joke...

The police can't even realistically handle looters let alone people committed to a cause. Same reason "terrorists" still exists - because despite the most sophisticated weapons of war - people committed to a cause are hard to stop, short of killing all of them.

You seem to misunderstand the power of the police/government. Our system of law enforcement is only "effective" (if you could even call it that) because the overwhelming majority of the population follows the laws. If that fraction grew only slightly it would dramatically overwhelm the capabilities of the system. Factor in that most of the people who work outside the law are morons. If more intelligent and dedicated individuals decided to take up a cause, it would be additionally problematic.

My point? Well it most definitely isn't me beating on a drum encouraging exchanging gunfire with a government entity, that type of bravado is for nimrods, but it also isn't encouraging the acceptance and willing compliance of and in further encroachment on our civil liberties. How I go about that idea is my business :)

It might be too subtle for some to notice, but there is a significant difference between acknowledging possibilities and advocating for a specific action. Regardless of whatever action may or may not be taken by individuals or groups of people. You've seemingly well established your position that you'll be turning yours in, registering, selling, etc, but the disdain for others is the cherry on top.

I'll be honest, I didn't used to care about braces until I ended by chance having a dog in the fight. I'm a believer in their utility. Unfortunately, a lot of gun owners also don't care. This in particular looks like how a slippery slope starts

When they first hit the news I was ambivalent. I would NOT have supported a law against them. Just did not care. It was the same with 80%. Did not care. When they started making noise about doing away with 80% I of course had to try. When I tried a brace I fell in love. Even when I was not interested in them I was all in on NOT making laws against them. Sadly most gun owners do not feel like me, they could care less. :(

Sorry American123, I'm not even going to bother reading your posts, ignore list you go on. I've torn apart your "arguments" and ever changing position on the matter when I point out the flaws in your logic. I have better things to do with my time than explain basics to you or watch you waffle on claims you made.:rolleyes:

When they first hit the news I was ambivalent. I would NOT have supported a law against them. Just did not care. It was the same with 80%. Did not care. When they started making noise about doing away with 80% I of course had to try. When I tried a brace I fell in love. Even when I was not interested in them I was all in on NOT making laws against them. Sadly most gun owners do not feel like me, they could care less. :(

Well therein lies the problem. We are the enthusiasts and make up a small portion of the firearm community. Your average gun owner probably doesn't even know about braces or really care. Hell, I can't count the number of people I've met who couldn't even field strip their firearms. The Fudd community is too busy clutching their pearls thinking the government wants their bolt action hunting rifles and cowboy gun revolvers to care about braces that go on the AR's that "all those kids are into". In all reality, a full on brace ban will fly under the radar for most people.

This is how it starts, they get their little toe in the door, then thier foot, then their leg, then they kick the door down and say give me all you stuff or your a felon and well bankrupt you with legal fees and throw you in a pyita fedral prison for 10+ years
Sadly gun owners as a whole LONG ago told the law makers that 2A was not really a "Right". Gun owners told law makers they were fine with 2A being a privilege and welcomed law makers to start making laws controlling this privilege known as 2A. Once they told them it was a privilege Pandora's box was open. It's way past closing it know. I will go down swinging and never give up but, when they make something I own illegal I will sigh, and sell or destroy it. There is a LOT of tough talk on this and most of it is just that, talk. The virus hoax showed how few are more than talk. In mass they laid down and begged not to be beaten. Sadly we get the government we deserve. :(

So why are you posting about it instead of going out there to do your thing? Put that keyboard down and get out there.

Our founding fathers didn't face people with weapons greater than theirs, thermal, helicopters, armored vehicles, law enforcement databases, and news outlets that would instantly plaster your face everywhere as a terrorist with a 100K reward for your location for every ANTIFA and low income person to collect their beer and scratch ticket money by turning you in while you're on the run, etc.

They fought on foot and horses with muskets against people on foot and horses also armed with muskets. They also lived a hard life fending for themselves, not shopping at Safeway then popping home to their AC and Netflix. BIG difference.

Bob Lee Swagger did it!

Sorry American123, I'm not even going to bother reading your posts, ignore list you go on. I've torn apart your "arguments" and ever changing position on the matter when I point out the flaws in your logic. I have better things to do with my time than explain basics to you or watch you waffle on claims you made.:rolleyes:
American123
Seattle
" It might be too subtle for some to notice, but there is a significant difference between acknowledging possibilities and advocating for a specific action. Regardless of whatever action may or may not be taken by individuals or groups of people. You've seemingly well established your position that you'll be turning yours in, registering, selling, etc, but the disdain for others is the cherry on top. "

Just saying I think American 123 makes sense.

He had one of them keyboards that glows in the dark though, that's not a fair comparison. :s0114:

Also let us not forget...they killed his can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew (they conned him into doing it without him knowing it!!). Once that line is crossed you have a cause that is worth fighting for and NO MAN can stop you. The cup cake is greater than the armored vehicles and drones!

Go stand in the street, I'll bring the cup cakes so we can resist behind your keyboard and my cup cakes in solidarity brother!! :s0114:

Don't worry boys, you all can stand down. Sounds like we got this brace thing handled. If we keep it up we will be swimming in suppressors by next Monday.

Don't worry boys, you all can stand down. Sounds like we got this brace thing handled. If we kept it up we will be swimming in suppressors by next Monday.

Monday!? Why so much buffer? I figure Friday at the latest. Once they see our resolve they will surely lay down their weapons as we overwhelm the system. You haven't seen how fast I can type!! Wyat Earp would tip his hat at me!! :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top