JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Their brace is made by SB tactical also which we all know is the largest manufacturer of pistol braces.

They seem to be focused on their specific model, WHY?

Who knows. Simple bureaucracy perhaps? Regular ATF technical group off for the summer, some temp/transfer team filling in (from home)? Could be.

The "wow factor" of writing up a reg/"ruling" for the first time, if so. (Ooh look at we wrote!!)

Typical of large bureaucracy, one hand (team) not knowing, or MOST PROBLEMATIC, not caring what another one comes up with regulation wise.

Edit, adding: "Letter, reg, ruling" by Boston ATF field division!

Hmmm, now let me think of which State has about the lowest 2A supporters?? Massachusetts is rite up there, if not at the top. So why is the Boston field office getting involved with such (AR pistols vs NFA items) AT ALL.??

Politics....

Last Edited:
Who knows. Simple bureaucracy perhaps? Regular ATF technical group off for the summer, some temp/transfer team filling in (from home)? Could be.

The "wow factor" of writing up a reg/"ruling" for the first time, if so. (Ooh look at we wrote!!)

Typical of large bureaucracy, one hand (team) not knowing, or MOST PROBLEMATIC, not caring what another one comes up with regulation wise.

From what I read on another site it's because it's marketed as a weapon designed to be shouldered. You can't have the intent to shoulder it, even though you are ALLOWED to.

I hurt my arm in a boating accident while I was out shooting fish fishing. Now I need to use a brace to hold my AR, so ATF vs ADA. Death Match!

Massachusetts:

What type of weapons are prohibited as "copies or duplicates" of the Assault Weapons listed in G.L. c. 140, § 121?....

...The weapon's internal functional components are substantially similar to the construction or configuration of a weapon that is expressly banned under the law (such as a Colt AR-15 or a Kalashnikov AK-47);

So doesn't matter if it's intended to be shouldered, or fired by ones pinky toe.

From what I read on another site it's because it's marketed as a weapon designed to be shouldered. You can't have the intent to shoulder it, even though you are ALLOWED to.
That's stupid, every time I used a pistol brace it was shouldered like a rifle stock.
Abolish the ATF they only enforce unconstitutional infringements of the 2nd amendment, we surely don't need them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews