JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I noticed that franklin armory and several others do not have Oregon on the list of restricted states. I want a double tap trigger for my kriss vector but dont want to risk the ATF shooting my dog can you help me out.

At this point in time, binary triggers are still legal in federal law, so the ATF won't be knocking on your door.

As for Orygun though, good question - I have not seen an authoritative answer and lots of opinions either way. But the ATF does not enforce state law either way. I would say if they will deliver, buy one unless you can get a more authoritative answer.

I noticed that franklin armory and several others do not have Oregon on the list of restricted states. I want a double tap trigger for my kriss vector but dont want to risk the ATF shooting my dog can you help me out.
They are until the DOJ throws them into the GCA/NFA category like they did with the bumpstocks. It will simply take one act of somebody using one of these devices in a high profile shooting and consider them as good as banned. Unless some judge somewhere rules against this BS decision by the DOJ. But don't expect any judges to be eager to take this on anytime soon or ever.

Franklin Armory used to not ship to Oregon and our State was on the "banned" list.

I'm told that Franklin reached out to State AG office for clarification on our laws and received a green light to sell their triggers here. Franklin will now ship to Oregon.

E

Last Edited:
Franklin Armory used to not ship to Oregon and our State was on the "banned" list.

I'm told that Franklin reached out to State AG office for clarification on our laws and received a green light to sell their triggers here. Franklin will now ship to Oregon.

As you said, Franklin Armory used to not ship to Oregon.

On May 11, 2016 I contacted Franklin Armory and asked them why they didn't ship to Oregon:

I'm curious why you aren't selling the BFS to people in Oregon.

NFA items are not restricted in Oregon and there is no "assault weapon" ban.

They replied to me the same day:

We called the state gun guys. The end result is that WE ARE NOW SELLING TO OR. smile.gif

As the late Paul Harvey used to say: "Now you know...the rest of the story!"

Last Edited:
It's funny, I used to do the binary trigger thing with the Mini-14 many, many years ago (like 30). It takes about 5 minutes and an empty .22 shell bent just right. With practice you can rattle through a 20 round magazine every bit as fast as FA.

I stopped doing it for two reasons. The first was because someone told me they thought it wasn't legal (apparently they were wrong). The second was because while it was fun at first, the excitement wore off quickly and it was just a phenomenal waste of ammo.

Well, recently the little woodplinkers up in the hills went from a slow peck to a rapid one so... Either a lot of guys bought machine guns for Christmas or it must be legal.

And whoever it is that goes shooting at 3am, I find you very entertaining when I get up in the middle of the night to pee. And I thank whoever made this house for it's great insulation sound proofing things.

And another thing whoever put the bullet holes in the sign at the end of my driveway, a little too close guys... It creeps me out a little.

Reposting my opinion from another thread

ORS 166.210 - Definitions - 2017 Oregon Revised Statutes
"Machine gun" means a weapon of any description by whatever name known, loaded or unloaded, which is designed or modified to allow two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device.

Pulling the trigger causes pressure to fire and fires only one shot. Releasing pressure is a separate mechanical process and fires only one shot like any other release trigger. Any halfway competent lawyer would be able to argue this. I am confident enough in this that I bought one of the Franklin MP5 triggers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top