JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a very cheap AK and probably 50 mags but I have probably 5000 rounds and when I shoot it I just go and order another case of ammo to replace what I shoot but I don't shoot it that much so my advice if you just want a gun to stick in the back of your safe for SHTF BUY A AK47

Fun Thread for me to ponder. I own both an AR15 and an Arsenal AK74 and I've been thinking though which I would grab first. The AK74 is my favorite to shoot distance as it has an upgraded smooth as silk trigger and decently accurate. I like it way better for longer range shooting. The AR has a combat drop in with no pretravel and quick reset. It is more accurate for me at 200 but not significant in the scheme of things. If I'm running around a short distance I'd probably grab the AR. If I'm hunkered down then it's the AK74 and I'm sitting on 12 tins of 7N6 and letting her fly. Probably the AR15 is better for battlefield pickup and 4 of my neighbors own at least one in .223 and have a bit of ammo stocked to go with.

Fun Thread for me to ponder. I own both an AR15 and an Arsenal AK74 and I've been thinking though which I would grab first. The AK74 is my favorite to shoot distance as it has an upgraded smooth as silk trigger and decently accurate. I like it way better for longer range shooting. The AR has a combat drop in with no pretravel and quick reset. It is more accurate for me at 200 but not significant in the scheme of things. If I'm running around a short distance I'd probably grab the AR. If I'm hunkered down then it's the AK74 and I'm sitting on 12 tins of 7N6 and letting her fly. Probably the AR15 is better for battlefield pickup and 4 of my neighbors own at least one in .223 and have a bit of ammo stocked to go with.
I like my ARS ALSO but I think he's just talking about a prepper gun something he will not use unless he has too so a mid range AK would probably be best for him lol I have 5 ARs and one AK47 MMMMMM BURIED IN MY YARD LOL

MVIMG_20171114_161435.jpg

Hell man buy a 870 shotgun and some buck shot I use a 870 duck hunting and it's been dropped in the pond covered in mud washed off with a bottle of water and is still killing ducks to this day my go to gun I have other shotguns but I still use my 870

Well boboclown I was in your neck of the woods last week I was in South Carolina lol had great weather when I was there 80s and 90s I love it down there

Ok now I'm going to be the bummer of this thread the truth is you want a gun for a civil war your not going to need a gun that can shoot 500 yards your going to need a gun for street to street fighting so a AK 47 or a SBR AR will work and a hand gun in the event of a SHTF here in the U.S. your talking about street firefights at less than 75 yards

Not having a lot of time, I read just the first and last pages of the thread. Neither of those mentioned my favorite, the Mini-30. I have the others, and they're all good (oops, not an AR-10). I'm not going to live long when the
zombies rise, I'm pretty much housebound, so may as well use what I like. If I run out of ammo for the -30, I've got a Mini-14 and an AR to fall back on. Or forward, whatever is appropriate. :)

2015-02-21 11.06.16.jpg

I spent the morning at Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, as a guest of @Camelfilter (thanks again, man - I owe you, big time).

Got to shoot lots of guns, and my takeaway is this: You guys are right - I need several of each.

But until I get super-rich, my plan is to get a .556 or an AK47 (whichever I can get into first) and put a red dot sight on it. And then get an AR10 and put a high quality scope on it.

It was surprisingly quick and easy to hit a target with a red dot sight. I have a lot to learn about selecting and using scopes. Really like using them.

It's been a very good day.

I spent the morning at Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, as a guest of @Camelfilter (thanks again, man - I owe you, big time).

Got to shoot lots of guns, and my takeaway is this: You guys are right - I need several of each.

But until I get super-rich, my plan is to get a .556 or an AK47 (whichever I can get into first) and put a red dot sight on it. And then get an AR10 and put a high quality scope on it.

It was surprisingly quick and easy to hit a target with a red dot sight. I have a lot to learn about selecting and using scopes. Really like using them.

It's been a very good day.
Red dots are awesome boboclown is right they are hard to mount to a AK if you get a AR vortex makes a red dot called the spark it very reasonable price and is very small and works great I have one compared to a 600 or 800 dollar red dot I got my spark for just under 250 dollars with some shopping

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews