JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would go Armalite DEF10 for $830 shipped or see if your LGS can get close to that.

Mr Gun Dealer | Grand Rapids Gun Store | Armalite DEF10 AR-10 .308 Win 20+1 651984014257 Defensive Sporting Rifle AR10 308 Win 16"

I don't have anything against that particular Ruger but I know this Armalite will work great for a significantly smaller outlay of cash. And then if you want to spend more you can buy a part at a time until you get it where you want it. I don't think I'll ever buy another prebuilt AR unless it is just some inexpensive decent quality stuff.

Or if you want to risk it a PA10 (Palmetto State Armory). These seem hit or miss to me but some guys have had good luck with them.

Looks like you can get that Ruger for around $1650 online. If that thing comes exactly how you want it and its worth another $800 to you I'm sure that will be a great gun.

Piston operate .308 ARs are expensive whether you build em yourself or not. If you can even build them.

IMHO, if going with a piston operated rifle, its better to get one built from the ground up to use a piston.

D.I is better for the money. As I said, if wanting a piston, the best route is to look at something other than an AR.

While piston ARs are not bad (personally I like the PWS rifles), they don't offer much for the money over D.I. A FAL or M14 would be the better choice if you want a piston operated .308. Even a .308 AK if you can find one, but parts are not as available.

Seriously looking at the Ruger SR 762. How much experience do you all have with it?

There is a fellow on ARF that bought one not long after they came out and has run tens of thousands of rounds without issue. I like the design sans the unshrouded bolt, but am not a fan of the price. I don't think you would be disappointed in the performance or accuracy, though I have not so much as held one in my hands.

Snagged this from another forum:

***I have a ruger sr-762. like a good ar owner, I have a box of spare parts, to repair anything that breaks, etc. I have bcg's, springs, bolts, extractors, etc. well, I want a complete spare bcg for my sr-762, extractors, etc.

the only option I know of at this time.. is to send the rifle back to ruger, and get a new one fitted. cost is $200.00 iirc.... now the cost is not the annoying part, its the shipping the rifle back to them to have a new complete bcg " fitted" to the rifle.

also, they refused to fit a spare bolt while they have it... just the one replacement bcg for $200.00... but wont add a spare bolt, even if I pay for it.

any after market options I'm not aware of?***

I like nice stuff and sometimes fancy stuff, but the above doesn't fly for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top