JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He was using an Ultimak rail. Worked great.

C76FA598-B044-4C30-8EFA-A61875F79B3B.jpeg

Well, I wouldn't say hard... Just not ideal. Keep in mind, dust cover mounts for the AK in general are... Crappy, the only sight that should be mounted on the dust cover is a peep sight (and it would be better if it was loose). There are also gas tube rails, and they work okay for red dots (much better than dust cover rails anyways), as long as the optic can handle the heat its not an issue.

There are mounts like the RS regulate that will have a picatinny rail, and you attach it onto the siderail. Otherwise, its better to use red dots made for the AK's siderail.

Course, with my astigmatic I'm cursed with awesome by not having to worry about any of that. :rolleyes:

If you bringing it to me you will be staring down the barrel of my AR308, which weighs only slightly more than an AR-15. If I'm bringing it to you again the AR308, because it's really neat how it points out that your 5.56 designed body armor and barriers suck.

If you bringing it to me you will be staring down the barrel of my AR308, which weighs only slightly more than an AR-15. If I'm bringing it to you again the AR308, because it's really neat how it points out that your 5.56 designed body armor and barriers suck.
Hello my body armor is made for five shots from 308 lol 7.62/51

Any soft body armor is useless against a rifle standard police soft body armor is only good for pistol rounds except the fn 5.7 witch will go through soft armor like hot knife through butter

With the price of ammo and you shooting a AR10 I'M GOING TO TAKE A GUESS AND SAY YOU DON'T GET MUCH PRACTICE SHOOTING IT SO THE CHANCE OF YOU HITTING ME RUNNING IS SLIM TO NONE

And you can hit me with 20 rounds when I'm running

I've seen you run, maybe 19 hits... just kidding I don't think we would be on opposite sides.

Consider, though, that even though your armor holds up you will likely have cracked ribs to show for it. 7.62x51 hits hella lot harder than 5.56 so more breaks and bruises for each hit.

It would hurt a lot, and possibly you'd be going down after the first hit. While you may not die, you'd still be out of it. Not always the case.

That being said, in an urban environment brick walls won't do much to protect you from 7.62x39, or 7.62 NATO. As unlikely that scenario would be.

I've seen you run, maybe 19 hits... just kidding I don't think we would be on opposite sides.

Consider, though, that even though your armor holds up you will likely have cracked ribs to show for it. 7.62x51 hits hella lot harder than 5.56 so more breaks and bruises for each hit.
Well probably true but I don't plan on having you shoot at me anytime soon unless you have other plans I will say good night I have to get up early I know where some ducks are that don't where body armor

My guns are old-school hunting tools (or EDC), and I plan to keep them. They each fill a niche, and some are just plain fun.

But now, I'm seriously thinking of arming up for war. I hope and pray that day never comes, but with the world being what it is nowadays I'd be foolish to be unprepared.

So - what are your opinions about the rifles in the title? Which one do you think would be the most reliable & lethal, the most durable (even when neglected), and have more ammo available during hard times?

Any other rifle that should be up for consideration?

It depends on your physical fitness and your environment. All three rifles have readily available ammo, but you that's relative to a ammo shortage in an emergency scenario. 7.62x51 is most lethal, 7.63x39, and then 5.56 per hit on target. The statistical probably of you hitting the threat depends on numerous factors, speed of deployment, marksmanship, recoil management, mobility, etc. 7.62x51 is the most expensive by a long shot. 7.62x39 Russian is cheapest. But 5.56 is lightest, relatively affordable, and potentially more lethal against body armor and at longer distance. As far as durability and maintenance, both ARs and AKs are similar in robustness. The AK may be slightly more resistant to poor maintenance but it's heavier and suffers slower follow-up with several hundred less meters of lethal range. AK are 450 meters lethal and AR15 is 650+ meters lethal, and AR10 is 1000+ meter lethal. Depends on cartridges and barrel configuration in all cases.

I recommend the AR15 if you plan on being mobile and static. I recommend AR10 of you plan on being mostly overwatch and static. They make 6.5 in AR which may be better than 7.62x51 if you can afford the ammo and reload it potentially.

I recommend 5.56 because it's lighter, cheaper, excellent range, and better parts availability than AR10. AKs are heavier, less range, less availability of parts in most locales in America, slower follow-up shots. The AK was originally supposed to be an open bolt system, and the AR was also, which would have made both more effective at followups and reducing recoil. Anyway, it depends on your needs but I suggest 5.56 AR15 type for overall bubblegum hits the fan scenarios. And determining what you need can be tailored into the AR15. Determining what threats you will encounter is s good place to start. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top