JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0149:
At Shotshow this week we got a look at the CMMG Mk47 "Mutant."
Color me unimpressed.

What are YOUR love-hates with these two fine rifles? (Please be more specific than "commie guns stink.").

I don't love or hate either one.
For me, neither is particularly comfortable to shoot.

While the AR can be had in several calibers, most of them are in 5.56, and that one seems like it should be reserved for smaller game and varmints rather than a military caliber.

I prefer the stock shape that is more common on bolt action rifles. It can also be found on many pump and semi autos, but the vertical grip of modern rifles that are originally designed for military use feels odd to me.

Years ago I had an opportunity to shoot an M-1 Garand. I liked the feel of that rifle, but it is kind of heavy. I think it weighs something like 9 pounds empty.

:s0149:

While the AR can be had in several calibers, most of them are in 5.56, and that one seems like it should be reserved for smaller game and varmints rather than a military caliber.
Bet Eugene Stoner wished you were around in the 50's .." We have a great rifle here, only problem is this tiny bullet .....oh well guess we'll go with it"

100000000 dead people would disagree with your assessment ......although it is one of the oldest and most common arguments against one of the best versatile cartridges in existence

Why does it always end up with the "my bullet will kill you deader" argument between the AR and AK? Don't know about you but the likelihood of my sporting rifles ever being pressed into military service is exceedingly small.

Why does it always end up with the "my bullet will kill you deader" argument between the AR and AK? Don't know about you but the likelihood of my sporting rifles ever being pressed into military service is exceedingly small.

Because that's kinda all they got to argue, One angle one argument....(AK fans that is).

Oh yea. I forgot how reliable they are. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Um, they both go bang, they both are bad and do the job they were designed for. Guns are like cars. So many different kinds or models for different reasons and applications. To each there own as far as the two top battle rifles in the world. Other than caliber, what are the issues, really? Yes two different designs just like a Ford Focus and a Ford Mustang. They both do the same thing in the end. Get you to where you want to go. But you pay more for the one that gets you there faster and cooler.

hey it looks like you got the AR of dogs....but you would likely be just as happy with a Chihuahua.....I mean they both go bark, they both eat and crap.....

Very good point. Yes I paid through the nose for this one. Rather than a pond adoption. Yes they both eat and chit. For personal reasons just like I would never own a Ford Focus, I would not own a Chihuahua. Very good analogy though.:D

:rolleyes: Um, they both go bang, they both are bad and do the job they were designed for. Guns are like cars. So many different kinds or models for different reasons and applications. To each there own as far as the two top battle rifles in the world. Other than caliber, what are the issues, really? Yes two different designs just like a Ford Focus and a Ford Mustang. They both do the same thing in the end. Get you to where you want to go. But you pay more for the one that gets you there faster and cooler.

To each THEIR own.... :s0018: :D

hey it looks like you got the AR of dogs....but you would likely be just as happy with a Chihuahua.....I mean they both go bark, they both eat and crap.....

They both go bark, and some eat their crap.... :eek: o_O

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top