Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR Pistols- Why are they so hard to find and are they cracking down on these?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by NUCLEARMJ, Jun 9, 2011.

1. NUCLEARMJ

NUCLEARMJ Lafayette/Hillsboro Member

I've been looking around for a 9mm ar pistol or even just an upper to build one with and they seem non existent at this point in time, everyones out of stock and i even went to cmmg's website and found that there not even listing theres anymore. Any clues? Know where to find one?

2. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

Are you trying to build 1? If so RRA has a ton of pistol uppers. Then just buy a lower pistol registered.

3. NUCLEARMJ

unless you can buy direct from rra then i dont know where to get them cause most places i've seen are out of stock. I am looking for 9mm though which is harder to find in the first place.

4. caden08

caden08 washougal Member

Go to their website and order a catalog. Got mine in a week and you can order straight from that. They have a ton of options!

GL!

5. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

Spikes tactical

6. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

+1 that's what I have. 7" barrel

7. oa98pistol512

oa98pistol512 salem area Member

Model-1 usally have the 9mm pistol uppers for a better price. I have one in pistol and one in rifle they are awesome to shoot!!!!

Benny503 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Build it yourself. Pick up a nice 9mm barrel 5-7", upper, rail and BCG, etc. Then when you pick up your suppressor can have that SD look!!

IMG_9798.jpg
    IMG_9788.jpg

From a school project
    4.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

IMG_9788.jpg

4.jpg

9. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

+2 Spike's is good stuff

10. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

11. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

An AR pistol = ANY AR upper you want,of any length,+ ANY lower *that was never a rifle* without a butt stock or any front handles.

Let's say you have an AR at home that you put together.You just happened to buy a lot of the parts from different places.Or you bought them all at the same place. Doesn't really matter.

Was the lower sold to you as a "rifle"? Or was it sold as "any other weapon"? Probably as "any other weapon.

Diss assemble the rifle and put a SBR upper on it,or a 24" bull barrel,just a buffer tube and those cute little cushions and you have a AR pistol.

Rifles have a minimum but a pistol has no maximum on the barrel length.

AND you can interchange any AR upper you have on your "pistol" lower.Just don't go out in public with a barrel shorter than 16" on your lower that has a butt stock on it.Or one you bought complete as a rifle.

12. rdb241

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  13. mjbskwim

So it can't have the threads in the end?
    And I've heard the buffer tube leaves a mark
    But one thing I was going to ask,that I believe I read on here some place,the ballistics from a 5.56/223 ain't much to talk about from a 11" barrel?
    The redeeming quality of the 5.56/223 is the the 50g bullet is traveling at 3k-4k fps.Otherwise it's just a 22

14. rdb241

C'mon....it has to have threads to attach to the receiver. I am talking about the other end.

15. NUCLEARMJ

Does anyone know a good place to get 9mm ar pistol parts? I can find ar pistol parts, 9mm ar rifles and parts but finding a 9mm ar pistol or just the parts to build one seems very hard to find, ive found 1 barrel and thats it. Anyone know someone on here that makes barrels by chance? Or has parts laying around?

16. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I got alot of my parts from 9mmar.com The owner personally called me to clear up an issue with shipping. Small but very honest company.

17. mjbskwim

Yeah,the end that the "stock" attaches to.The little nut welded on the opposite end from the stock
    Same page bro