JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like the Thordsen cheek rest on mine. I was worried about recoil, or this or that, was never a fan of these ar pistols, until I built one for s&g's. Absolutely love this thing. 20161019_232631.jpg
80% lower, 7 1/2" upper from Hardened Arms.

Mine's getting a BFD blast-shield, which focuses it downrange.

Someday, my dream shot is to build a muzzle brake that even if the operator only chambers a blank, it'll put a hole through the target on noise and shockwave alone with no ill effects to someone right next to it. :)

I built a 556 pistol, 10.5" on a TN Arms poly lower... super light
Threw in a 4# trigger and a Vortex SFII on top...

Once I got it sorted out I could not miss an 8" steel plate at 50 yards with it. I love it.

Being a pistol, its become my road trip gun since I can legally have it in the cab of the truck with a loaded magazine.

Cant wait to take it out for a try at 100yds. Definitely worth it... every AR owner should have a pistol too

LOP = Measurement from face of trigger shoe to end of buttstock.
Ah, OK. Thanks!
I thought length of pull was actual trigger pull and the 13.5 inches made no sense to me .
I'm thinking of building an AR pistol, before I-1639 hits, because it's the only gun I think I may want / need.

Last Edited:
I built my pistol about 10 year ago. 7.5" barrel and a short pistol buffer and tube. I am now in the process of building 3 more. 1 in 7.62x39, 1 in 9mm, and finally a little plinker in .22lr. They all have 7.5" b arrels.

AR pistol + rifle stock = SBR = tax stamp
Simple math.

Federal regulation states you can shoulder fire a pistol with a brace.
Mrs T is a tiny Asian woman. Even a carbine was huge. So we built her and her friend matching AR pistols. In their hands, they look like carbines. Both have the shock wave blade on them.
Some smart guy invented a gizmo that is a cylinder that fits inside the back of the blade and is flat to press against your shoulder. THESE ARE NOT LEGAL, it turns the brace to a stock, once again its an SBR.
A friend bought one, and we made copies. Cant install them. But you can own them...... Just in case.

AR pistol + rifle stock = SBR = tax stamp
Simple math.

Federal regulation states you can shoulder fire a pistol with a brace.
Mrs T is a tiny Asian woman. Even a carbine was huge. So we built her and her friend matching AR pistols. In their hands, they look like carbines. Both have the shock wave blade on them.
Some smart guy invented a gizmo that is a cylinder that fits inside the back of the blade and is flat to press against your shoulder. THESE ARE NOT LEGAL, it turns the brace to a stock, once again its an SBR.
A friend bought one, and we made copies. Cant install them. But you can own them...... Just in case.

SHTF scenario...

Didn't see anyone else mention this, but if you build from an 80% lower, obviously without a serial number, you can't ever sell it unless you get a licensed manufacturer to emboss one.

Separately, a 14.5" barrel, with 1.5" pinned muzzle brake plus a LAW or equivalent folding stock adapter makes for a legal compact setup with more reach than a pistol.

Didn't see anyone else mention this, but if you build from an 80% lower, obviously without a serial number, you can't ever sell it unless you get a licensed manufacturer to emboss one.

Sure you can, you can't be in the business of manufacturing them for sale. But if you put it together with the intention to keep it, then some time later decide you dont like it you can sell it.

Separately, a 14.5" barrel, with 1.5" pinned muzzle brake plus a LAW or equivalent folding stock adapter makes for a legal compact setup with more reach than a pistol.
Since I can't use a stock anyway with my shoulder, I've been toying with the idea of an unpinned 14.5 with a pistol brace.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top