Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR parts shortage due to panic?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by IronMonster, Jun 20, 2016.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Had a conversation with my brother who seems to think AR parts are vanishing again with key stuff such as BCG's already becoming a problem.

I have been out of that market, what have you seen? Not been able to buy something you want or need?

2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

3. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

There is a ton of that stuff considering how many companies manufacture those parts now.

The ar15 and parts will be around for a very long time. I'm broke and not worried much at all that I won't be able to build a nicer one one day.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

FIGM...

F-em I Got Mine...

5. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

I've been able to buy anything I need, to date.

Glock Jock likes this.
  6. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Nah, Palmetto parts kits are all in stock

Brutus57 likes this.
  7. Bushman

Bushman Auburn, WA Well-Known Member

Actually surprised that PMAGS and stuff is in stock a lot of places.

Brutus57 likes this.
  8. timac

Still AR's, AK's and ammo, on the racks locally.

Glock Jock and Joe13 like this.
  9. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Im sure the last panic and some 100 million guns sales have told the manufacturers to get ready for the next panic since they are likely to profit like crazy. We'd had several months that were close or higher sales than the 2012 panic. Im interested to see the June NICS counts show.

10. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Money money money!!!!

It's what makes the world go round:(

11. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

If you look around at what's actually in stock, it seems to be a little better that Feb & March this year.

nwwoodsman and Joe13 like this.
  12. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

Thanks to gun control morons we have more manufacturers producing firearms than ever before. thanks to them spreading fear of gun control and driving up demand. the more demand the more manufactures and the lower the cost.

before obummer took office and there was no fear of gun control you could not purchase or build a ar15 for under $600 only a hand full of manufactures.
    Now thanks to gun control fear driving up the demand for the so called "assault style rifle" just about every machine shop with a mill and cnc are kicking out gun parts.
    now you can build a new one for under $450

Thank you gun control activist for making gun ownership more popular than it ever has been and making firearms more affordable than ever.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    41Slinger, PaulB47, ron and 4 others like this.
  13. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

just when some of these shops are closing up because the demand is gone you got hillerybilly screaming for more gun control .

best thing to happen to gun manufactures are a bunch of lunatic polititions thinking the solution is gun control .

First thing I thought when I heard the news was the same thing Trump said Why didn't some one shoot back.

rdb241 likes this.
  14. timac

Along with that cheapness come parts made overseas. Be careful what you buy, build with known American made parts.

15. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Absolutely. And the bad thing is that the knockoffs aren't that much lower priced, just made cheaply! If you're lucky, you'll only lose your shipping costs - both ways.

16. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

We've noticed that the cheaper AR lowers are not as cheap and are going out of stock in more then a few places. We have seen magazines go up in price over the last couple weeks. Glock mags that we purchased last week are now about $4 more per mag. We are certainly selling a lot of AR lowers and so far I have been able to purchase more and keep them in stock.

17. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

:(EI have noticed prices begin to slowly inflate over the last week. PSA has their D&H mags on sale for $7 then all of a sudden the went out of stock and can back at $9. Botach.com sold out of their HK AR mags as well. Might be a cooncidence, or not. Get what you think you need and can afford.....and then get some more.

18. Cherpybird

Cherpybird Portland Active Member

PSA mags go up and down weekly sometimes they're not on sale at all. Most things are in stock though. I sold two lowers and a couple of uppers 31 mags and piles of ammo recently all below market price and I'm not worried about being to buy more if I need to.

19. stickflickin

stickflickin Sandy Member

With the continued shootings and revitalized cries for gun control, assault weapons ban, mag capacity restrictions etc. are we in for another run on guns and ammo? Some of the site's I frequent for parts and accessories are showing out of stock on AR's and parts.

20. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I agree about PSA and their pricing and am glad to hear you are confident about supplies maintaining their current levels. I am not quite as optimistic. I remember you could get an AR, but parts and standard cap mags were harder to come by and you paid through the nose when you did. Remember $300 BCG's? To me, you might as well get them while they are reasonable and available. Heck, I still can't find regular powder and primer availability. I can't seem to find varget or retumbo anywhere....