JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With my experience from within the AR15 industry I can tell you that consumers (Retail and Dealers alike) are in full-on panic mode. Sales right now are nearly as high as they were in the period right after Newtown. Factor that with our looming presidential elections and we have a recipe for a perfect storm. I don't see things getting any better between now and November.

Actually surprised that PMAGS and stuff is in stock a lot of places.

I was in Cabelas (Tualatin) a couple days ago. The pmags were completely cleaned out. Not so long ago they had pmag promotions with barrels full of the things on the shop floors.

We are selling lowers as fast as we can get them in. We ordered more today but the pickings are slim. Everywhere I looked Aero's, spikes, some andersons are sold out. Found some Anderson's and some SOTA billets and got them on order. We ordered in a bunch of glock mags almost 2 weeks ago and I looked again and they are almost $4 more per mag at wholesale costs. We got 30 AR mags coming in next week but even those have gone up. People may not be panicking but they are definitely buying up stock.

We are selling lowers as fast as we can get them in. We ordered more today but the pickings are slim. Everywhere I looked Aero's, spikes, some andersons are sold out. Found some Anderson's and some SOTA billets and got them on order. We ordered in a bunch of glock mags almost 2 weeks ago and I looked again and they are almost $4 more per mag at wholesale costs. We got 30 AR mags coming in next week but even those have gone up. People may not be panicking but they are definitely buying up stock.

You guys do laser engraving right? I should get one of my 80%s done with the "ghost gun with 30 caliber clip in 1/2 second" engraving

Ghost-Gun-AR15-Lower-Receiver.jpg

Ar10 parts can be hard to find if your looking for the popular names. I waited for 3 months tring to by a matched Aero reciever set.

Thankfully that gave me time to do my homework and I ended up buying a matched mega set.

Two weeks later I get a call from a shop I had put my name on a list and like magic, after I bought my mega the Aero parts came in and I got a call.

Sorry Aero, I am keeping my Maten set.

I was considering panic buying some pmags (since I had been planning to buy them anyway) and two different types went up $5 while they were sitting in my watchlist on Gunbroker. I looked around and found some to buy elsewhere at pre-panic prices, but that is damn tough to find now.

I was considering panic buying some pmags (since I had been planning to buy them anyway) and two different types went up $5 while they were sitting in my watchlist on Gunbroker. I looked around and found some to buy elsewhere at pre-panic prices, but that is damn tough to find now.

You should consider paying for one of the memberships here. There is a running thread for deals in the members section and we have a few places listed for good prices on pmags
Help Support Northwest Firearms (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/donate/)

Here is the one I posted there, still in stock for $10.99
Magpul PMAG MOE AR-15 30rd Black (MAG571-BLK), Cope's Distributing (http://www.copesdistributing.com/magpul-pmag-30rd-black-mag571-p-1912.html)

I don't think its gonna get as crazy as the last time. If Shelves are clearing up because people are preparing early which will prevent the panic. Last time people were hit by surprise.

Than Antis are doing their part to make sure every American buys a gun right away wether they want to or not or wether they should or should not. Its like they are saying don't left out buy that ar15 style rifle now before its too late . So keep up the scare tactics you crazy fools
maybe you'll create such a demand you'll bring the price down to $250

I made a observation. There was a time only a hand full of gun owners were into Ar15s most people did not even know that you could buy one. Most guns shops and I remember did not even carry ar15 style rifles and if they did it was only 1 or2 because there was no demand for them until they were banned.

Even at gun ranges you would get dirty looks from other shooters like why is that here. While sigting in during the hunters sight in I wanted to sight my AR style rifle and heard a guy say " Why is that here I just don't see a point in it?"

Now they are all over the news . Followed by how the government wants to ban them suddenly everyone knows what a ar15 suddenly thanks to reporters showing America how easy it is to buy them people are thinking to themselves hey I think I want to buy one of those before they get banned If polititions actually were in touch with Americans they would know never tell an American they can't have something that they should be able to have that will only push them to get it

They are also seeing wow they might ban those I better get one now. These are people who probably never ever would have even heard of one or realized they could own one going out and buying them

Look how times on boards like this especially in recent years you have members that come on the board with questions like "I am considering buying a ar15 what should I know." Think of how many don't even ask that and just buy one because thanks to the antis pushing gun control educating the public that they to can own one. They have become the best marketing campaign ever.
This is probably a person who would have never considered purchasing an Ar15 had it not become so popular thank the the anti gunners.

As I noted in another post it's their threats that have created a market for more manufactures and the more manufacturers the more competition and the lower the cost. Now every one can afford an ar15 style rifle. dang I just saw one in the news And found out I do can buy one in 7 minutes lets go shopping!"

There was a time During the Clinton administration That I actually thought he was pushing gun purchases by using threats of more bans. It seemed to create a urgentcy I only owned a hunting rifle and a friend said you better go buy a sks before he bans them they cheap and cheap to shoot get it now before they are banned and the prices will go up so I did.

I saw the same thing happen during the Obama administration. Its like they were saying better go buy some guns now because this is your last chance. Maybe the country needed the boost in the economy people were taking money out of their savings to buy now. Machine shops that had never produced a gun part were suddenly milling receivers and turning barrels. Some of them thanks to demand became major players in the gun industry.

Then when the anti bubble burst suddenly the market was flooded with excess parts bringing the cost of an ar15 to below $400.

Last Edited:
I too remember before Bill Clinton, when you could go into a gun show and see hunting rifles and old military rifles, but the AR-15s and AK-47's were few and far between.

It's as if the rulers have a fundamental misunderstanding of the American people. They think we are like Europeans - that all they have to do is express disapproval of something, and we are supposed to follow along like a faithful dog. But we aren't like that (most of us anyway). What they disapprove of, we go out and do.

And they don't seem to learn, either. This characteristic has been obvious for years, yet all they can think to do is get us to buy more guns. o_O

I bought my first gun because of the original 'Assault Weapons Ban'. I didn't care about 'Assault Weapons" but I wanted to buy a pistol with a high capacity magazine. I was in my early 20's, and would have bought a gun eventually, but money was tight back then, and I had other priorities. The AWB changed that. I bought an Astra A100 9mm with 17rnd magazines (licensed Sig P226 copy).

Owning the Astra, having the de-cocking lever break, get repaired, eventually selling it and buying a Beretta 92fs had me in and out of gun stores enough to buy an SKS new for $119 and 1200rnds of 7.62 ammo for well under $100.

As time went by, and I got older and made more money, I became more discerning in the firearms I owned. When the ban sunset in 2004, that became an opportunity to buy all those guns that I had thought lost forever. The market place went wild with new rifles and pistols, and I went on another buying spree.

Over time I have purchased over 50 guns, and sold many that I wasn't happy with. I reload my own ammo, I have learned basic gunsmithing and assembled guns from my chosen parts, done upgrades and servicing myself, and have tons of spare magazines and parts.

Firearms have been a fantastic hobby for me, a pass time as I load ammo, or browse gunbroker or local classifieds for good deals, or just go out and blow things up. They have introduced me to new friends who are also enthusiasts and given me a community to post my ramblings, or read others.

The sweet irony is, I owe it all to Bubba Clinton.

No issues here! Went to the big gun and knife show this weekend and there were tons of black rifles and parts at normal prices! I even picked up a few cases of blamo just so the wife and I can shoot with out burning through the stock of Oh Snap- SHTF, now what! Same ol Same!

Just ordered 5 - gen 3 pmags at $17 delivered. A little high. Spikes uppers are disappearing fast and other middle of the road lowers too. But there are parts all over and I believe manufacturers are paying attention too.

FDE and OD Green Gen 2 PMAG's in stock for $12.95 total shipped cost: 44MAG.com - Magpul Industries - Magpul PMAG 30 Round 5.56/.223 Magazine Standard Gen M2 MOE (http://www.44mag.com/product/pmag_30_m2/magpul)

Black, FDE and Green Gen 2 Window PMAG's in stock for $15.95 total shipped cost: 44MAG.com - Magpul Industries - Magpul PMAG 30 Round 5.56/.223 Magazine Window Gen M2 MOE (http://www.44mag.com/product/pmag_window/magpul)

Local company here in Oregon. Good folks to deal with. All Magpul magazines are free shipping all the time.

Some people might not want to put money into something that will be made illegal to possess, with the government offering no compensation whatsoever. You can look at the situation through different viewpoints.

Yeah, but some viewpoints are more accurate than others. ;)

Clearly a lot of people do put money into something that might be made illegal to possess. If the old guns are grandfathered, they climb rapidly in value. And if they are not grandfathered, an AR is a good thing to have in a war... :eek:

I'd say, the reason the panic has not lasted long, is the tremendous increase in productive capacity and AR-15 infrastructure, and the increase in stocks of manufactured weapons, that are available to fill any bump in demand.

Some people might not want to put money into something that will be made illegal to possess, with the government offering no compensation whatsoever. You can look at the situation through different viewpoints.

Most of us are not "some people".

If the government want to turn me from being a law abiding citizen to an outlaw bootlegger that's their choice.

E

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top