JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked my first up at Curt's Discount Shooters Supply. It was less money than a Colt from Keith's, but more money than all the entry level rifles. I knew nothing really, except that I hated the look of the big fat plastic hand guard. So I ended up with a Rogue Defense (Curt's in house brand), with a nice key mod free floated hand guard and a full top rail. From everything I've heard I don't need to worry about this rifle, any issues, I know Curt's will be there for me.

As mentioned above, adding sights, optics, sling w/attachments, mags etc, could have you into it another $300.00-$500.00.

Have Fun!

As mentioned above, adding sights, optics, sling w/attachments, mags etc, could have you into it another $300.00-$500.00.

Optic alone could be $300-$3k depending on the optic and how serious the OP is about it.

Ruger AR556. Mentioned already, but my friend has one and its nice.

Optic alone could be $300-$3k depending on the optic and how serious the OP is about it.

Ruger AR556. Mentioned already, but my friend has one and its nice.

Yeah, no kidding. I'm a bit, a, "Frugal" shall we say. Totally new to ARs and rifles in general. Not really in to long range shooting at this stage of the game. I picked up an NC Star 3-6 X 42 for $129.00. It's worth it I believe, more so than having to pay $20.00 or more for half of a little sling attachment!

Yeah, no kidding. I'm a bit, a, "Frugal" shall we say. Totally new to ARs and rifles in general. Not really in to long range shooting at this stage of the game. I picked up an NC Star 3-6 X 42 for $129.00. It's worth it I believe, more so than having to pay $20.00 or more for half of a little sling attachment!

If there was a perfect flavor there wouldn't be vanilla or chocolate. Personally I tend to spend at least $500 (sometimes I make exceptions) on a scope, but everyone is different.

I'm in the same boat and here's why I'll be going with M&P Sport 2:
-Standard Parts. The Ruger AR556 has some proprietary parts. They say they can be replaced with standard stuff, but why not just start that way?
-Salt Nitride treated barrel. From my understanding, the Ruger is untreated
-Delta Ring. The Ruger screw-down ring seems to be pretty problematic over on some of the Ruger boards I've skimmed through
-Availability. The S&W seems much more readily available through retailers whereas the Ruger seemed to be having trouble getting onto the shelves

The S&W runs a 1/9 twist barrel which is just fine for most <65gr ammo. If you're going any heavier than that, then the 1/8 of the Ruger will be a bit better, but still not as nice as say a 1/7...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top