JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
here is mine, still unfired until this saturday. just waiting for my rear sight to come in.

its a del-ton mid-length upper 1x9 twist chrome-lined bore mated to a double-star lower. very basic for now but will tacticool it later when i have more funds.

2784479357_38a691a7f9_o.jpg

2785332938_79601d2370_o.jpg

Have a new Bushy with a 16" HB, adj stock, removable handle. Fun but
would not use for a battle rifle. Gas impingment on the action is nasty,
and wetness, even when heavy lubed causes shutdowns. An Appleseed
held a couple of years back, it rained before, during, and after the weekend
shoot. Out of 25 of everything from FALs, Garands (4),bolts like Spring. A3s
and a couple of Brit. 7.62s, the M15s were the first to quit running followed
by a couple of .22 LR semi autos. They just don't like wet !!! Also own
in .223 a Remy 700 with a NorPac target barrel, Mini 14, and a Contender
ss pistol. All fun, but caliber is not even legal in some states for deer.
Expanding bullets give it some help, but don't feel comfortable with stopping
anything that gets angry. Most likely a battle rifle would be one of my
Garands in either 7.62 or 30-06.:)

all stripped lowers are the same.

Ouch! Really? And a Ford Pinto is the same as a Rolls Royce?

I guess I should have said, it depends on what you're going to do with it. Simple plinking, sure it'll do ya fine. If your serious about your rifle, you won't find them under anyone's lower.

Colt, Noveske, LaRue, and Specialized Armament.

I've owned 2, sold one and still own the other. First was this Bushmaster:

perfectpic.jpg

Which ended up like this:

IMG_0578.jpg

Sold that and picked up this home build:

AR152.jpg

All I really want to do with this is change to a folding front sight, add a forward grip, and eventually some sort of red dot.

How do you feel about the Double Star lower? They're on sale right now for $82 + $5 shipping.

its good quality if you ask me, and i have read and heard nothing but good things about that company through glocktalk, ar15, and thehighroad. wichaka's comment is the first i have ever read with a negative review on their receivers.

the doublestar lower matched the del-ton upper almost perfectly, the fit and finish is nice and smooth. i have no complaints.

i guess if doublestar is crap then you should stay away from: Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, DPMS, CMMG, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske because they are all milled from LAR, the same company that mills doublestar lowers.

i guess if doublestar is crap then you should stay away from: Grizzly, Bushmaster (L Prefix), Ameetech, DPMS, CMMG, Fulton, Spike's Tactical, Noveske because they are all milled from LAR, the same company that mills doublestar lowers.

Yep.......I'd stay away from them too. DPMS is ultimate junk. Bushmaster is spotty with their quality.

Noveske has their receivers made to Noveske specs, can't say the same for the others. Just because the same company makes receivers for a number of companies, doesn't mean they are all made the same.

When a company like Noveske comes to a manufacturer to have something made, they sit down and go over what is required (their specs), and the maker produces it........to their (Noveske) specs.
So you get a better quality product from the same maker, because the buyer required it. Not all makers.....DPMS etc., have the same required specs. Which is why their products are cheaper. You get what you pay for.

Kinda like when Ford Pintos and Mustangs were made under the same roof, but which would you want to own?

Like I said, for the occassional shooter, they are fine. But you won't find them being carried by any serious operator........unless they have been heavily gone through and specs checked.

Why do think you find Mil-Spec mags at gun shows? Unless they are stamped with the approved 33710 number on them, they have been rejected by the Military for some reason or another.

Federal's XM193 ammo.........what do you think the X stands for?
It means it's been rejected by the Military, as it doesn't pass their standards. It's still good ammo, just not as good as what our Military uses.

Have been working in the industry for 20 years..........never claim to be an expert, always learning, but know a lot of the ins and outs of how things go.

There was an open question about the quality of Double Star lowers, I answered with the knowledge I have.......sorry if you don't like it.

Wow! That didnt take very long. I see we have some AR snobs in here now. I for one have shot some excellent examples of the AR platform that meet the "junk" definition above. Furthermore I Have been building using "junk" parts for years now and I have to say that DPMS in particular has routinely performed in an average way or better every time. If you want to parrot what the idiots say on AR15.com go ahead. It seems that every forum has its share of sheeple.

^ you. you may not be a member, but you have the mentality.

Call it what you want, but I call it as I see it from working in the industry for 20 years. I've seen tons of junk, ok stuff, and some real works of art.

As for Glocks, I think the angle of the grip is off for natural pointing.........the 1911 for me is so much better.

As for Oly arms........I have a personal friend that works for them. He was the chief pistolsmith and designer for the old Detonics........if you see the old Combat Master or Scoremaster, they are his designs. Anyway, when he tells me of the quality problems they are having........that's what we in the LE biz call a 'clue'.

Whatcha think?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads