JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
14.5 inch barrel.

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Tomcat, you can't be serious?
An AR is an extremely accurate rifle. With a 20" barrel, any Colt shoots 1 MOA. I haven't heard of a single "innaccurate" AR of any type, clones included.
When I got my first M-16 in Viet Nam in 1969, I set up a C-ration can lid at 200 yards and hit it with every shot when initially sighting in. No adjustments at all were necessary. I was amazed at the accuracy which was better than my M-14 by far at distances up to 350 yards. It was also nice to be able to carry double the amount of ammo into combat. The AR is more accurate than 99.% of all shooter's capabilities.

i have never had a AR that shot good....lets see sum pics of what thay will do at 100YRD's or so..:s0155:

That's a way to ask for trouble in this thread. :) Or at least get people posting pics of targets!

The nice thing is that even if you get flamed....a picture is better than a thousand words.

My AR is accurate, but it depends on more than just the AR platform for shooting. Good ammo, rest, and the big nut behind the trigger etc. all lend themselves to better accuracy.

For example:
Below is an example of commercial ammo. The one on the right is XM193.
Photo0019.jpg

handload using Varget, I think it likes this one....
Photo0020.jpg

And other handload using Varget.
Photo0021.jpg

This is a 5 shot group on a 1 inch center. This was before this load was even all the way finalized. 16" barrel through a suppressor at 100yds. I have no recent pics, but it does this or better now.

This pic was also in the wind. Most of my friends ARs will do close to this, but not with factory ammo. Hate to burst your bubble, but people always claim their riffle will hold MOA etc etc. These claims mean nothing. Most rifles won't shoot near this accurate with factory loads. Don't read into that and think I mean none... just most.

IMG_0385_2.jpg

I love my AR's. I've owned several now and I keep building and selling and building and selling. I guess I just get bored. I think I'm on my fourth or fifth AR right now. The current one in my stable is this one. Started as a bare bones Bushmaster flat-top 20". Added a YHM free-float handquard, YHM flip-up front sight gas block, Magpul MIAD grip, Midwest industries side sling mount, and a Burris XTR-14 scope with Fastfire II back-up red-dot. I am considering getting a LaRue mount for the scope and getting an offset angle mount for the red-dot. Last, I will probably add a short bi-pod to the front.

I haven't shot the gun since I got the scope, but don't like the way the scope is mounted in the picture, hence the desire for the LaRue mount. Good thread, hopefully it can remain civil and people keep putting cool pictures up...

I had one. S&W M&P15, I sold it because I needed the money.
Bought it in 2008 for $850.00
Sold it in 2009 for $1250. I would say that's better than the stock market.

And I cry every night because I miss it:(

I had one. S&W M&P15, I sold it because I needed the money.
Bought it in 2008 for $850.00
Sold it in 2009 for $1250. I would say that's better than the stock market.

And I cry every night because I miss it:(

Good news - the market is low again, and you can find complete rifles (or build one yourself) in the 700 dollar range. Get crackin!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top