JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
can we stop arguing and throw up some more pics of teh AR's?

How could anyone be angry about something that brings such joy?
shootin007Small.jpg

:s0155: Now THAT'S a nice one!:D

I've heard good things about Double-Star lowers. I think the best bang for the buck would be Essex lowers. Cheap AND good quality.

And you guys are right about Noveske and LMT. Doesn't get much better than that.

Colts have those damnd big pin holes!:confused:

Now here's a question for you...

I'd eventually like to go to a low profile gas block and an extended free float rail for my carbine. I already have a free float tube on there as seen in this pic:

What would be the best course of action? I assume it would be tear the thing apart to see what my current free float system would be compatible with. I'd like to make things as simple as possible...living in an apartment doesn't leave me any room for a workbench with a vice.

The scope on there is garbage. I bought it with it on there but it currently just has a carry handle. Eventually it'll have an EOTech but I still want some decent irons on it. It's just going to be a fun plinker.

The thing about gas blocks.........yes they're ultra cool looking, but they really aren't made well.

Look at the gas block/front sight base you have now. It's fitted to THAT barrel, it's made to tight tolerances to keep the gas from leaking out. yes, some still does but very very little.

Also look how it's attached.......with very tight fitting tapered pins. Look how most gas blocks are attached.......set screws.......UGH!

The proper way to do what you want, with a rail that will go past the gas block, is to cut down and contour the sight base you have so a rail will fit over it.

There are some after market gas blocks that are held with pins, but those will need to be fitted to THAT barrel, to ensure a tight gas seal.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top