JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So....my AR has seriously about 100,000rds+ through it. (Tried to put it up for sale a few years ago for roughly $1,000,000 when all hell broke loose. Mods took my ad down....still can't imagine why....) It's always been shot suppressed. Last weekend we went out and shot at 700-900yds and we were consistently hitting my steel plate. Shot 1200yds (AT LEAST) and got a 10x10 foot group. I'm not suprised at all. What does suprise me is when I shot a 100yd group I couldn't even hit a 3x5 card. Barrel was warm but can was HOT. Checked for baffle strikes and there were none. My guess is the barrel is toast. It's never been shot full auto but the can is rated for it. I'm guessing it's time for a new barrel....When we shot it cold everything was fine but quickly changed once things heated up. Is there any compensation for that? I know it's been shot to $hit but can't seem to part with it....

Here's my plate just for fun.....strikes at that distance don't even make a mark except for a splash...

20160809_192144.jpg

Last Edited:
Harmonics. All about harmonics. Warm barrel, loose rifling, can at the end... I bet it was dancing like a hula girl.

That's why I have several ARs. When one heats up, pick up another one!

That and it pizzes off the libtards.

Get a quick change kit for the AR with a 2nd barrel.
If you've cleaned it a lot ( I assume with that many rounds) the rifling may also be worn out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top