JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So my 7th wedding anniversay is coming up at the end of July. My wife loves to shoot my AR and has repeatedly said she wants her own. That is friggin awesome BUT .... she wants pink furniture. blech! yuk! gag! However, she is also a U of Oregon Duck fanatic. So I was thinking about buying her very own AR and finding a way to paint the forearm, pistol grip, and stock with Duck green and yellow.

My first thoughts involved Cerakote, Durakote, Aluma-Hyde. Would Krylon spray paint do the trick but be able to deal with wear and tear as well as cleaning solvents etc.?

I appreciate your thoughts and advice!

Krylon will ware and tare off its great for camo cause you can just repaint it but for yellow and green it will not work the black will start to show through .

any of the others mentioned that are back on will work great on the aluminum and metal parts but you can't bake the furniture thats where the none back on types would work . there is a non bake on gun kote and durakote also makes a non bake on .

Ok "Please don't paint an AR!" I know it sounds like a good idea but the paint will wear off very quickly. Now with that being said I had by SIG 556 Cerakoted in digital six months ago by Jessi at <broken link removed> They did an amazing job on my rifle and my AR is next to go in for some work. I would suggest going to their website and taking a look at some of the photos of their work. I say a Glock they did in and Oregon Duck two tone. Anyway good luck!

STS Arms made this edition in cerakote, however I'm sure any of the folks who do coatings can do the same

15qzon7.jpg

They are in Oregon but I'm not sure if they are a forum sponsor
STS Arms Home Page

15qzon7.jpg

You could buy yellow or green Furniture, my thoughts would be bake finish or powder coat the barrel, upper and lowers green with yellow furniture ... or vice versa ... I would love to see it done , A friend and I have talked about doing one like that for a while !! Similar to the Dewalt AR, but with the metal in green ...

dewalt-ar15.jpg

dewalt-ar15.jpg

Like it or Not, if SHE wants Pink, then get her pink. Don't make it what You want or what you think she will like. She will enjoy it much better if it is the way SHE wants it.

Just my .02 cents...

I'm fortunate, that my wife and daughter both wanted all black.... both easy builds... :)

Stay Safe.

If it's her rifle go with the Pink furniture and buy some used furniture and paint that for your surroundings, just in case there is a zombie invasion. be sure to add a pink bayonet:s0114:
I'd get that lower, upper and barrel as quick as possible

Like it or Not, if SHE wants Pink, then get her pink. Don't make it what You want or what you think she will like. She will enjoy it much better if it is the way SHE wants it.

Just my .02 cents...

I'm fortunate, that my wife and daughter both wanted all black.... both easy builds... :)

Stay Safe.

Truth is she is thinking pink because I've shown her pics of AR's with pink goodies on them. I don't thnk she has even had a hint of a thought about a green and yellow duck type AR. I can gaurantee a "Duck" AR would be one of the coolest things she could even imagine. For a gal who wasn't a gun gal when I met her she sure has turned out to be a pure diamond in every possible way!!!! She would be so excited!!!

Now I am thinking black furniture and if I can swing it a Duck green barrel and upper that fades into a yellow lower. Hoping whomever I can get to do it can also add in "ducks" and "oregon" and the "O" on the metal.

Truth is she is thinking pink because I've shown her pics of AR's with pink goodies on them. I don't thnk she has even had a hint of a thought about a green and yellow duck type AR. I can gaurantee a "Duck" AR would be one of the coolest things she could even imagine. For a gal who wasn't a gun gal when I met her she sure has turned out to be a pure diamond in every possible way!!!! She would be so excited!!!

Now I am thinking black furniture and if I can swing it a Duck green barrel and upper that fades into a yellow lower. Hoping whomever I can get to do it can also add in "ducks" and "oregon" and the "O" on the metal.

You lucky dog, give her options and be happy !

I see where your coming from now, my mistake.
Plenty of room for the "O" on the right side of the mag well on most lowers.
Maybe show her a few pictures of the painted AR's as in some of the links above.
Take some pic's and post them when you get it completed.

Stay Safe.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top