Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR 15 free float handguard advice wanted

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Kevatc, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Any recommendations on a freefloat handguard with rails in the 15" or so length that would fit around a standard FSB with bayonet lug would be appreciated .... if there is such a thing. I think the lug is going to make my idea a hard one to make happen. Thanks in advance!

2. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Daniel Defense Free-Floats kick donkey. I run them on my M4-geries. I believe they make longer versions that extend past and go over the FSB as well. (Troy is good stuff too)

4. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

There's miles of stuff out there right on this topic so I won't get to detailed. As Stomper said Daniel Defense kicks donkey! I put a Daniel Defense Omega rail on my BCM-A4 myself and love it.

5. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks. After looking at the DD stuff and this Troy/VTAC I think I will go with the Troy. Drop in with current barrel nut/delta ring ... looks like what I am looking for!

6. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Hmmm... I'm curious how they make it a "free float" if it utilizes the existing delta-ring and barrel nut? To be a true free-float it has to be achored to the front of the top receiver where the delta-ring would be, and not be in contact with the barrel throughout it's entire length.

Hoefully its not a poor item description and is what you're looking for.

7. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

From the discription, it looks like the Troy VTAC is anchored basically just like the DD Omega rail. If that's the case then I would say yes, it's free floating.