JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have no data to back it up, but I'm basing my prediction on these observations:

1. The AR15 market is likely getting close to the bottom price-wise ($400-$500 AR's aren't uncommon).
2. Many gun owners already own one or multiple AR15's and may be looking to diversify.
3. From what I can tell demand for AR10's is strong.
4. I would guess (again, I don't know) that the manufacturing process for AR10's is similar to that of the AR15.

The process is simular just more in material cost. Just less tooling out there at the moment. When the demand for ar15s sky rocketed thanks you our former president. It became a worthy investment for Ar15 tooling so many companies invested in the tooling. Same thing happened with .308 platform but the Ar15 had a head start. It all depends on demand and a manufacturers ability to re coop from their investment.

A thrifty shopper can easily build a .308 Ar style rifle for under $800 if they shop sales for parts. There are barrels for under $100 and bolt carrier groups when on sale for under $150. receivers going for $300 per set. I could build one for $650.

Last Edited:
I have no data to back it up, but I'm basing my prediction on these observations:

1. The AR15 market is likely getting close to the bottom price-wise ($400-$500 AR's aren't uncommon).
2. Many gun owners already own one or multiple AR15's and may be looking to diversify.
3. From what I can tell demand for AR10's is strong.
4. I would guess (again, I don't know) that the manufacturing process for AR10's is similar to that of the AR15.

The main reasons prices haven't already dropped to those levels is the lack of standardization in the AR10 world - you just don't have the same amount of choices and competition as you do for the AR15. Standardization is starting to happen to a certain extent, but you still have at least three main patterns - Armalite, DPMS, and DMPS small frame - to contend with.

Well news to me. Thanx for the info. Just like they upgraded the UZI. Is this because IMI went IWI? About 20 years ago I had one like stomper posted. But mine had all wood furniture and a bi-pod. I killed my very first deer with that rifle. I am to this day regretting that fact I had to get rid of it.
Not sure why they did so, but I'd guess its to modernize it and decrease the weight. IMI is still IMI, IWI was just the small arms department of IMI.

Its a shame they don't bring in the old design, but they claim to not have the tooling to make the old design.

Since this thread has run its course, here's my .308 "AR-10"...

View attachment 336473 View attachment 336474

:D
That looks like an original Magnum Research import. Is it? I have one that has an Armson O.E.G. red dot sight (the grandfather of all of today's red dots from the mid-1980's). Shot a charging black bear with it in my back yard in Wasilla, AK on May 19, 1990. Twenty Nosler 150gr. JSP's. Took 4 shots to down him even though the first shot blew out his brains. He was a little pumped on adrenaline. Me too. I liked the fact that I still had 16 rounds left in case any of his buddies showed up:D

The process is simular just more in material cost. Just less tooling out there at the moment. When the demand for ar15s sky rocketed thanks you our former president. It became a worthy investment for Ar15 tooling so many companies invested in the tooling. Same thing happened with .308 platform but the Ar15 had a head start. It all depends on demand and a manufacturers ability to re coop from their investment.

A thrifty shopper can easily build a .308 Ar style rifle for under $800 if they shop sales for parts. There are barrels for under $100 and bolt carrier groups when on sale for under $150. receivers going for $300 per set. I could build one for $650.
:D

And ship it to me?????:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

I'm planning to build an Aero Precision M5E1 this year, despite Kommiefornia's restrictions on such a rifle- the CA DOJs options are to build a "planet of the Apes" featureless rifle, or secure a 10-round magazine to the lower with a rivet and reaload it by splitting the receivers and using a stripper clip. Another approved option is to use the new AR Maglock device- it still requires splitting the receivers to reload, but when split the magazine can be released. All of these option suck a$$, but at least we can still buy lowers here in Kommiefornia.

Hopefully President Trump will put an end to all of these foolish CA gun laws, which infringe on our right to bear arms.

Geno

I'm planning to build an Aero Precision M5E1 this year, despite Kommiefornia's restrictions on such a rifle- the CA DOJs options are to build a "planet of the Apes" featureless rifle, or secure a 10-round magazine to the lower with a rivet and reaload it by splitting the receivers and using a stripper clip. Another approved option is to use the new AR Maglock device- it still requires splitting the receivers to reload, but when split the magazine can be released. All of these option suck a$$, but at least we can still buy lowers here in Kommiefornia.

Hopefully President Trump will put an end to all of these foolish CA gun laws, which infringe on our right to bear arms.

Geno

I'd go with the Maglok device since there is no modification and it can be replaced in 10 minutes, that would be 10 minutes after the New US Supreme Court overturns California's oppression of the Second Amendment.

I'd go with the Maglok device since there is no modification and it can be replaced in 10 minutes, that would be 10 minutes after the New US Supreme Court overturns California's oppression of the Second Amendment.

That's one solution.

I on the other hand would move to a free state

That's one solution.

I on the other hand would move to a free state

The Kaiser on @Gene Rojas 's mind is not a roll, but a town just outside Salem, Oregon (a still sorta free state), so he's working on it. The best solution is to make the state you are in a free state if it isn't already, but that's years away even with the great start we got yesterday.

Scroll down to the 9th image. I have one planned for fun. Because I can.
Custom Rifles | Dzuro's Guns, Ventura, CA

I actually live less than an hour from than LGS- the bright, showy, colored rifles are not my scene, I prefer weapons that won't reveal my position and are more for combat or self-defense. And after adding up my parts list, I can build a very nice FDE M5E1 for less than what a turnkey rifle costs.

Geno

I must have gave the impression i would "buy" pre-fab. Not so. Heck NO. I wouldn't necessarily build to full specs as the image I pointed out. Barrel & bolt carrier? Yeah, that's possible. The bi-pod alone is $500!! I snub my nose at the price of the Atlas!

This is a hobby for me. All my hobby will defend fine ;)

I must have gave the impression i would "buy" pre-fab. Not so. Heck NO. I wouldn't necessarily build to full specs as the image I pointed out. Barrel & bolt carrier? Yeah, that's possible. The bi-pod alone is $500!! I snub my nose at the price of the Atlas!

This is a hobby for me. All my hobby will defend fine ;)

I don't know your tastes, but I wasn't assuming you'd buy a designer rifle build either- just commenting on those rifles. Ventura is a beach community, and I'll bet most of that guy's customers are probably into buying high-priced custom rifles to show off at the range that they have money. It does look like he does very nice work though. I do enjoy building my own rifles too, but my last three purchases were factory builds- time, brand, and reputation were the main factors for buying them.

Geno

No, my days of boutique extravagance are long gone. I'm not one for cerekote. I'm just not sold on it. I am getting a little bored with black anodize though, which is why I'm drawn to the different colors. For me, it's be like rolling the street bike out of the garage, for a nice ride on a sunny day.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top