JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a PWS Mk216. Fun gun, but that was about it. It was reliable but ultimately wasn't for me.

Keep in mind that you would still need to clean the BCG, in addition to the piston. The main advantage would be as a suppressor host, otherwise DI will do just as fine and may be a bit more accurate.

i dont have an ar10 i have an lr308. i really like it for as little as ive shot it. i have iron sights for now. am planning on an optic before hunting season

I have 2 that are lr308 pattern. They are both DI guns. One is a factory Remington R25 that I purchased to hunt with, the other is one that I built on Aero Precision receivers. The Aero has a 24 in. criterion barrel and is set up as a long range rifle. They are both extremely accurate and fun to shoot but the Aero gets shot the most. Down sides would be weight and cost of ammo when compared to 5.56.

DPMS LR308, 18" barrel, DI gas. Fun to shoot, easy to maintain, but has been collecting dust for ~3 years while I've been working on LR rifles. [edit] realized it's been three years since I took it for a long shooting session....
Will prolly mod and shoot it a lot more in the future, but my attention is elsewhere for now.

I'm contemplating the purchase of a piston AR10.

Anyone here have one?

If so, what do you have?

What do you like or dislike about it?

Thanks!

I have a Sig Patrol 716. Besides the fact that it's heavy as hell and ammo cost, it's a good shooter. I've had an omega for about 6 months and haven't shot it on the rifle yet.... looking forward to hearing it when i do though.

I have a Sig Sauer 716 Patrol. It is accurate, but I have yet to test it's long range accuracy (200-600 yds.) since I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it at any targets over 150 yds. yet. I also just added the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x 44 scope last Christmas, so I'm still sorting it out. The rifle has a 16" barrel and a carbine-length handguard- this may be too short for some- I prefer a longer hand guard as well. It is also not the lightest AR-10 on the market- 9 lbs. without a scope or a magazine loaded, but the weight does steady the rifle as you shoot it.

I have about 100 rounds through it so far- only had 1 jam (shooting in below freezing weather in Oregon), but considering the conditions and the new feed ramps, I'm not concerned. I've done one mag dump and the rifle did not jam (not recommended due the cost of .308 ammo-lol).

Geno
15726496_1336530413066366_1968319402832168776_n.jpg

I have two LR308s. They are both DI guns, both are pretty accurate. The 308 platforms are heavier than they look :)
I went with DPMS because they seem to be the most popular with aftermarket manufactures, so that's a plus. The DPMS LR308 upper receivers have two different heights, it seems to be age related, not a plus. The forward assist on one of mine is kind of a waste, there are no serrations in the BCG for the forward assist to really engage with, not a plus. Most of the lower parts are the same as the AR15, except the take-down pins to my knowledge, that's a plus. Compatibility between the manufactures is pretty much non-existent, each manufacture's platform is pretty much proprietary, that is definitely NOT a plus. I hope that helps

I have one in 6.5 creed built off a mega MaTen upper/lower set (LR-308 pattern) and DI. I love it was built as a match rifle and its extremely accurate and runs well even with a suppressor. The down side is they aren't cheap to build accurately. I probably have around 2800-3500 into it before the scope.

I am leaning towards one but may just get a bolt action and save some money for the amount I would probably shoot it. If I do get one it will be the DPMS 16" barrel version. Realistically everything I need.

I had one built from an Aero upper/lower with a 16" barrel. It is a fun gun, especially shooting suppressed, but it's a bit too heavy to hunt with if you like to hike in. If you road hunt or sit all day it's not too bad. A good gun to have in the safe either way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top