JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for ways to best conceal carry during times where concealment is most important. I have an LCP that can fit in this little guy pretty easily I believe.

Any input on ankle holsters, specifically the one linked below, is appreciated. Are they comfortable and good at concealing a small firearm beneath pant legs?

Amazon.com : Ankle Holster Adjustable Neoprene Elastic Wrap Concealed Ankle Carry Gun Holster with Magazine Pocket for Small Frame Pistol Handgun by Yosoo, Fits Men Women, Black : Sports & Outdoors

Thank you,

Raidingtime

made by "Yosoo Health Gear".... o_O
In my experience the cheaper the holster the more likely it will wind up in the proverbial box of fail.

I get saving money but I wouldn't bet your life on unknown gear to save and extra $40 or so... find the cheapest maybe from any of the name brand companies that are well known.

$60 for this Galco.
COP ANKLE BAND: Galco Ankle Holsters at Galco

Do your self a HUGE favor and go see RYAN out at MK Tactical. He does some very good holsters and is a heck of a nice guy too. I wish I had known about him earlier.

I carry a Kimber Compact Ultra Carry II in a trick custom made ankle holster that laces to your boot for the ultimate secure retention and comfort. It rides above most boot cut cuffs, and yet is really easy to get to. Will post some pictures of it if you wish!

I'm looking for ways to best conceal carry during times where concealment is most important. I have an LCP that can fit in this little guy pretty easily I believe.

Any input on ankle holsters, specifically the one linked below, is appreciated. Are they comfortable and good at concealing a small firearm beneath pant legs?

Amazon.com : Ankle Holster Adjustable Neoprene Elastic Wrap Concealed Ankle Carry Gun Holster with Magazine Pocket for Small Frame Pistol Handgun by Yosoo, Fits Men Women, Black : Sports & Outdoors

Thank you,

Raidingtime

Well as others have mentioned if you "cheap out" on one it's far more chance you will not use it. I have tried them long ago and hated it. Now this was before they had the ones that had a support strap. That seems to me like a good idea but have not tried one. I have seen a LOT of people try one. Very few stuck with it. Part of this was back when I was seeing people try them the new very light pistols had not yet been invented. With the one you are asking about it's far more likely to work for you. One thing I would try first is Ebay. These are a system that very often someone tries and soon it's tossed aside and later sold. May find one to try far cheaper. You may like the carry method and if so can buy a better one. I like the idea that Uri-Ki mentioned. The main reason I hated mine was the weight felt like it was always falling off or moving too much. Laced to a boot would be quite secure. That along with the light pistol. The guy who got me to try mine carried a Star (firebrick) Firestar .40 in one and he LOVED it.

Have you looked at a belly band? What types of outfits will you be wearing where this concealment is so important. Your dress will make a huge difference in what is most practical but something like a belly band may be a great option to keep the gun tight in against your body. The LCP isn't exactly a difficult pistol to conceal well really anything that breaks up its outline will leave people thinking its a cell phone or something similar due to its size.

I'm willing to spend more for a quality holster. I'm not looking for a "deal"; I understand the quality of a holster is almost, if not more, important than the quality of the gun. If I don't find the holster comfortable or convenient to use then I won't use it.

However, here's been my experience. I bought a custom holster for a gun once at over $100. It was the worst holster that I've ever used and owned. Some of the cheapest holsters I have are some of the ones that I use the most. The most used holster I've got is a $60 Well Armed Women holster for my Shield with CT. Point being is that price does not necessarily reflect how good of a holster it is. I will admit that it is more likely that it's a better holster if it costs more.

Reading the reviews and noting that it only has a 64% 5 star rating I would pass on it.

I have used ankle holsters before and for my body size I find them ideal when I am driving or the passenger inside an automobile.

Other than that: not so good. When walking or running I was uncomfortable with it because it always felt like I was about to hyperextend my knee.

Reading the reviews and noting that it only has a 64% 5 star rating I would pass on it.

I have used ankle holsters before and for my body size I find them ideal when I am driving or the passenger inside an automobile.

Other than that: not so good. When walking or running I was uncomfortable with it because it always felt like I was about to hyperextend my knee.

Your experience is what I've read from a lot of forums which is why I'm hesitant on getting one. I think I should go the belly band route.

I tried it once when I was visiting San Fransisco, wont do that again.:rolleyes:

metal note don't touch the gun why its down there in that town.......just don't youve been warned.o_O

I tried an ankle holster once for my Desert Eagle in .50AE and it was so darn uncomfortable and kept dragging on the ground. Well, it might not have been 'zackly an ankle holster, but I had it cinched real tight around my lower leg. Main problem was getting my pants on over it. I gave up in the end - walking around in my shorts with this four pound pistol dragging on the ground around my ankle I felt like a real klutz, know what I mean?

tac

Ankle holsters suck. Get a wallet holster or in the waistband for your LCp you will be much happier and your ankle with thank you too.

My calf is too big for that sort but I've been perfectly happy with a cheapo nylon hook and loop ankle type. which looks like just the bottom part of your picture link but mine has a 3/4 inch strap going up adjustable in length and by where you stick it to the holster, also allows position adjustment around the ankle with a 1" hook and loop strap that goes just above the thickest portion of the calf and below the knee.
I carried that way daily for 11 years due to my work but now retired, am strictly waist or pocket carry unless I"m at a social event where bumping into or hug greetings are happening..
If you wear nice cotton wool blend sock the smallest of little plastic pocket guns 380 or less you will forget it is there unless you run. I found littler 9's or small frame 357 revolvers need a little more padding between them and you than a nice sock, but still never paid over 25. they are considered disposable to me as the hook and loop tends to loose its grip when used several times a day /365 and so I replace them every year or when they start to fuzz out.
I had several nice very well made leather, (not low cost) ,and leather with stretch nylon but sold them little used over the cheap, disposables. I found them chunky, inflexible and chafing albeit I realize the shape of the leg likely weighs heavily on how these thing fit an individual making them a personal thing, like pocket knives and hip holsters, they are not one type works for all. You will inevitably need to experiment till you find one that likes you.

I've never seen the need! I use a pocket holster for my LPC and no one has been the wiser. I carry a pair of spare mags in a Leatherman pouch, on my belt, very low key. :)

PS: What I mean by "never seen the need," is the need to be that uncomfortable! My buddy was into snubbies, and he was a wizard with them! I tried his ankle rigs, which he had no problem with at all, but found them uncomfortable! Especially his Detective Special, an all steel, six shooter! Meh, they just bothered me so I never bought one.:)

IMG_0557.JPG

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews