JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hahaha ...and support your local gunsmith, who will make $700 tuning up the 1911 so it'll run like a Glock already does, right out of the box. Right on, Huck. :cool::D

Seriously I like the idea to report to the PD, be sure to get an incident number, then take out a little nickel ad for the found piece.

Owner produces serial number and ID's holster ? It's returned. Not claimed, you have your incident number for the 'transfer' and your Little Nickel ad as proof, due diligence done.

I would do just like I did when my stepson "found" a bike many years ago. I called the local PD and told them what he found and gave them the serial number. There was no report of it being stolen at the time and that way if the owner came forward, they knew where to find it.
I see no reason to turn it in unless requested.

Make a reasonable attempt to find the owner (which you're doing) and inform the police. That way in the --unlikely but possible-- event the gun was tossed after having been used in a crime you have established a record that you found it.

Personally I'd just pick it up, clean it up and keep it and the whole thought of it is legal for the dirt to transfer it to me would not even cross my mind.

Glocks are always missing.. get it? lol
Oh and good on ya, yer doing the right thing and'll probably wind up with a pistol.. at least how I remember how found items were done/dealt with legally.
Though I've heard that some locales in the US will just take them and if no one found, will destroy it.

About a year ago, there was a crazy guy on a Yamaha R1 weaving between cars and generally being a menace to society. When he cut in front of me, he had to make a very aggressive move to get between me and the car next to me. When he did that I heard a loud thunk, something hit the front of my truck. When I got home, there was a Glock 42 in the bed of my truck. It must of came off him, hit my hood, and bounce into the bed. I turned it in to the Police, and they said they were going to make every effort to find the owner, and if they couldn't, I could claim it in 90 days. They would let me know. Never heard back. I often wonder if they found the owner, or if the guy at the desk just kept it.

Mine has run flawlessly since the day I bought it. And it's not even one of the expensive ones
So has mine - and my current one and only is probably the best shooter of the five I have owned. Mine is a Plain Jane Colt 1991-A1 and is capable of sub 2" groups (benchrested and with good reloads) but runs anything I put through it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top