JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To my mind...the idea negates just what a handgun is useful for.
In any event...I wouldn't suggest shooting a flintlock that way.... :D
Andy
I thought the same thing, but my ability to ring 10 inch steel plates is wildly better.

Ps. Flintlock rock! To continue my irritating of everyone here Here's my version the ar flintlock, equally fun (but not near as consistent or faster on target vs the cheek build)

F8F92C3E-F0A1-4C39-AA1F-CDAF9078D7CB.jpeg

I thought the same thing, but my ability to ring 10 inch steel plates is wildly better.

Ps. Flintlock rock! To continue my irritating of everyone here Here's my version the ar flintlock, equally fun (but not near as consistent or faster on target vs the cheek build)

View attachment 1331774
Flintlocks do indeed rock..both with the shooting and of course the flint being .....rock....:D

Speaking only for myself...
That pistol shown...ain't gonna work for me.
A handgun is just that ...a gun that is meant to be shot with one hand as in hand gun ...
Or with two , if one was taught that way.

All that said...lucky for us....we ain't limited to what I like or how I shoot.
Shoot what you like , shoot well and shoot safely....that is the important thing.
Andy

View attachment 1331774
Is that fake? Where would the bolt go while cycling? Sure looks cool but am I missing something? If it's real I sure want to assemble one 😁

Is that fake? Where would the bolt go while cycling? Sure looks cool but am I missing something? If it's real I sure want to assemble one 😁

A lot of guys who have not tried to cheek weld a pistol like to advocate against it.
Cheek welding IS a practical shooting method AND will certainly be used as the new vehicle to defend pistol stabilizing tubes when arm braces are banned/restricted.

Of course I wouldn't cheek weld a .308 or larger caliber or a 12g.. but for pistol calibers and intermediate cartridges its incredibly easy to maintain sight picture and accuracy under recoil. The sling pull method (to me) is wonky AF compared to cheek welding. Ive tried the sling pull method of shooting, Im just not a fan. YMMV.

Even if you're pretending to acknowledge the practicality or use of cheek-weld shooting its the same as claiming you use the arm brace as "intended".. at the end of the day its what it means on paper and how things are classified via the ATF.. I 100% bet that companies will suddenly make "cheek braces" and "cheek tubes" the new "arm brace".. it will happen.

In any event...I wouldn't suggest shooting a flintlock that way.... :D
Andy
Respectufully, I beg to differ.

It depends entirely on who is suggesting to give it a try whether they get a "I wouldn't suggest it" vs. a "go for it, buddy!" response. Also... who remembered to bring a six pack and who is trying to drink all of yours.

Just sayin...

Differ away....respectfully.... :D
I wouldn't shoot a flintlock that close to my eye...flint chips and the like are bad for you.
I have chipped more than a few shooting glasses during shooting with flintlocks.
Andy
Was my sarcasm and jovial demeanor not apparent enough?

Some people have a difficult time understanding my accent.:s0140:

Have been fascinated with the idea as outlined by the demonstrated concepts YouTube channel. Decided to embark on a build and ended up with a super fun little PCC. Surprisingly consistent on anything a 100 yards or under using both the cheek weld or the single point sling push/pull method. Curious is anyone else has any cheek pistols builds they care to share…

- Foxtrot Mike upper, 3 in barrel
- Endomag 9mm conversion mags
- Swampfox Liberty

View attachment 1331317 View attachment 1331318

"Cheek Pistols"…. sounds like an 80's punk-rock band who's lead singer's name is, "Soozie Fresch".

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top