JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No Way GIF by Corporate Bro

Love the idea, willing to put up with the looks for the price point, I'll check back when they get it to shoot patterns with the .410 and groups with the 45LC.
There are not a lot of choices out there in this configuration. I am a big fan of break open actions and I would like to own a break open pistol that doesn't break the bank.

This Contender is a decent deal.

This Contender is a decent deal.

Oh dear . . . .

PRS1942

From Vancouver
Last Seen Apr 22, 2019

Interesting design and appears to be pretty well made for the price.

Obviously based on the T/C Contender - something I once wanted at one point in my life but passed on due to other interests.

I suspect the .410 shotshell ability is probably where this will shine, however if it were made in other calibers such as .357, .9mm , .30 Carbine it might see some popularity as a hunting/varmint gun - it does for me !

A dovetail cut in the rear and the front for conventional sights would have been a big plus however, or having supplied it with such, and D & T for the rail and included it as an accessory for a few bucks more would have given it a lot more universal appeal I believe.

Last Edited:
We all need more marginally functional low grade crap guns.

Especially Arakboss.

What I really want to see are pics of his collection and how it is stored. where the foook does one put all that stuff?

The site doesn't say if the barrel is rifled. I would make a guess that it is so the .410 shot is going to go everywhere. For $200 I suppose it's something but more like a novelty. A single shot cheap-o version of the Judge.

The site doesn't say if the barrel is rifled. I would make a guess that it is so the .410 shot is going to go everywhere. For $200 I suppose it's something but more like a novelty. A single shot cheap-o version of the Judge.
In the video they mentioned that it is rifled, and that's how they avoid it being a short barrel shotgun

In the video they mentioned that it is rifled, and that's how they avoid it being a short barrel shotgun
Ah that makes sense, didn't even think about SBS. Ok so yeah it will fire .410 shells but anything besides slugs will be all over the map. Taurus didn't exactly set the world on fire with the Judge series so I guess Rossi is gonna cheapen it up and try again. :D

Those 15 yard groups were not too promising.

The Winchester ammo obviously did much better but heck, my 2" mod 60 Smith will shoot tighter groups than this at 15 yards....

Last Edited:
It's too bad that all of the .410 pistols have rifling. (Yes, I know the reason why.)

I would love a new offering of a T/C Contender pistol or CVA Scout Pistol (both with 14" barrels) in dedicated .410 smoothbore and screw in chokes.

It's too bad that all of the .410 pistols have rifling. (Yes, I know the reason why.)

I would love a new offering of a T/C Contender pistol or CVA Scout Pistol (both with 14" barrels) in dedicated .410 smoothbore and screw in chokes.
S&W bought T/C Contender and has issued a statement that they have no plans to produce anything new for the foreseeable future :(

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top